Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the gun

I know this article was discussed at the time. And DM isn't always the best source and much of the info in the article is moot now anyway. But the article does say the Laundries couldn't identify the make and model of the missing gun except that it was a revolver.

Where is Brian Laundrie's gun? | Daily Mail Online

I'm also thinking the condition of the bullet and the gun probably made matching impossible. And maybe given the degree of rust it wasn't possible to for the L's to even recognize the gun? (Or maybe they weren't asked.) I'd have thought there would be a record of the serial number but maybe not. And maybe it was BL's gun not theirs. I'd like to know more too but maybe there's no more to know.

One question-- I don't see that the key to the Mustang was found with BL's body. The car was driven home by the L's so they probably had a second key. But what happened to B's key? I doubt he left it in the unlocked car. Nobody does that these days. And if he locked it in the car that kind of says he knew he'd not need it. Wonder if that's the msg his parents got if that's what they found? Or I guess it could have floated away. Along with his pencil/pen. (But I think I'd have taken several writing tools with me under those circumstances.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288