Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do sales by owner get listed on Zillow?
Apparently so.
Lets think realistically, your daughter stops answering her phone , your future son-in-law doesn't answer. Your potential inlaws don't answer. You find out your daughters van is with the potential SIL and potential In Laws without your daughter in sight! What would you do? Pussy foot around or hammer on a door? I know what I would do!
Me too!

JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB
·

10h
Follow-up to the previous tweet, I gave Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino the opportunity to add any context, saying I'm just working to be "fair" in my reporting. His response: "To be fair leave them alone. Case and story is over." #GabbyPetito #BrianLaundrie
@WFLA

JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB
·

10h
(3/3) ...North Port Police said in October there was a "lack of cooperation from the family early on in this investigation." Whether that lack of cooperation leads to any potential charges, only time will tell. The FBI remains the lead agency. #GabbyPetito #BrianLaundrie

Show this thread

JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB

·
10h
(2/3) I still get routinely asked "what's next" in the investigation and "will the Laundries be charged?" To be clear, LE hasn't given any indication that the Laundries are suspected of any crime in #GabbyPetito or #BrianLaundrie's deaths. No charges filed, though... (cont.)
Show this thread

JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB

·
10h
(1/3) Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino was in contact with law enforcement during the month of November, though it's unclear what the inquiries were about. His clients Chris & Roberta Laundrie didn't have any direct LE contact during that time, he adds. #BrianLaundrie
Show this thread

Maybe there is no what next... but I'm super curious as to what was in the notebook, even if it had nothing to do with GP or the suicide.

I doubt the Laundries leave Florida any time soon, at least until they feel there will be no civil suit. There is a reason OJ Simpson moved to Florida after losing his suit after all.

This would also be a horrible time to sell that house. If they went the "for sale by owner" route listing their phone number, they would get hundreds of harassing calls. If going through a realtor, the realtor would likely get many harassing calls coupled with a large number of true crime fans wanting to tour the house looking for clues.

I doubt the notebook will help us understand what happened. What interests me most is what happened on BL's solo trip to Florida shortly before Gabby's death. What did he tell his parents? I suspect that whatever he told them put them in a state of mind that his solo return with the van later was not as surprising as we would otherwise expect. I wonder if he didn't tell them that GP was aggressive and hitting him and almost got him arrested in Moab and that he came home so that she could cool off. I doubt he told them the actual truth.

I would also like to know if his original plane ticket was one-way or a round trip ticket.

If you are one of the handful of sleuthers still working over the details of this case, this is for you. :D

door closing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVvbr58tX9NV8vNu7xBFwqg
Quote Snipped by me for ease of finding the link in question

thank you for all this hard work, it’s awesome. When I tried to rewatch the van door opening and clicked the link you posted here (above) I get something completely different. Maybe it’s me, are you able to get the correct video when you open this? Thanks!

I doubt the Laundries leave Florida any time soon, at least until they feel there will be no civil suit. There is a reason OJ Simpson moved to Florida after losing his suit after all.

This would also be a horrible time to sell that house. If they went the "for sale by owner" route listing their phone number, they would get hundreds of harassing calls. If going through a realtor, the realtor would likely get many harassing calls coupled with a large number of true crime fans wanting to tour the house looking for clues.

I doubt the notebook will help us understand what happened. What interests me most is what happened on BL's solo trip to Florida shortly before Gabby's death. What did he tell his parents? I suspect that whatever he told them put them in a state of mind that his solo return with the van later was not as surprising as we would otherwise expect. I wonder if he didn't tell them that GP was aggressive and hitting him and almost got him arrested in Moab and that he came home so that she could cool off. I doubt he told them the actual truth.

I would also like to know if his original plane ticket was one-way or a round trip ticket.
I would also love to know more about the original plane ticket and also whether he actually flew back a few days prior to the date reported. I would love to see that boarding pass!

thank you for all this hard work, it’s awesome. When I tried to rewatch the van door opening and clicked the link you posted here (above) I get something completely different. Maybe it’s me, are you able to get the correct video when you open this? Thanks!

I watched before I linked this, but I will double check.
I will also go back and add a time stamp.

To clarify, this is the video where the poster breaks down various theories about the video and is approved by WS. I do not have the link of the super creepy close up video, and do not know if it is approved. I’ll take a second look tho.

Also, if you are interested in this topic. Some one here on WS did some great work with close up screen shots that you can probably find if you search the thread.

Thank you for your input!

I would also love to know more about the original plane ticket and also whether he actually flew back a few days prior to the date reported. I would love to see that boarding pass!
You have me very curious about your suspicions leading up to the 8/17…

Not one person came forward to the media to say they sat next to him or on the same flight either.
To be fair, he’s a pretty generic looking guy. I don’t think I’d remember anyone from a flight a month prior unless i had the displeasure of having an extended conversation with them and they told me their name or said something memorable.

To be fair, he’s a pretty generic looking guy. I don’t think I’d remember anyone from a flight a month prior unless i had the displeasure of having an extended conversation with them and they told me their name or said something memorable.
This is so true. I flew round trip about four weeks ago, and I could not tell you anything at all about the person next to me - male, female, young, old, business traveler, recreational traveler, no idea. We exchanged a polite 'hello' (and I only know that because I always politely say "hi" before going back to whatever I'm doing and would remember if that was met with silence), and that was that.

You are correct! That was a terrible link. I’m still learning how to create/copy/embed videos, please forgive me.

Try this at 1:35

If it is better, I will change the link when I update the post.
If not, I’ll try again.

You are correct! That was a terrible link. I’m still learning how to create/copy/embed videos, please forgive me.

Try this at 1:35

If it is better, I will change the link when I update the post.
If not, I’ll try again.
That’s great! Thank you for fixing it. It sure looks like the door closes to me.

I agree. He’s not really memorable at a glance. I probably wouldn’t remember if I sat next to him on a flight a month earlier either.

Here is one research answer. The link has added links one can read.

Weapon location following suicidal gunshot wounds - PubMed

574 suicide by a gun, revolver/handgun, but not a long gun the following was determined…

76 cases the gun location could not be decided.
498 cases left

24%-26.7% of the time the gun stayed in hand
69% gun was near or on the body
30 cm or 11.8 inches gun near body not in hand
7% of the time the gun was found less the 30cm or 11.8 inches from body

IMO….I don’t think the gun will ever be found. I don’t think an alligator ate it either. I do think the gun was near the body at one point but not in the hand when the body was found. I do hope authorities find some answers.

I read the first article but ended up thinking the conditions here were so unique as to render any general studies of the topic almost irrelevant.

The length of time & extreme conditions associated with flooding, predators, insects & extreme humidity.

It’s not like extremes of anything that is preservative, like cold. I don’t even want to imagine anything about the remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak