Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Snipped by me for ease of finding the link in question

thank you for all this hard work, it’s awesome. When I tried to rewatch the van door opening and clicked the link you posted here (above) I get something completely different. Maybe it’s me, are you able to get the correct video when you open this? Thanks!

And here are those screen shots

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

thanks to @PonderingOne !

IMO, consideration should be given to the possibility that this particular video may have been manipulated. Many of us reviewed the original and could not see the doors closing.
I do not believe the door is closing. I am dominantly certain that parallax is involved. No matter how much so-called "enhancing" is applied, that would not change. The single vie is from a single consumer grade *wide angle* lens and through a bus windshield. Neither of which could reasonably be considered optically perfect. but, I suppose, even improbable stuff is still possible.

I've reviewed the high-res original video in slow motion. I saw the doors closing; however, I'm not convinced that that is significant anyway. There are plenty of non-nefarious reasons for someone to have been in the van. MOO.
IMO, consideration should be given to the possibility that this particular video may have been manipulated. Many of us reviewed the original and could not see the doors closing.

Laundrie parents seek son's assets

Parents listed $20,000 in checking/savings at BoA, so why was BL using Gabby's bank card on the way home from Grand Teton? There are no creditors or debt.

Also:

"The Laundries seek to divide their son’s estate."
I don't believe that he had $20,000 unless it was an inheritance in a trust account.

I don't believe that he had $20,000 unless it was an inheritance in a trust account.
Direct quote from the article:

"Laundrie’s assets with Bank of America are listed as $20,000 in checking/savings, according to the filings on Wednesday. There were no creditors or listed debt in those documents."

Parents listed $20,000 in checking/savings at BoA, so why was BL using Gabby's bank card on the way home from Grand Teton? There are no creditors or debt.

Also:

"The Laundries seek to divide their son’s estate."
Maybe some of us were correct in guessing that Gabby and Brian pooled their money together for the trip, so with consent while she was alive, he had also been using the cards.

I don't think it was up to the Laundries to make an announcement to the public one way or the other. That's the job of LE. I don't know why LE didn't say anything except that I expect SB was right-- not even LE thought he was a danger to the public. And LE must have thought he was in the swamp because they kept looking there, not looking for him running around on the street or on the AT.

JMO

Yeah, but didn’t they raid the other bald guy’s hotel room rather aggressively for a white couple, if they didn’t think Brian was armed?

Yeah, but didn’t they raid the other bald guy’s hotel room rather aggressively for a white couple, if they didn’t think Brian was armed?

Maybe. I'm not sure we know if that story is actually true or true as told. But LE sure was spending oodles of money and doing lots of damage to the preserve looking for him there. And from what he said, that engineer who was so sure he saw BL at the AT had to wait days to speak to LE. So I'm not sure how intensive the search was for BL outside of the FL swamp.
JMO

Maybe. I'm not sure we know if that story is actually true or true as told. But LE sure was spending oodles of money and doing lots of damage to the preserve looking for him there. And from what he said, that engineer who was so sure he saw BL at the AT had to wait days to speak to LE. So I'm not sure how intensive the search was for BL outside of the FL swamp.
JMO
And do you think that they were spending all that money and energy to find a man who had stolen $1,000 dollars from his dead girlfriend?

And do you think that they were spending all that money and energy to find a man who had stolen $1,000 dollars from his dead girlfriend?

That's a change of subject and not the point in this particular discussion. The point discussed is that some people seemed to think the L's should have issued a public warning about their son being armed and possibly dangerous. That was ridiculous IMO. IF a warning was to be issued to the public, it was up to LE to do it. They didn't. Ever. So they didn't seem to think BL was a threat to the public. And they were quite right. He wasn't as he was dead.
JMO

It could really have been his parents’ stored in his name for some reason- it seems unlikely he would have built up that kind of nest egg, unless he was like one of my kids who literally kept every gifted and earned dollar from childhood. That kid had about 14k by age 19. Brat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie