Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some of us were correct in guessing that Gabby and Brian pooled their money together for the trip, so with consent while she was alive, he had also been using the cards.
If that $20k was pooled money between Gabby and BL, it seems shady to me that his parents are going after all of it. And have we ever heard from Gabby's parents that all of her belongings (in her van that BL drove home to Florida) were returned to them?

BL's parents have been shady since they day the didn't return Gabby's parents' calls as to her whereabouts. I've read nothing to convince me they suddenly have grown a conscience.

I really hope Gabby's parents file a civil suit against the Ls if it turns out they are absconding with assets that were partially Gabby's.

MOO

Maybe. I'm not sure we know if that story is actually true or true as told. But LE sure was spending oodles of money and doing lots of damage to the preserve looking for him there. And from what he said, that engineer who was so sure he saw BL at the AT had to wait days to speak to LE. So I'm not sure how intensive the search was for BL outside of the FL swamp.
JMO
The “story” of armed US Marshalls kicking in the door seems pretty “true” per quotes from LE in linked Fox News report. Lucky that guy didn’t make a false move that looked like he was going for a gun, MOO.

Brian Laundrie lookalike has hotel door kicked in by US Marshals, deputies in arrest attempt

The “story” of armed US Marshalls kicking in the door seems pretty “true” per quotes from LE in linked Fox News report. Lucky that guy didn’t make a false move that looked like he was going for a gun, MOO.

Brian Laundrie lookalike has hotel door kicked in by US Marshals, deputies in arrest attempt

Some of the details re: that incident discussed on WS don't appear in that story. So I'm still not sure how true those were. But as the linked story makes clear, the hotel action was taken only after the local sheriff's dept received multiple calls over several days from "helpful" members of the public who claimed the person was BL. And only after the local sheriff reached out after a few days did federal officials get involved. That incident, along with the incident involving hiker Dennis Davis who had to wait 4 days for an FBI interview,

Hiker who has ‘no doubt’ he met Brian Laundrie on trail says he will meet with FBI

suggest the feds weren't actively searching for BL anywhere but the FL swamp. It also provides some justification for LE not winding up the public further with a BOLO, armed and dangerous announcement. Helpful citizens easily could have blown away lots of guys whose only crime was being bald.
JMO

If that $20k was pooled money between Gabby and BL
Snipped by me

I was thinking that maybe the $20 wasn't the pooled money. Rather just his account. Someone upthread raised another possibility, that maybe the parents put that money in his account. I know they used to (or maybe still do) run their own business, so it could have been done for the purpose of tax avoidance, or possibly something else.

Obviously, just a guess but it does seem like a reasonable explanation, as that is a lot of money for someone his age.

I wouldn’t think so, in fact some realtors hold a bit of a grudge when a private seller comes to them later for their services after they couldn’t sell it themselves. IMO

I don't think anyone would have trouble selling any house nowadays without a realtor, if that's what they really wanted to do. It would still be snatched up at asking price or more.

People really need to leave the L's in peace now. No more hoaxes, harrassment, rumors.

I don't think anyone would have trouble selling any house nowadays without a realtor, if that's what they really wanted to do. It would still be snatched up at asking price or more.

People really need to leave the L's in peace now. No more hoaxes, harrassment, rumors.
“They sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind.”

Watch the Chilling Trailer for The Murder of Gabby Petito: Truth, Lies and Social Media - E! Online

6413238dc8eac30c3e0273c9aea685bf

For the first time since her death, those closest to Gabby Petito are shedding light on her life in an upcoming documentary.

The Murder of Gabby Petito: Truth, Lies and Social Media,

which will available to stream on Peacock starting Friday, Dec. 17, will give insight into Petito's story, the unanswered questions about her case and the devastating conclusion. In their first documentary interview, Gabby's parents and stepparents reflect on the life of their daughter, which include sharing childhood memories and details that have never been seen before.

Last edited:
That defies so much logic. I’d love to hear what that person meant by that because I’m pretty sure they don’t mean that a pistol which had been used to shoot and kill someone……could also float.

I believe the author of the original quote meant what they said. It's a good example that, although the Internet is valuable in many ways, it is also filled to bursting with people with no knowledge posting as if they have knowledge....

Snipped:

Brian Laundrie, 24, left no will upon his death. As a result, his parents are requesting access to his estate as beneficiaries. Officially, the court filings from the Laundrie family say Brian died on Oct. 20 and due to lack of any surviving spouses or children, they were the closest relations.

In terms of what makes up Brian’s estate, Chris and Roberta Laundrie are estimating the final value of his belongings to be $20,000 in Bank of America checking and savings accounts. The filing reported that Brian did not have an indebted estate, and no creditors had filed claims for portions of his property.

Should their request be approved, the Laundrie parents would each receive half of the value held in the accounts. The documents were filed in court on Dec. 8.

Parents of Brian Laundrie ask Florida court to let them take over his estate | WFLA

BL probably comfortably saved his own money while as a couple they lived minimally. They probably used her money mainly for expenses while traveling or the money they shared together. I’m also not shocked that he stole her money. When the body cam video was released he came off to me as selfish & self serving. IMO

I remember a friend being floored when she found out how much her ex boyfriend had saved (prior to them dating) while they struggled to pay bills when she was temporarily laid off. He was letting them sink but had over 40k saved. Odd. IMO

If Brian had 20k in his own account why did he steal the money out of Gabby's account?

That would likely depend on how the money was banked and it's intended purpose. If it was an inheritance, it could be held in a trust account that he was unable to access until he was a certain age, term deposits can't be accessed until maturity and it wouldn't be unreasonable for his parents to have contributed to a college fund for him.

Snipped:

Brian Laundrie, 24, left no will upon his death. As a result, his parents are requesting access to his estate as beneficiaries. Officially, the court filings from the Laundrie family say Brian died on Oct. 20 and due to lack of any surviving spouses or children, they were the closest relations.

In terms of what makes up Brian’s estate, Chris and Roberta Laundrie are estimating the final value of his belongings to be $20,000 in Bank of America checking and savings accounts. The filing reported that Brian did not have an indebted estate, and no creditors had filed claims for portions of his property.

Should their request be approved, the Laundrie parents would each receive half of the value held in the accounts. The documents were filed in court on Dec. 8.

Parents of Brian Laundrie ask Florida court to let them take over his estate | WFLA

"Should their request be approved, the Laundrie parents would each receive half of the value held in the accounts. The documents were filed in court on Dec. 8."

This is a very interesting tidbit which might help confirm the why Gabby and Brian had moved to Long Island prior to their road trip as the NPPD information officer stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow