Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, that is not true. The 911 caller did say that a man was slapping a woman. The other witness was at the cafe after the police had stopped them when they went looking to justify their judgment, IMO.
I am sorry but that police investigation to me is just a self serving covering up.
The policeman talking about his aggressive ex wife and laughing with BL about crazy women was highly inappropriate and very unprofessional.

Not to mention the 'fist bump', disgusting!

With respect, that is not true. The 911 caller did say that a man was slapping a woman. The other witness was at the cafe after the police had stopped them when they went looking to justify their judgment, IMO.
I am sorry but that police investigation to me is just a self serving covering up.
The policeman talking about his aggressive ex wife and laughing with BL about crazy women was highly inappropriate and very unprofessional.

Not to mention the 'fist bump', disgusting!
I'll say, I don't think it was ended without violence towards Gabby first. I think Brian killed himself out of guilt. Nothing more. No love story behind Gabby's death or his death. Jmo

And I would even argue it was more like cowardess at facing the consequences for Brian, rather than guilt.

It is very sad to watch this video she uploaded on August 19th but I think it’s fair to say she views Brian as her soul mate and the video is her very public statement of the closeness and intimacy the two share together. Considering this video was uploaded only days after the Moab crisis, I don’t think she was about to admit to anyone the relationship wasn’t working out, nor had she any thoughts of leaving him. If she had compulsive tendencies, maybe it also applied to her relationship with him, she wasn’t going to give it up regardless of his violent behaviour?

Really heart breaking.
WTH happened?
I can't even imagine how painful this is for their parents to watch.
MOO.

SOME of us need these REMINDERS below.
Ignore them at your own risk. :mad:

STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:
Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Traffic Stop is no longer open for dissecting (there are 76 threads filled with this info).
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

Tiff

https://twitter.com/heather_lacy1/status/1484177218880294912?s=21

https://twitter.com/lauraingle/status/1484184622858571780?s=21

I can’t get the text to copy. Here is a summary in my words:

Basically Gabby’s parents are at the FBI office in Tampa FL.
Fox News there is standing by to see what may be developing, if anything.
Speculation as to evidence, perhaps contents of notebook.

Is Twitter an ok source? These are 2 Blue Check reporters, producers…

I will self report to see if this is acceptable.

https://twitter.com/heather_lacy1/status/1484177218880294912?s=21

https://twitter.com/lauraingle/status/1484184622858571780?s=21

I can’t get the text to copy. Here is a summary in my words:

Basically Gabby’s parents are at the FBI office in Tampa FL.
Fox News there is standing by to see what may be developing, if anything.
Speculation as to evidence, perhaps contents of notebook.

Is Twitter an ok source? These are 2 Blue Check reporters, producers…

I will self report to see if this is acceptable.
From above links :).

Heather Lacy
@Heather_Lacy1

#BreakingNews: Our team is staked out at the #FBI Tampa Field Office and we just watched #GabbyPetito’s family arrive, check in at the guard gate and enter the building.
@lauraingle will have the latest developments on the #Petito case.

Laura Ingle NOT Ingraham
@lauraingle

#BreakingNews in the #GabbyPetito case. We are standing by for any developments in the investigation into her murder, & what the family may be told about the evidence in this case, including the possibility of learning what was in the notebook found near #BrianLaundrie
@FoxNews

Gabby Petito's family back in Florida 4 months later; parents reach agreement regarding couple's property

The family of Gabby Petito was in Florida on Thursday morning, roughly four months after their daughter was found strangled to death in Wyoming, Fox News Digital has learned, as an attorney representing her fiance's loved ones says they have reached an agreement about how the couple’s property will be distributed.

Steven Bertolino, the attorney who represents Brian Laundrie’s parents in the case involving his disappearance and subsequent suicide, told Fox News Digital on Thursday that he did not know what news might be coming out of Tampa, Florida, where the Petitos were that day. He added that he and the Petito family attorney, Rick Stafford, had "been working together to come to an agreement on the distribution of property to be released from law enforcement."

No updates on mtg w/ FBI Tampa— it’s private. Just Petito fam & agents.
@FoxNews
spoke to Laundrie Family Atty, he says he’s working with the Petitos’ Atty on the EVENTUAL return of Brian and Gabby’s personal items currently in FBI custody. https://foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-family-florida-brian-laundrie…
@lauraingle

https://twitter.com/Heather_Lacy1/status/1484210805990174722

I can't even imagine what the Petito family is feeling if they have to be in the same place at the same time as the Laundrie family.

No updates on mtg w/ FBI Tampa— it’s private. Just Petito fam & agents.
@FoxNews
spoke to Laundrie Family Atty, he says he’s working with the Petitos’ Atty on the EVENTUAL return of Brian and Gabby’s personal items currently in FBI custody. https://foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-family-florida-brian-laundrie…
@lauraingle

https://twitter.com/Heather_Lacy1/status/1484210805990174722

I can't even imagine what the Petito family is feeling if they have to be in the same place at the same time as the Laundrie family.

It would be uncomfortable I'm sure but it doesn't sound like they are together unless I've missed something. GP's family is in Tampa it sounds like. That's over 80 miles from North Port although it's in the same state. And it sounds like the main property division is being handled by the attorneys.

I'm not sure why the reporter, Heather Lacy, is making a big deal that the property return is not immediate but "EVENTUAL." What the quote addresses are items the FBI has, not items the Laundries have. It's not as though the attorney could have spoken in caps to Fox so the emphasis comes from the reporter. Odd.

JMO

Gabby Petito's parents did meet with the FBI in Tampa today. The reason for the meeting is secret right now. Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino says an agreement between the families in regards to property *including the notebook* has been reached.

The FBI is not commenting right now. Northport Police say they have not received any new information from the FBI.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/stat...9?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

>*Breaking* statement from #GabbyPetito family attorney: We truly appreciate the FBI’s diligent and painstaking efforts in this extremely complicated case. The quality and quantity of the facts and information collected by the FBI leave no doubt that Brian Laundrie murdered Gabby.

https://twitter.com/lauraingle/status/1484571080429875204

FJpTIu5WUAQ14zd

Statement from Gabby Petito's family attorney thanks the FBI -- and says "the quality and quantity of the facts and information collected by the FBI leave no doubt Brian Laundrie murdered Gabby." Still waiting on FBI statement.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/stat...9?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

FBIDenver issues a final investigative update on the Gabrielle Petito Case.

5852E7D2-71B1-4D94-8F85-09268455AF55.jpeg

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1484621114663862278?s=21

January 21, 2022
FBI Denver Provides Final Investigative Update on Gabrielle Petito Case
Yesterday, the family of Gabrielle Petito met with the FBI at the Tampa Field Office as the investigation will be closed in the near future.

“All logical investigative steps have been concluded in this case,” said FBI Denver Division Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider. “The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito. The FBI’s primary focus throughout the investigation was to bring justice to Gabby and her family. The public’s role in helping us in this endeavor was invaluable as the investigation was covered in the media around the world. On behalf of the FBI, I want to express my deepest appreciation to the public for the thousands of tips that were provided during the investigation, and to our local, state and federal law enforcement partners for their work throughout the investigation.”

The FBI opened its investigation into the disappearance of Ms. Petito on September 12, 2021, upon receiving reports from Gabby’s family that Ms. Petito was missing. The FBI, working with federal, state and local officials, organized a search of a remote area within the Grand Teton National Park and the Bridger-Teton National Forest.

On September 19, 2021, the search team located the remains of Ms. Petito at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area near where she and Brian Laundrie had been seen together. Ms. Petito was found approximately three weeks after her last known communication. The Teton County Coroner’s Office subsequently concluded Ms. Petito died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.” While law enforcement investigated all logical leads, the investigation quickly focused on the last person believed to see her alive—Mr. Laundrie.

The following is a timeline of the investigation:

• The FBI investigation revealed that, between August 30 and September 1, 2021, Mr. Laundrie had used Ms. Petito’s debit card without authorization on his drive back to Florida from Wyoming.
  • After Ms. Petito’s death, there were several text messages identified between Mr. Laundrie’s telephone and Ms. Petito’s telephone. The timing and content of these messages are indicative of Mr. Laundrie attempting to deceive law enforcement by giving the impression that Ms. Petito was still alive.
  • On September 15, 2021, Mr. Laundrie’s Ford Mustang was recovered from the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Park in North Port, Florida.
  • On September 17, 2021, Mr. Laundrie’s parents reported him missing shortly after law enforcement conducted a welfare check at their residence.
  • On September 18, 2021, law enforcement officials commenced an extensive search of the park where Mr. Laundrie’s vehicle was parked and did not locate Mr. Laundrie. The area where Mr. Laundrie’s remains were later found was part of this search area, but the area was submerged due to recent flooding at the time of this initial search.
  • On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Mr. Laundrie. The warrant was issued pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment for violation of federal statute 18 U.S.C. § 1029(a)(1): “Use of Unauthorized Access Devices” related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Ms. Petito.
  • On October 7, 2021, after law enforcement made a request through Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino, the Laundries provided personal effects to law enforcement which were to be used to assist in the search of the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.
  • On October 20, 2021, after water had receded from the area and the park was reopened, Mr. Bertolino notified law enforcement that Mr. Laundrie’s parents intended to return to the park to search for Mr. Laundrie. Law enforcement officers were present when Mr. Laundrie’s parents located an item in the park later determined to belong to Mr. Laundrie.
  • Upon further search of the area, investigators found human remains later confirmed to be Mr. Laundrie, along with a backpack, notebook, and a revolver. A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito’s death.
  • On November 23, 2021, the District 12 Medical Examiner’s Office in Sarasota, Florida, released its report on the manner and cause of death of Mr. Laundrie. The report concluded Mr. Laundrie died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk