Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm back, I thought this tragic case was thoroughly settled. Here to ask about not about Brian's notebook, but the reported letter Roberta wrote to BL. What are people's thoughts? There's vague mention of her making an "offer." (I'm referring to the interview today on JB Biunno on WFLA w Pat Reilly). It's so strange!

According to the Petito's lawyer, it's 1) reportedly NOT about offering to help him leave the country, which has been widely speculated in the past. 2) Nor is it reportedly about helping him kill himself.

The only thing I can think of is she offered to take the blame??? This is pure speculation on my part. I just can't imagine what other options exist. Wondering what everyone else thinks.

And, hi again, everyone who cares about justice & truth in this case, & who hopes Gabby with all her dreams can rest in peace <3
Or help with the body. My guess is that they knew.

My immediate thought was to take the blame, but you're right--there's other scenarios, e.g., "tell me where the body is & I'll hide it where no one will find it" or something?! I personally never saw any of these types of things entering the picture.
I've always thought that the Laundries knew and were covering for him and that's why they were so cold to Gabby's family.

I was thinking maybe the letter from Roberta had an offer to lie and say Gabby had returned with Brian, but then she took off. That would give him an alibi as well as get him off the hook for her credit card use. But surely R would be arrested by now if that was the case, so that can't be it. Moo.

I've always thought that the Laundries knew and were covering for him and that's why they were so cold to Gabby's family.
Yes.
Cold, very cold... on Sept. 10, 2021, Roberta Laundrie blocked Nichole Schmidt's number on her phone and her profile on Facebook, according to the Petitos.
BBM

For their own sake, I think Gabby's parents need to try to move on with their lives. This lawsuit is all speculation, and it's just going to rub salt in the wounds of both families.

I don't buy Brian's account of what happened, but I kind of think he was trying somehow to ease the pain he knew his parents would be feeling if they thought he killed Gabby strictly out of anger. He was suicidal so he wasn't thinking clearly, and he came up with a tall tale he felt would ease some of their pain.

Both sets of parents are victims in this.

I found highs/lows for Grand Teton National Forest in August 2021 and a separate chart with water temps and how quickly hypothermia would be an issue.

9ed637a970.png

This is amazing you found this…

Now with this information about Raberta's letter to Brian. Petito's lawyer Riley said there is no date on the letter, but it appears that the letter was written within the time that Petito was murdered and Brian Laundrie committed suicide.

I want to go back to Brian's suicide letter...
"I’m sorry to everyone this will affect, Gabby was the love of my life, but I know [adored] by many. I’m so very sorry to her family because I love them. I’d consider her younger siblings my best of friends… I am sorry to my family, this is a shock to them as well a terrible grief.”

I am not ready to let Laundrie's parent off the hook. Litigation is not over.
This going to go to trial. moo

I think the shock was that he killed himself.

I don’t for a second believe they didn’t know he killed her.

Remember that camping trip with family and a lawyer in the mix. IMO that was the big POW WOW. No one will ever convince me that they didn’t know. He might have told them this absurd account that we are discussing here now, but they knew. They knew.

MOO

Upsetting me more and more….again, as has been said here all evening, this description of Gabby sounds real, I’ll bet she did in fact “continually make sounds of pain, gasping in pain, begging for an end to her pain.” But all at Brian’s hands.
Maybe BL thought other campers might have heard these sounds, so he thought he needed to explain them away. It feels like his entire story was an attempt to explain away any and all evidence that might be found.

That's why I also think the letter is a half-truth. There's reason behind every word he wrote.

How about we consider the letter was not written in the time frame the P’s lawyer is saying… IMO. The letter is not dated. The letter was found in the van but actually in the L’s house having been taken from the van. The lawyer then says Brian received this letter most probably before returning home in the van. That’s a lot of confused info IMO. How did he get the letter then? On the road during a 3 day time frame driving across the States the letter was written, sent and received? It doesn’t make sense. I wonder if perhaps the letter was written sometime around the MOAB incident and when he returned home to empty the storage. Perhaps his mum thought Gabby had been the one in the wrong because after all the police did blame her back then and maybe she was just giving him an offer of how to escape an unhealthy relationship and a way out of this trip, start a new life away from G. Depending on how it was worded or how you read into it with everything we all know now, put this in the wrong time frame, apply it to murder and it could seem incriminating and applicable to the situation. All IMO and pure speculation on my behalf, of course.

Link to JB interview with Pat Reilly

YOu know not having followed this carefully and now this letter I am left with lots of questions but think the "truth" is somewhere in between and we will never know. I do think there could have been an accident or possibly on purpose assault with no real intention of doing harm. They both seemed to have mental issues and he was not on regular meds. His decision making was obviously bad so the next steps he took in panic resulted in a purposeful death. He is the one responsible and cannot be held accountable now. I think going after the parents is a natural thing to go but legally probably will go nowhere. They are in their own hell and had nothing to do with her actual death. Gabby's family probably should try to move on. This letter was released by their attys as it is favorable to their case and frankly I find some of it plausible. They are not likeable people but in the end don't think a case will hold up as this confession can and will come in if it goes to trial.

not that it makes any difference but i still think there are "elements' of the letter that ring with some semblance of the truth...I don't think it was intentional. I think they fed off each others issues and I don't think he wanted to to go away forever but at some point with his poor mental judgement just strangled her to stop the pain for both of them. If he were alive he should have been tried and convicted of murder with no attempt to get help....but he is not here to stand trial and while the parents too made really BAD judgments the way the law works wonder if they can really be held accountable. I hope so but doubt it.

This letter from RL to Bl sure is strange. Patrick Reilly states that it was written after GP died and before BL killed himself but doesn't say why he believes that. Instead he makes it clear that there's no date on it.

I wonder if RL is referring to the domestic violence problems in Utah and the possibility of BL going to jail for DV. Hard to say at this point. When the letter is released we can see if Reilly's belief is probable or if other scenario's fit. JMO.

This letter from RL to Bl sure is strange. Patrick Reilly states that it was written after GP died and before BL killed himself but doesn't say why he believes that. Instead he makes it clear that there's no date on it.

I wonder if RL is referring to the domestic violence problems in Utah and the possibility of BL going to jail for DV. Hard to say at this point. When the letter is released we can see if Reilly's belief is probable or if other scenario's fit. JMO.
The saw in the cake tho'

They have insisted the date of death was Aug. 27, without showing evidence. They even said they hoped BL wrote the date in the journal (which he didn't). If they don't have evidence to prove the 27th, maybe they are using this letter from RL as a means to prove it had to be the 27th because he couldn't have received it before getting home had it been sent any late than then. Idk.

This letter RL wrote is quite confusing. First off, why was it said that it was in the van, but found in the house? This letter doesn’t sound like it was mailed as it had something like burn after reading on the envelope…and just where could it have been mailed to?

Maybe RL left the letter in BL’s room one day either after he returned home after the MOAB incident, or after he returned after killing Gabby. Why would she not have told BL what was on her mind instead of putting it down on paper? The only thing my mind could come up with was maybe specific information that he would need to retain (like an act # possibly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford