Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Despite the argument that Laundrie's attorney presented, former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer told News Nation Now's correspondent Brian Entin that "anything from a discarded item or a deleted text could lead to an inquiry/charges against the Laundries."

"Petito and Schmidt believe Gabby Petito was killed on or around Aug. 27, 2021, the last day anyone had communication from the 22-year-old woman."

This happened within hours of the incident in the restaurant where Brian behaved angrily with wait staff, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Laundries had reasons to be concerned about their son's behavior and mental state, and I would bet there was a long history of trouble with him. Perhaps the altercation at Moab didn't surprise them, but worried them a great deal. Cassie, his sister, started to say something during one of the interviews and stopped herself and it was subsequently edited out. I believe that the question was about whether she thought he flew or drove home, and she said something like, "I assumed he flew because that's what he did when he was... I shouldn't say that." I wish she had finished the sentence. When he was... what?

Here is my guess on what the sister would have said had she not stopped. "I assumed he flew because that's what he did when he...[returned home after their last big fight.]"

I believe instead of retuning home to move their belongings out of storage, which is what the cover story was, he actually flew home because of a big fight he and Gabby had, and he realized it was time to split up before things got out of control. So he left Gabby and the van and flew back home.

What happened next, in my conjecture, was that Gabby convinced him to return because she thought she couldn't drive the van. So she was "stranded". So he flew back out after a week, and instead of driving directly home and ending the trip, they decided to soldier on. Bad decision.

MOO

Last edited:
Here is my guess on what the sister would have said had she not stopped. "I assumed he flew because that's what he did when he...[returned home after their last big fight.]"

I believe instead of retuning home to move their belongings out of storage, which is what the cover story was, he actually flew home because of a big fight he and Gabby had, and he realized it was time to split up before things got out of control. So he left Gabby and the van and flew back home.

What happened next, in my conjecture, was that Gabby convinced him to return because she thought she couldn't drive the van. So she was "stranded". So he flew back out after a week, and instead of driving directly home and ending the trip, they decided to soldier on. Bad decision.

MOO
I found the exact quote (BBM): "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is -actually, I don't want to say that."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-‘gabby’-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-25-aug-2021-46.591311/page-32

is - WHAT?

"Petito and Schmidt believe Gabby Petito was killed on or around Aug. 27, 2021, the last day anyone had communication from the 22-year-old woman."

<modsnip>

There is another version of events at the restaurant.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What I knew, or what Chris and Roberta knew, we did not have to disclose, to any third party, and specifically to law enforcement, or the Petito family,' Bertolino told NewsNation Wednesday night."

1. What someone doesn't say is just as important as what they did say.

2. Given the amount of effort Bertilino put into crafting his words for this important statement, it’s not what he said as how his statement looked to the public. The public is his audience....

https://www.scienceofpeople.com/confess/

There is another version of events at the restaurant.

I remember this article. It also says:
"One employee, in particular, remembers an “explosive argument” from that night. The press identifies her as Nina Celie Angelo. Nina previously offered this statement: “It’s crazy because it wasn’t just like we passed them on the street – it was a full-blown incident.”

Well, yeah. But I think it was more than that. The few examples of his writings we saw in the beginning were bizarre. Someone posted them the last time I asked about them but I don't know how to find it again.

He was talking about society and how materialistic people are and wrote something like, "you would never see a turtle wearing designer clothes," as if it were something profound.

It was just odd. I can't pretend to know what went on in Brian's mind, but there was something off about him. He seemed to talk in clichés.

"Until death do we part."

And then there's mom's, "I'll bake a cake and put a saw in it."
@MsBetsy this is an excellent post!

I have always thought BL murdered GP in the van some time after lunch on August 27th. I believe he hung around for two days. It seems to be his MO; he walks away when he doesn't like the situation or if GP isn't behaving as he wanted. I always wondered why he just didn't drive to Coulter Bay? Why hike? I always thought because an injured/deceased GP was left in the van. He tried to escape the situation, but really had nowhere to run. Maybe it was his parents that told him to come home?? Don't know. Her body was put where she was found because both of them probably had camped there at that spot in the days prior. He would take her somewhere familiar. His note doesn't really line up very well with the evidence I have heard. I think he writes about his own pain. I imagine his feet hurt from hiking in the Tetons for two days, and his wrist hurt from carrying her body across the Creek. I don't understand why she had her hiking shoes near her body, which makes his story even more fantasy. It keeps leading me back to her being beaten in the van on August 27th.
I actually never thought about this until now, and the family who caught him on video maybe he was checking to see if she was still there…I always thought he did it camping but makes sense after they argued at lunch he did it then…did anybody prove that the girl from Tiktok was legit??

"Despite the argument that Laundrie's attorney presented, former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer told News Nation Now's correspondent Brian Entin that "anything from a discarded item or a deleted text could lead to an inquiry/charges against the Laundries."

Yeah, well, Jennifer C has had alot to say. She's been on the "charge-the-parents" bandwagon pretty much from the beginning. I'm not sure how credible she is although she's certainly been busy commenting (and making money from that I'm sure.)

According to Jennifer C:

Parents could be charged with obstruction depending on what FBI knows (Nov 2021)

Why is the Gabby Petito case still open?

After BL left the L's home he continued to secretly communicate with his parents through SB (Oct 6)

Brian secretly communicating with parents through lawyer, says ex-FBI agent

She found the family's 3-day "disappearance" suspicious. (The camping at Ft DeSoto.) She thought knowing more about that trip would be important to knowing where BL was hiding. (Sept 23)

Gabby Petito case: NewsNation answers your questions

Cassie lied about not knowing how toxic G&B's relationship was since she had lived with them. JC gave Cassie an F for truth telling. (Oct 6)

Gabby Petito: Watch a Former FBI Agent Answer Major Questions About Case Near Laundrie Family Home

She thought BL was alive in mid-Oct because SB said he was still representing him and "you would not represent a dead person."

Brian may have had assistance with suicide:

Retired FBI agent suggests Brian Laundrie had help in 'suicide'

Yeah, well, Jennifer C has had alot to say. She's been on the "charge-the-parents" bandwagon pretty much from the beginning. I'm not sure how credible she is although she's certainly been busy commenting (and making money from that I'm sure.)

According to Jennifer C:

Parents could be charged with obstruction depending on what FBI knows (Nov 2021)

After BL left the L's home he continued to secretly communicate with his parents through SB (Oct 6)

She found the family's 3-day "disappearance" suspicious. (The camping at Ft DeSoto.) She thought knowing more about that trip would be important to knowing where BL was hiding. (Sept 23)

Cassie lied about not knowing how toxic G&B's relationship was since she had lived with them. JC gave Cassie an F for truth telling. (Oct 6)

Gabby Petito: Watch a Former FBI Agent Answer Major Questions About Case Near Laundrie Family Home

She thought BL was alive in mid-Oct because SB said he was still representing him and "you would not represent a dead person."

Maybe when Cassie lived with GP and BL, their relationship was still pretty darn good so she witnessed nothing "off kilter."

Jennifer C thinks BL communicated with his parents until 10/6? They reported him missing on 9/17 and he was found on 10/20. That is, some bones were found, not a body that had died a week earlier. SB was probably still representing him on technicalities UNTIL a body was found, or he was found alive.

And again, if LE / FBI / etc., thought the Laundries were at fault here in any way, why didn't they press charges?

I remember this article. It also says:
"One employee, in particular, remembers an “explosive argument” from that night. The press identifies her as Nina Celie Angelo. Nina previously offered this statement: “It’s crazy because it wasn’t just like we passed them on the street – it was a full-blown incident.”
It could be that one employee witnessed them arguing inside, and the confrontation with the manager occurred later, outside. That whole story is very strange. Why did they leave without paying?

According to Jennifer C:

I'm not following. I'm not sure what your point is.

I found the exact quote (BBM): "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is -actually, I don't want to say that."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-‘gabby’-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-25-aug-2021-46.591311/page-32

is - WHAT?
...after pushing it too far and is in need of whatever it is that his parents provided?

Yet he did it the long way the last time.
Was that on the advice of a third party?
Which one?
At what point did he realise that going home could no longer provide whatever it was he desired 'when he is'?

Maybe when Cassie lived with GP and BL, their relationship was still pretty darn good so she witnessed nothing "off kilter."

Jennifer C thinks BL communicated with his parents until 10/6? They reported him missing on 9/17 and he was found on 10/20. That is, some bones were found, not a body that had died a week earlier. SB was probably still representing him on technicalities UNTIL a body was found, or he was found alive.

And again, if LE / FBI / etc., thought the Laundries were at fault here in any way, why didn't they press charges?
BBM

That, to me, is the thousand dollar question. However...

On the Today Show, Susan Powell's mom, Judy Cox, told Ann Curry, “I feel that now seeing some of the evidence that was given right in the beginning, it surprises me that they didn’t arrest him.”

I'm not following. I'm not sure what your point is.
My point was simply we might not want to take Jennifer C's pronouncements as truth. I gave several examples of why not. I was responding to your post that discussed Jennifer C's ideas about the culpability of the parents. Many ex-FBI agents have weighed in on the case but several of her ideas were obviously quite wrong.

I agree. It's worth noting too that G&B spent a few weeks at NS's house right before the trip and according to NS everything seemed fine. She denied seeing anything alarming. And Tara P apparently had been in an abusive relationship and she volunteered that nothing stood out for her with G&B either. So I'm not sure Jennifer C was right to say Cassie was "lying" unless we want to apply that label to other family members. And I know I don't.

My post was simply in response to a post about Jennifer C's views that the L's could be criminally charged. They could be, I guess (personally I doubt it), but it seems to me JC has not been accurate about other things.

JMO

If there is a trial, what I find interesting, is getting to know how the FBI have pieced together Gabby's as well as Brian's “digital footprints."

Documenting their movements and communications in the days before and after her death as well as his death.

Well, at least hoping to get them.

I recall there was a camera aimed at the back of their home that LE installed with a neighbor's permission. I don't know the legalities of that - can they place surveillance on a home if the owners of the home aren't being accused of criminal behavior without their permission, if BL wasn't even charged yet? But aside from that, I wonder if such cameras can have high power microphones attached to pick up conversations as well.
Police do that kind of surveillance all the time in person when they suspect a person (usually a murder suspect) has committed a crime, so why not use the neighbor's surveillance cameras? We just added one that focuses on our driveway and street corner because we've been broken into. The phone app has a microphone like the Ring brand type- that you can converse with the person at your door.

"What I knew, or what Chris and Roberta knew, we did not have to disclose, to any third party, and specifically to law enforcement, or the Petito family,' Bertolino told NewsNation Wednesday night."

1. What someone doesn't say is just as important as what they did say.

2. Given the amount of effort Bertilino put into crafting his words for this important statement, it’s not what he said as how his statement looked to the public. The public is his audience....

https://www.scienceofpeople.com/confess/

Whatever happened to the 'accessory after the fact' thing? Does it apply or not if it is a thing that they had all the information almost from the outset?

What about the costs incurred in the prolonged search for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak