Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I don't suppose le can legally check, but it would be interesting to see if ma and pa made substantial cash withdrawals in the last couple of weeks. He could last a year with a stash of cash, no tracing.

jash, thor124, JaneEyre and 9 others like this.

2. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Hope Ma & Pa have earplugs!!

SuziQ, Kapua, agilbe and 2 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

4. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

Agreed. The whole thing is coming off as botched and full of incompetence. It doesn’t help I get Ramsey case botch job vibes from local LE and the FBI was just in the main stream press for completely failing US Gymnastics and that investigation. My faith in LE to not screw this up isn’t exactly charting high….still I hold out hope and would love to be proven wrong by them.

5. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I agree. How many adventurous , self-sufficient guys are eager to get married at age 22 (even tho he may have changed his mind). Well, I guess he's trying it out...or already given up.

thor124, ninvestigate, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  6. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Interesting. For some reason I thought, as if by magic, that once a dead body was in a place even a short time, that something would linger & show up in whatever kind of tests they use. I'm assuming LE has a way to get B's google searches. In case he googled what to do with a, uh, dead body.

kacoll likes this.
  7. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Sure puts a more realistic slant on that body cam day. I was not taken in by him. She was so clearly the victim.

8. JayWill

JayWill Former Member

Yes, and quite probably the source of his insecurity.

9. 000

000 Well-Known Member

It's a profile location just like any other app- the same way you can put any location on your Facebook and it isn't necessarily correct. AllTrails will autopopulate a location when you first sign up, and the location frequently isn't correct.

10. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

MOO
    You may be right that he might not have the survival skills needed, but I think he believes he does. He's a fan of crime novels so he probably believes he can outwit the LE. He thinks he is one with Gaia and above the rest of humanity who has been killing mother earth. He's a barefoot hiker and a lover of the wild open spaces. He is one with all living things and a friend to the trees. I think he believes that he can lose himself in the wilderness and no one will ever find him.

11. Theswt1

Theswt1 Active Member

Since there is no logic to what BL had done thus far, watch him show-up in Long Island.

12. Sanz

Sanz Well-Known Member

I like the way you laid that out @MassGuy I agree with your theory.

Seattle1, borndem, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  13. Derph

Derph Well-Known Member

Can anyone else remember a week with so much dramatic crime/murder news? My God, between this, Murdaugh, Morphew and Durst my head's about to implode!!! I don't know what this says about the state of crime and punishment in this country or what it says about me for following all of it, but there's some seriously dark stuff going on all over the place.

dcfi224, MerBeach, LeeAnnB and 28 others like this.
  14. InsertCleverUsername

InsertCleverUsername Well-Known Member

Yes, I’m referring to their statement tonight because that’s what the comment I’m replying to was about.

SuziQ and agilbe like this.
  15. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

BL is on a roll. Fooled 5 or 6 Moab cops. Fooled the NPPD. Fooled the FBI.
    ...and boldly goes forth into the world to hopefully continue his winning streak.

thor124, LeeAnnB, Traymar and 21 others like this.
  16. Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

It's pretty good. I've used it in many of my hikes. I add it to my trails and even if there is no mobile service, it keeps track of my position. Haven't gone on a hike after 2018 though because I had a baby.

17. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Yes, it's been relentless. And it seems to be growing stronger, if that's even possible. There is no place he can go without someone recognizing him, which is why I believe he's in the woods nearby that he is familiar with or where he has been before.

Something tells me it won't take long to find him. If this didn't already have the full attention of local LE and the FBI, it does now. He may not realize it but I see his escape from right under their noses as a gift in the search for Gabby. It will be all hands on deck now.

18. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

that's not what happened at all. Real investigation limited to what is known and proven and not what i have been seeing here a lot.. These investigators have to take a somewhat impartial stance and look at fact, further they haven't even released much to the public it seems.

19. terrypla

terrypla Active Member

He has distinguishing tattoos though on his hands. If some weirdo is walking around with gloves on and resembles BL, it's probably BL. MOO

20. Kristyp1024

Kristyp1024 Active Member

sassyblue, SuziQ, distracted and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.