Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory at this point:

On their way to Yellowstone, they fought. He ditched her by the side of the road (stupid thing to do, but people do stupid things when they're angry) and something happened to her. Either he went back later to look for her, couldn't find her, freaked out, and ran home to lawyer up -or- when he did try to contact her later, he assumed she was ignoring him. Either way, now that she's missing, he knows he did something stupid and it looks BAD.

Or they fought, he killed her (accidentally or intentionally), and he's going to claim the above is what happened.

Login • Instagram
Gabby’s Instagram

https://nomadicstatik.com/
A blog Gabby and her boyfriend have that follow their “journey” (assuming you have to have an account/be a member to access it)
Here’s Tik Tok as well
TikTok

Her Depop selling account: Just Gabby's Shop - Depop
U1.jpg

Just Gabby
@thingsgabbydoes
61 Sold
Active Over A Week Ago
Custom, Vintage, Gently worn, & Brand New! .。.:*☆ insta@ gabspetito [All PRICES FIRM/sales final & no returns]
Login • Instagram

(Her listings appear to range from 1 year ago, to as recently as 4 months ago)

Her Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/gabspetito
b04e404fa2a1d6745dd88816640e1694.jpg

My theory at this point:

On their way to Yellowstone, they fought. He ditched her by the side of the road (stupid thing to do, but people do stupid things when they're angry) and something happened to her. Either he went back later to look for her, couldn't find her, freaked out, and ran home to lawyer up -or- when he did try to contact her later, he assumed she was ignoring him. Either way, now that she's missing, he knows he did something stupid and it looks BAD.

Or they fought, he killed her (accidentally or intentionally), and he's going to claim the above is what happened.
I think your second theory is overwhelmingly likely. This won’t end well.

For anyone.

I watched the video and saw nothing negative that others are seeing.
I saw a very artsy video made....and two young people in love and having a super fun adventure (something id love to do myself.)
I saw zero controlling aspect of him. She seemed way more dominate in the relationship than him. Way more outgoing and spunky. (none of that a negative trait).

As far as everything else, it looks bad for the boyfriend and I have little hope for her :( ....Ive followed enough cases that I can only look in one direction with what is known. Sitting back and watching for more info to come out.
If people are referring to the 8 minute video in the Daily Mail article, I don't perceive anything negative between the two either. Ofcourse, when one posts such a video publicly, one normally chooses to film good times and the idyllic parts.

It does look bad for the bf though....driving on his own across the country without informing her family if the two parted ways, knowing that Gabby was in regular contact with them...or if there was an accident, or getting lost, not to call family or 911. This wasn't a brand new relationship, and they were engaged.

Also sitting back waiting for more info.

If the Youtube video I watched tells a story, those two were inseparable. They didn't even swing on a swing set without reaching out to hold each others hand. I doubt one would walk off on a hike without the other, so IMO, I doubt she got lost while hiking etc.
Its a curated, edited video posted in Mid August, of course everything looks rosey...nobody wants to follow a downer of an experience.

Truthfully, I think this could easily be a crime someone gets away with.

I doubt anything happened in the van so there’s no reason to stop driving it. Imagine just driving off and leaving a person out in the wilderness? Or pushing someone off a cliff? One could even approach a person in an aggressive manner and cause someone to stumble backwards and never even touch them yet they’re too injured to find help.

If Gabby was in a place no one knew she traveled/planned to travel to, what are the chances she’s ever found between WY and FL with more than 2 weeks between sightings?

Oh yeah, it's been absolutely horrendous this summer, I'm not denying that at all. It sucks how intermittent bad air quality is a year round thing now between the wildfires and inversion.

But, I don't think that last week of August was when it was at its worst/wouldn't been bad enough to prevent outdoor recreation or staying at a campsite in one of the canyons for just one night barring one of them had asthma or something like that. Taking the mom's comment into account that she felt she "didn't know where relationship was going" after she spoke to her the day they left SLC, I think it's definitely a possibility they got the room because they needed space from each other.

I agree the reason for the room might have been because they needed space.

If they did rent a room, on the surface that doesn't alarm me. Even thru-hikers do this at times to shower and reset. Like others have mentioned, it could have been more than that especially if there was tension.

I wonder how each parent felt about these two setting off to adventure like this. They are young adults, but that doesn't mean either parent didn't have an opinion on it. Wonder if that is the cause of him getting an attorney. I will always say it's a wise move to get legal advice, but it does give an impression to many, especially to the loved ones of the missing person.

It's never a good position to be in if you're the last known person to see someone before they go missing. IMO

Right, but he would not know that she was missing if they broke up. He would just assume that she wasn't contacting him because they were done. Her family didn't even know she was missing for several days.

If they were done, would he really just leave her alone in Teton without a vehicle? It would take a very angry man to leave a woman he cared about alone and without resources. If he knew he’d left her behind WITH resources, he should have made sure her family knew she was safe before he left. He didn’t. And that worries me greatly.

According to her instagram, she is an artist, a vegetarian and a yoga enthusiast.
BF is also an artist of some sort.
I read that then as likely not working right now. Fun, at that age, but it might have put a strain on finances for them. That worries me because if she just left him for personal reasons she likely would have reached out to her parents for financial help to get home.

I watched the YouTube video on their channel and the TikTok videos as well. They have an interesting dynamic. They seem more like really good friends or roommates rather than lovers but perhaps I'm just over analyzing it. I found that granola scene and the pacing with hands behind his back a little awkward to be honest. It's also entirely possible he just doesn't like being on camera. I get that. It said she was 22, I'm going to place him at 29-31. He doesn't look that much older than her but being bald is not helping his situation. I also noted Brian looks noticeably skinnier and also younger in that Reef Point, Utah scene as opposed to other photos posted earlier. I'm going to say money, food and space became a serious problem which lead to whatever happened here. Also that comment from Gabby's mother about not knowing where the relationship was heading and Gabby's father moving down to Vero Beach to be closer to her I find telling. This relationship wasn't as rose tinted as it appears me thinks.

add:

July 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks

July 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs

July 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park

July 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park

July 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks

July 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park

July 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in a tub at Mystic Hot Springs

July 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

August 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park

August 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab, Utah

August 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah

August 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park

Van-lifer, 22, disappears after cross-country trip to Yellowstone with her fiancé | Daily Mail Online
So they basicly were camped outside Moab for 2 weeks minimum and up to 3 weeks (everything Jul 30-Aug. 13 is near Moab with a 8 day "pad" between Moab and SLC; aug. 21 st Dad orders dinner for them). Was dinner out of necessity?
Lots of "free spirits" in Moab (IMHO). Maybe somebody even "free-er" was met. And they traveled together to Tetons where she ditched Brian and is on an even more "disconnected" adventure with x? Merely speculating alternatives.

Last edited:
We’ve talked about her phone, but where are her other belongings? Clothes, shoes, toiletries, purse, ID? In such a small space I doubt she had much and it would be pretty easy for her to “take it with her” OR to dispose of.

If they were done, would he really just leave her alone in Teton without a vehicle? It would take a very angry man to leave a woman he cared about alone and without resources. If he knew he’d left her behind WITH resources, he should have made sure her family knew she was safe before he left. He didn’t. And that worries me greatly.

This, exactly!

I think your second theory is overwhelmingly likely. This won’t end well.

For anyone.

Definitely feasible, and if so, maybe someone else is responsible for her demise (hopefully she is not and she will be found). When I was in my 20's, my then husband and I got in an argument in our car in a really rough section of town and he pushed me out of the car and drove home and left me there. I had to walk home while being harassed by men late at night and in a really bad area and I was so scared I wouldn't make it back. This was mid 90's and before either of us had cell phones. By the time I got home, he was already asleep. He is now my ex, and thankfully I never had kids with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong