Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming in late here.. but has there been nothing from the fiancé? I would think he’d be very worried about her. I did see where he’d lawyered up, but he could still be involved with trying to locate her. Even if they decided to break the engagement, seems he should still be concerned. Unless......

I am surprised the fiancé didn't come out first with a story to her parents and LE about her getting lost or wandering off. Even if completely fictitious....wrong place, time, day etc. It is so odd and obvious to just come home alone and say nothing. Maybe he is close to confessing to something.

Hmmm... a confession. Interesting thought!

I see nothing in MSM or her SM that even remotely indicates that. They were both on board for this. Her one youtube shows him all happy. and supportive and excited in each scene.

I never.said.he.wasn't happy
I.never.said he was.faking or wanted to.steal.her van!
I said he loved her and would.anything she wanted!
I said this was.Maybe more her.journey than his!
Never said the wasn't happy

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a source saying he’s not cooperating or just her parents? If he is talking with police with limitations set by his lawyer, would her parents be informed of that? If it’s an ongoing investigation, wouldn’t details be kept quiet while they tried to find her, including their interaction with the suspect?

North Port, Florida is a town over from me so this is quite an interesting case to follow. I hope they find her safe.

Hummm I'd been interested on how their relationship "really" was. I've seen countless people creating a false impression on how their life is and how great their relationships are through SM but in real life it's not roses and sunshine. I'm speculating that her parents are divorced and wonder why her Dad felt the need to move to Florida to be closer to her. Did he need to keep an eye on her? Was her worried about her relationship? Why move all that way to be close to her if she's traveling all over the US? How much older was he than her? Did they meet on the internet? Lots of questions.

He's a year older than she is. They went to the same HS in NY.

They're both artists and free spirits, and loved traveling.

They've been living with his parents in Fl for the past couple of years.

As for how their relationship was in real life, who knows.

Jaye Foster, an Alabaman who is traveling the U.S. in his own customized Volkswagen bus, met Gabby and Laundrie near Moab, Utah, on Aug. 10. The three of them chatted for about 40 minutes, discussing the modifications they had made to their vans.

“They were holding hands, they were ecstatic about their rebuild,” Foster told The Daily Beast from a rest stop in California. “That’s what I find so weird about the whole situation, is that they were both really cool. There didn’t seem to be anything wrong whatsoever.”

“They were happy to show off their van, happy to show off their travel map, she was so proud of the sink she had put in,” said Foster. “She was such a cool person. He was too. That’s what’s freaking me out. They seemed totally fine.

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

Now that her story is taking off and her picture really starts to circulate anyone that recognizes her, passed them on a trail, in a parking lot, etc. will hopefully report that info to LE. I wouldn’t care if it was the beginning of their journey, I would want it all for my timeline & how they/he/her appeared.

It can also be a challenge when someone goes missing while traveling & LE determines which departments need to be involved and who is home base. IMO

That's why I'm in such despair over this one. There can be no search unless we have a valid "last sighting" and some coordinates to begin the search (a trajectory of motion). No one can start a search. when the "last known place" is somewhere. in between SLC and Grand Tetons.

I would like to know what he told his parents. Basically we know he’s not paying for the lawyer, so I would say the parents are behind that. How much time would it take him to get home? Add on a day and that’s how long he’s been home….just my guess.

It's 65 hours of driving, give or take. 6 days for most people, but who knows how long he could drive? Some people could do it in 4 days or even 3 (if accustomed to sleep deprivation or manic or hypomanic).

There's just too much time in between her last photo (in SLC), her last communication (supposedly from GTNP) and now. He doesn't notify anyone that he's taken off and left his partner behind...somewhere, as far as we know (or her family knows).

Also,he waited a pretty long time before returning home.He was probably hoping she'd come back and when she didn't decided that either something bad happened to her or she left with someone else.He didn't call her mom because he figured if she decided to go be with someone else it wasn't his place to call her mother and tell her.And if something bad happened he would find out when he returned home.He probably waited for her to come back for quite awhile before deciding that she probably wasn't comming back.

If that happened, and he didn’t feel it was his place to tell her parents, he would have at least told his own parents. Or someone .. before he left. He’d have called a mutual friend, or have checked with a Park Ranger before leaving. Unless he’s a total D-bag. And if he is that, then anything else is possible. And that doesn’t make me warm and fuzzy about a happy ending here.

I have to admit I'm not surprised BL got a lawyer. Obviously he knew he would be questioned upon his return with out Gabby. Many of us have said that we would NOT speak to LE without one. But he has one now and yet he still won't speak to them. That I have to say is worrisome. If anything did happen while they were on the road, there is sooooo much area to cover. Way beyond a needle in a haystack. JMO

I don't have a problem with BL hiring an attorney. I have a problem that he didn't hire an attorney in UT or WY or wherever the heck it was that he last saw GP!

GP was not a random hitchhiker he collected along the road and had no obligation to. She was his longtime schoolmate turned lover and alleged fiance that left the safety of her mother and stepdad's home to follow him to Florida two years ago!

If GP vanished after a drug-induced fall-out, you ask for help. Leaving your mate behind is never an option. To be clear, BL drove 2,500 miles home to Florida and never looked back!

GP trusted BL with her life. Her parents and siblings trusted him to look after her. We've met her family -- they would have gladly come to her aid if only given the chance. BL may not be a POI but he's certainly every parent's worse nightmare. MOO

My issue with this young man’s behavior is that there is not one thing that is normal about it. Sure, any given person might respond oddly or badly to some misfortune but there are things that are just way outside the lines.

If the person you intend to marry disappears, vanishes, storms off, or whatever other scenario one could dream up, you might panic. You might be angry enough to say “bleep her”. You might hesitate to sound the alarm for fear it would make you look bad.

You would not just say - welp she’s gone forever, I guess that didn’t work out. You would not pack up your shared vehicle and drive thousands of miles without saying a word about the love of your life dropping off the face of the earth. I simply cannot fathom a scenario where that would be a normal response.

Barbara Thomas’ husband was, quite frankly, super weird following her disappearance. But the first thing he did was the most normal thing. He DID report her missing.

Just my opinion, obviously.

If that happened, and he didn’t feel it was his place to tell her parents, he would have at least told his own parents. Or someone .. before he left. He’d have called a mutual friend, or have checked with a Park Ranger before leaving. Unless he’s a total D-bag. And if he is that, then anything else is possible. And that doesn’t make me warm and fuzzy about a happy ending here.

Well, he could be guilty of being a D-bag but that doesn't necccesarily mean that he was involved in her disappearance.

She was very free spirited.If he believed she left him and took off with some other guy ,I can see him returning without her.It happens.He waited as long as he could then gave up and figured she liked some other dude better.

With no other reported facts released, this is just as possible as any other scenario.

If Gabby is not found, and that could very well be likely if she was harmed, and IF her bf was responsible, there may potentially never be proof he harmed her unless he confessed.
Conversely, if Gabby took off with others for whatever reason, and was harmed by someone else, unknown by name nor vehicle description, there may never be solid proof that her bf had nothing to do with her disappearance.

They just posted that one YT video. What is odd is that most of the video was from their previous car trip to the west coast. It’s only the last few minutes that are recent, in the tent and the scene with the granola.

The 8-minute YouTube video was posted on Aug. 19.

ETA from timeline:

August 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab, Utah

August 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
I’m working on her media thread
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

A member is posting there rather than here
——
@Cloudydiamond this is the discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads