WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[
59a04525-8749-4156-a91e-0e929592c3ee-large16x9_Gabby1-4.jpeg

Gabby Petito was reported missing on Sept. 11. (Source: Suffolk County Police Department)
FBI Denver confirmed Sunday that remains found in Wyoming fit the description of missing YouTuber Gabby Petito. The body was found in Teton Park.
FBI: Remains found in Wyoming fit the description of Gabby Petito | KRON4

The live update has concluded and we will share a recording soon. Our statement is attached & we have no additional comment at this time. #FBIDenver & our partners extend our condolences to Gabby's family. We thank the public for your generous support of this investigation.

E_rpKW2X0AAJkSl.jpg

https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439719396784623622

SEP 19, 2021
Body 'consistent with description' of Gabby Petito found in Bridger-Teton National Forest - ABC News (go.com)
A body "consistent with the description of" Gabby Petito, the 22-year-old woman who went missing while on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend, was discovered in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming.

The FBI Denver, the National Park Service and law enforcement made the announcement during a news conference Sunday evening in Grand Teton National Park. Charles Jones, the FBI’s supervisory senior resident agent, said that a full forensic identification hasn’t yet been completed, but investigators did notify Petito’s parents.

A cause of death was also undetermined. Jones declined to comment further on the investigation.

[...]

SEP 19, 2021
Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney told ABC News on Sunday that the family picked up the car, Brian Laundrie was using, on Thursday morning from the reserve after going out on Wednesday to look for their son.

Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car.

The family then called police on Friday to file a missing person report, authorities said on Saturday.

'It felt like a real slap in the face' - Gabby Petito's best friend says boyfriend Brian Laundrie is hiding, not missing
"It was a real like slap in the face for him to be in hiding now," says Rose Davis. "Gabby's missing and Brian's hiding and it's totally two different things with that."

Davis, of Sarasota, Florida, says she's known the couple for about two years and often hung out with them at Laundrie's home in North Port, Florida. Petito's family reported her missing on Sept. 11.

[...]

"I thought I knew him better," says Davis.

Davis says she feels betrayed by a man she considered a friend.

"I was surprised to hear he lawyered up immediately and I was surprised to hear he was back without her," she says. "Thinking of my friend leaving my best friend somewhere or hurting my best friend, even thinking of my friend not doing everything to find her, find Gabby, it's almost, as I said, surreal."

Davis says Laundrie had a sweet, nice composure but she also saw his controlling and jealous side. She says there were times when Petito and Laundrie argued and Petito would stay at Davis' house to get away from Laundrie.

[...]

An agent investigating the death of Gabby Petito is urging Brian Laundrie to speak with authorities and not hurt himself amid a search for answers, pleading this come to a ‘safe end,’ Your Content can exclusively report.

“Brian, if you’re reading this, please call us. We are not out to hurt you or drag you through a hard process. Please bring answers home—it’s what Gabby deserves.” an agent who was drafted in to probe the disappearance of aspiring YouTuber Gabby Petito told Your Content under the condition of anonymity. “I’ve met more people in your shoes than you can count in two hands.

“When I faced a man who killed his family in Colorado—Christopher Watts—he knew taking what he did to the grave would’ve only made matters worse indefinitely and in whatever comes in the afterlife.
Source in Gabby Petito case urges Brian NOT to harm self: ‘Please bring closure’

About the mustang

Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney told ABC News on Sunday that the family picked up the car, Brian Laundrie was using, on Thursday morning from the reserve after going out on Wednesday to look for their son.

Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car.

The family then called police on Friday to file a missing person report
Tweets from reporter at the home:

Reporter Brian Entin was stationed at the home and they caught the Mustang missing and present at different times. It was missing on Tuesday and there on Wednesday.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

1/4-A lot of people are asking about the Mustang in Brian Laundrie’s driveway. Police took something out of it Friday. We got into town Tuesday - and the Mustang was not there. This is video from 7pm Tuesday when the Dad was leaving. No mustang.

vm9XknyJdjIkMW9X

0:52
89.6K views
11:14 AM · Sep 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
12h

Replying to
@BrianEntin
2/4 This video is from later Tuesday night. No Mustang. We left for the night shortly after this.

BPJ_v6nkwAqknnGY

0:23
20.7K views
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
12h

3/4 And this is video from Wednesday. The Mustang is now in the driveway.

UzmIXikkNaiFJf-S

0:01
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

12h
4/4 Police have not talked specifically about the Mustang. I asked them this morning to confirm whether or not it is Brian’s car. I know police took items from the car because I saw them do it Friday night.

Link to start of thread which has videos: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721?s=20

“I thank God they have finalization because not knowing is the worst thing. I know how she feels. I know how they feel, I'm very close with the family," Johnson said, "She was the sweetest, kindest person ever."

The quiet hamlet of Blue Point sits on the Great South Bay. After learning there is no hope left for a happy homecoming, the community is now embracing the family in their sorrow.

"I certainly join with everybody locally, regionally and around the country in expressing my sincere condolences. Pray God give the family some solace in this extreme tragedy and loss," said Randy Schultz.

Johnson lost her son ten years ago. When she tried to raise awareness about substance abuse, she held a contest for a logo for her nonprofit. Gabby's drawing won. Her talent and love live on.

"She is incredible, unbelievable," Johnson said.
Gabby Petito's Long Island hometown mourns discovery of body in Wyoming

‘Those Guys Are Full of S**t”: North Port Police Hit Back At Criticism Cops Mishandled Gabby Petito Investigation; Boyfriend Brian Laundrie Remains Missing

“[Police] should’ve immediately placed [Laundrie] under surveillance,” Ed Gavin, an expert in missing person cases and former acting chief of the New York City Administration for Children’s Services, told the New York Post. “Immediately.”

“They should’ve been all over him … The fact that they let him out of their sight, that’s a no-no. Time is of the essence with these investigations.”

……..

North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor defended his department from the critics.

“These guys are full of s–t,” Taylor told the New York Post. “We have a missing person case and we don’t have anyone to talk to and we don’t have any evidence of a crime on a case that’s outside our jurisdiction.”

Boyfriend of Gabby Petito still missing as police call off reserve search
SEP. 20, 2021
North Port's Information Officer Josh Taylor stated in an email sent to the media at 7:54 a.m. Monday that the North Port Police Department "currently has no plans to conduct a major search of the Carlton Reserve today."

Brian Entin on Twitter
North Port, FL police say they have no plans to "conduct a major search" at Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie today. That's where they focused the search over the weekend. The department also says all media interviews are on hold until further notice.
8:09 AM · Sep 20, 2021

Brian Entin on Twitter
Police say they are still searching for Brian Laundrie. They just currently believe they have exhausted all avenues in searching the reserve.
8:41 AM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
SEP 20, 2021
Woman tells GMA she picked up Brian Laundrie as hitchhiker in Wyoming, days after last call by Gabby Petito - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.
She picked him up on August 29, four days after the last time Gabby Petito is known to have called her family.

Laundrie told Miranda Baker he had been camping alone while Gabby Petito worked on their social media page in their van.

He eventually got out of Baker's car when she said she was heading to Jackson Hole.

"He got out, and you know, he was thankful and he was kind of in a hurry. He said he was going to go across the street into the parking lot and find someone else to give him a ride, but, when we looked back 10 or 15 seconds after he got out of the vehicle he was just gone," she said.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member