WY WY - Sweetwater, "Bitter Creek Betty", Wht/HispFem 24-32, 213UFWY, rose tatt/jewelry/clothes, Mar'92

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Marie, Feb 2, 2006.

1. kpdx

kpdx RIP Precious Lisa Roberts

is there a longer rule out list on BitterCreek Betty? The one in NAMUS is very short, and I read a news article that quoted at least 27 rule outs.

2. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

its crazy to me that an offender would kill two women around the same time and be sloppy enough to leave DNA, and then stop. Could he be dead or in prison?

Viking7, windrower and Al Ka like this.
  3. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

In 1992, there wasn't as much awareness of DNA. I bet as they continue to test old rape kits that were never processed, they'll find more matches to this guy, whoever he is. But you have a good point.

Viking7, windrower and Al Ka like this.
  4. cvaldez1975

that is true.

i would think he had earlier victims. usually a serial offender starts off w just raping and may get caught, then decides after being caught to kill victims so he is not identified. and usually there is a longer period of time in between offenses. these two were what, a month apart? they should start checking for earlier than 1992.

Viking7 and windrower like this.
  5. AddysMom7610

AddysMom7610 Well-Known Member

Bumping for this lovely unnamed woman. This case seems so solvable. It's almost unbelievable that she hasn't been ID'ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jake479

Jake479 Well-Known Member

Bumping

7. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

I think she may have lost everything. Perhaps her child died or was taken away, and her husband passed. I imagine if she was on the run from her husband, she may have tossed or pawned the ring instead of keeping it. It would make sense keeping it as a memory. She may have suffered a mental breakdown and began a life on the run in an attempt to leave her demons behind.

Perhaps the rose tattoo was meant to be a symbol of their love.

It would account for lack of missing person report, although of course there are many things that could.

8. JayFletcher6493

JayFletcher6493 Member

9. cvaldez1975

Looks similar. And if she took off riding w truckers (which it didn't say) she could have gotten the tattoo between the disappearance and dod.

10. creepedout

creepedout Well-Known Member

That image looks really close, but there's a potential timeline conflict. I found this:

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/j...cle_5c344f71-66d7-5270-ae0a-ef2a350dd56d.html

Betty received the rose tattoo a month before Andrea went missing. Of course, with so little information on Andrea's case, it's possible she could have returned home (or whatever Humboldt County was to her, was it even home?) and then took off again. The lack of much information on Andrea is a roadblock.

11. spiritwomyn

spiritwomyn New Member

12. hewinkedatme!

hewinkedatme! Member

13. hewinkedatme!

hewinkedatme! Member

Namus page with more info:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32602/0/

Her circumstances don't fit with the tattoo shop lead in Arizona. Height is also off, but I've seen it be off by more in certain Id'ed cases, and I do see a resemblance.

14. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, to be more specific - Bitter Creek Betty's tattoo was inked less than a year before her death (as confirmed by the tattoo artist who created it).

Michelle's tattoo was created before her 1986 disappearance (or more than 5 years prior to BCB's death). So she could not be BCB.

15. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Is there an updated rule out list out there somewhere? The NamUs list is pretty scant.

16. Alleykins

Yikes. It's been over 5 months since anyone posted on this thread. I decided to check in since the other Sweetwater JD was recently identified. I went and read through this JD's NamUs again. It reads that she had a recognizable face yet I don't see any composites or artists' reconstructions, which would be most helpful. I wonder why they haven't done it, or if they have, haven't put it in the public's eye. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8894 - Never mind, I think I found some of her with an image search. Wonder why there's nothing in NamUs.

17. rats

rats Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.

NamUs case files that don't have any pics confused. It's one thing if it was skeletal fragments, or if there was no way to do a recon and there were no items found with them, but some of them have no excuse.

18. creepedout

creepedout Well-Known Member

19. CCart

CCart Verified registered nurse

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but a vertical cesarean scar would make me strongly consider that it was performed in Mexico. I previously worked in OB, and even to this day, most women who have had a previous cesarean in Mexico have a vertical scar.

20. Alleykins

I agree with you, Rats. There's no excuse not to have a some sort of depiction whenever possible. I've stumbled across a few in NamUs where there is no picture but it lists a recognizable face, and I'm like, where's the picture or reconstruction? Then there are skeletal remains with several artists' rendering of what s/he may have looked like. Leaves me scratching my head.