You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

Scouring the WS site relentlessly, reading all depositions, watching all the youtube interviews, googling every player's name and reviewing all witness testimony over and over, trying to find that ONE clue that's gonna break the case wide open!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Everyday you all prove you are the most clever group out there! Seriously!! :floorlaugh:

OMG this was my favourite. I'm gonna start using this on my teen!

10. You ask your children if they have heeded your previous admonitions

:floorlaugh:

Just a quicky -- my son tried to pull a fast one and purchased a game on-line. Well I'm pinged everytime he has activity on his x-box account (parental control is an awesome thing).

He looked quite shocked when confronted with it. I said "hello - have you even been watching your mother for the last 3 years? Don't you know that I can find any criminal or sex offender in the area in about 3 seconds".

He looked at me like "uh huh, mom - I know".

So I replied "don't be thinking you can get away with messing with your x-box with a detective for a mother".

His face was as white as a sheet! I don't think he'll be doing that again!

:great:

Mel

Does anyone else do this?

I watch on-line for the majority of the day!
Then when the trial is over I'll turn on HLN, JVM, NG, Dr. Drew, then back to CNN before I go to bed.
Gotta catch Levi Page to see what he's thinking!
Head on over to Lillian Glass to see her opinion on the body language
Then check out the Hinky Meter to see if Magpie has updated her daily report!
Wouldn't be Sunday at 5:00 without Tricia

I got it bad folks ;)

Mel

Then when the trial is over I'll turn on HLN, JVM, NG, Dr. Drew, then back to CNN before I go to bed.

I got it bad folks ;)

Mel
Honored you include me! LOL ;)

You answer the phone when your dad calls and instead of saying "hello" say, "the defense rests"! I think my dad thought he called the wrong place, lol. Then I had to give him the two minute synopsis of what every ICA trial addict will be doing throughout the holiday weekend including verdict watch. AND include the DT wasted so much time these poor jurors lost both their Memorial day holiday and will be missing their 4th of July holiday as well. Makes me wish we could give those jurors two revolving holidays of their choice.

I got it bad folks ;)

Mel

YES! It's like obsessive/compulsive disorder with me now. I can't drink my morning coffee unless I log on to WS, say hello, go to TheHinky and read up, get to work early, load up WESH, get WS up and running, thank all the posts so I can post that day, only take breaks and/or work when court is in recess, eat lunch 1 hour earlier than normal because Florida is Eastern time and I am Central (one hour behind), drive home, jerk dogs around neighborhood for afternoon walk because I have to hurry home to see JVM, NG, DrDrew, check computer for tweets from Richard Hornsby, Magpie, etc. then watch NG all over again in the bed as I fall asleep, just to wake up again and do it all over again. (My daughter says "let's go to bed early so tomorrow will get here sooner and we can watch the trial - she's got it as bad as I do)

As you can see....I am going to have a huge gap to fill very soon. :floorlaugh:

.....Your husband, who knows you have been glued to this for 3 years and hasn't mentioned much about it in all that time, asks you TODAY -- 'What happened with the Trial today'? I about fell out of my chair - but I did give him a detailed accounting. LMAO

Just getting in from work. Has the suicide letter been posted anywhere yet? TIA.

On the advice of my attorney, I refuse to answer because I might incriminate myself.

Those on the outside not following the trial just do not understand. They might try and lock me up :)

...you go on holiday to europe and stay in a legal cafe squat in holland, that has one computer on dial up and when everyone is checking thier emails in the precious time its working, you check on ICA, and then play the video of CA lying on the stand out loud whilst proclaiming OMG! WTF!!?! whilst the dutch people say huh? what are you on about?!

...you live in england, get in from work at 6.30 pm, watch the afternoon session live and then watch the morning videos until 1am, then read WS until 4am, whilst getting told to sleep by an unfortunate OH who is has become single because of the case!

...You rush your physiotherapy sessions (resulting in even more pain! :sick:) just so you can rush home & get back to the trial!

When you are handing down sentences to everyone who flips you the bird.

When you are quoting alot of the catchphrases to your friends.

I have a confession.....I have been sitting...for far too long....6 weeks!

6 weeks x 2 pounds a week - I have gained 12 POUNDS.

I'm sorry my friends :( Not good, not good at all. My clothes are too tight, and I dare not put on my bathing suit even if DS wants to go to the pool.

WAHHHHHH!!!!

Mel

When you have watched so much trial coverage . . . you go to the grocery store . . . and think you see some of the lawyers and witnesses there.

I have a confession.....I have been sitting...for far too long....6 weeks!

6 weeks x 2 pounds a week - I have gained 12 POUNDS.

I'm sorry my friends :( Not good, not good at all. My clothes are too tight, and I dare not put on my bathing suit even if DS wants to go to the pool.

WAHHHHHH!!!!

Mel

I think I have muscle atrophy and I know my exercise tolerance is extremely low. I'm going to need physical rehab next week. I've been sitting for 3 years, my eyes hurt, my back hurts, but baby I own an I pad!

You realize if you ever see the actual "Thinker" statue, you will burst out laughing as you think of Casey in her "Thinker" pose.

If you've ever in Orlando, you make darn sure you behave the entire time there.

You use abbreviations in real life, calling Casey "ICA" and Cindy "CA" out loud.

You're glad it's almost over, but wonder what in Hades you're going to do with yourself after Sunday or Monday (depending on how long it takes the jury to deliberate).

You realize your work productivity is about to go way up since there won't be a case to obsess over anymore, LOL.

When your spouse asks you..."What, do you think you are part of the Prosecution team?"

And you tell him...."Watch it or I'll hold you in criminal contempt."

I finally got Medicare after a two year waiting period. Been suffering since July 2009. I made an appointment a month ago for the date my insurance kicks in.... July 1 (today) and had to cancel the appointment due to my addiction..... AND to top it all off.... there was no court this morning and my appointment was originally for 10:00am... So i could have gone. Now I will wait until I am sure the trial is over before making another appointment.

I took a drive to Suburban this evening - so forlorn- it was dark and overgrown. No one else was there. Parked on Hopespring and walked a bit. An OPD car is parked out front and a sheriff car down the street, but they're probably folks who work for the police. Tha A's house is dark with a black pickup truck in the driveway. As I was leaving a different sheriff's car came down the street. As I turned on Suburban to leave several cars were pulling up at the site of the remains.

...you'd rather stay home on Sunday to watch closing statements than partake in a family 4th of July get together with a brother home from the army (4th tour) that you haven't seen in 5 yrs. Think Mom will mind if I bring my laptop? lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back