You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

I knew I was addicted when:
I cancelled over 200 E-Bay listings (VHS tapes),
Instead of packing and shipping already "sold" items, I returned all buyers' money for the last 10 days of sales ...explaining "a personal emergency".
My postal carrier knocked on my door , to "check " and see if I was "OK".
Muted the ringer on my home phone.
Paid a local mowing service to cut and edge my front lawn ( the backyard is a jungle!)

I went on a week trip to Vegas and spent every day in the hotel room watching the trial...

When you're at your desk, watching the trial on your computer and nature calls, launching a 7-step process:

1.) Leave one of your current set of earbuds in.
2.) Attach second set of earbuds to iPhone.
3.) Replace the removed earbud from computer with the recently-attached earbud from the iPhone.
5.) Launch iPhone-friendly web page with live video feed of the trial.
6.) Toddle off to bathroom.
7.) Take care of business with iPhone in your hand while you stare at the screen.

Returning to your desk means reversing these steps.

Edited to add:
You also know you're addicted to the case when you leave out #4 on a numbered list, presumably while you channel JB.

I'm not addicted, but my set up might help ones that are.

You know you're addicted ...

....when it's noon and you realize you haven't eaten breakfast or brushed your teeth.

...your husband has cooked all his own meals for six weeks.

...yes, your house looks like a dump.

...your husband walks through the living room with his hands over his ears saying "I don't wanna know!"

...your friends in your 12-step program tell you you have a new addiction.

... you rewash a load of clothes because you forgot to take it out and it got mildewed -- twice!

...you DVR the trial on TruTV and HLN, plus all the commentary programs following so you don't miss a second.

...you fall in love with Vinnie Politano.

...you realize how much you really HATE Nancy Grace.

Edited to Add:
...you just spent an hour on the phone on the Websleuths "test show," your husband asks who the hell you're talking to at this hour, and you say, 'You don't wanna know!" LOL

...your Nutrisystem food is just sitting there because 90 seconds in the Nuke is too long to be away from the TV.

You know you're addicted ...

....when it's noon and you realize you haven't eaten breakfast or brushed your teeth.

...your husband has cooked all his own meals for six weeks.

...yes, your house looks like a dump.

...your husband walks through the living room with his hands over his ears saying "I don't wanna know!"

...your friends in your 12-step program tell you you have a new addiction.

... you rewash a load of clothes because you forgot to take it out and it got mildewed -- twice!

...you DVR the trial on TruTV and HLN, plus all the commentary programs following so you don't miss a second.

...you fall in love with Vinnie Politano.

...you realize how much you really HATE Nancy Grace.

I love it!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

When closing statements start at 9AM and you have to set the alarm for 5AM the night before, because there hasn't been hardly any food in the house for a few days, and you MUST race to get groceries and get home to WS and the trial before court starts!

Other than refrigerated foods, the rest can stay in bags on the floor until court is over for the day/night!:great:

You know you're addicted to the case when you're sipping coffee with your DH at Starbucks, on the Saturday recess before closing arguments, and you say "It's been awhile since we've been out."

We're almost there, fellow sleuths. That light at the end of the tunnel is the train outside courtroom 23, and it's headed straight toward Ms. Casey! :great:

You know you're addicted to the case when at the fireworks display, all the people who've seen your DH over the past 40 days without you say "How's the trial going? Is it almost over?" (Thank you so much, honey, for exposing my obsession to all of our friends!) And of course you tell them about the trial, in excruciating depth, while they get that glazed over look in their eyes.

Sometime back I posted that hubby and I were driving through our town and I saw a black car (like the one LA had at the time) and I said "OMG that looks like Lee."!!!!!! My hubby replied 'who the hell is Lee? LOL....like LA would even be in Tennessee,lol. I need help.:great:

You know you're addicted to the case when you're sipping coffee with your DH at Starbucks, on the Saturday recess before closing arguments, and you say "It's been awhile since we've been out."

We're almost there, fellow sleuths. That light at the end of the tunnel is the train outside courtroom 23, and it's headed straight toward Ms. Casey! :great:

OMG, I thought I was bad! LOL Go see your freakin' brother!

Let's hope there are a lot of "special breaks", think we are going to need them.

1. You have one window open for websleuths
2. Another one open for the live web cam
3. Another one open to the guy driving around in his car (forgot this name)
and when your husband comes in the room you tell him your "working"

OMG, I totally do all these things! Plus I have the TV going in the living room because it's on delay and the computer is not.

I feel like I need to ask for HJBP's permission before I hit the enter key on my keyboard. You may publish!

Showers?!? You guys take showers? I haven't seen my razor in so long, you could braid the hair on my legs. OMG, what is wrong with me? Is this addiction? :eek:

If I didn't have chair my 12-step meetings (WHY oh WHY did I take committments this month!), I'd never shower OR leave the house right now!

(Of course, I could skip the shower and go as a newcomer! :) )

I'm so glad someone already mentioned their daughter doing something like me...

I know I'm addicted when I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve, wanting to go to sleep so I can wake up and the trial will be on shortly, but you're too worked up to sleep.

:eek:hoh:

I'm so glad someone already mentioned their daughter doing something like me...

I know I'm addicted when I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve, wanting to go to sleep so I can wake up and the trial will be on shortly, but you're too worked up to sleep.

:eek:hoh:
That's exactly how it is...I'm so emotionally and physically exhausted, but know I couldn't sleep if I tried. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back