You stand a 99% chance

narlacat said:
<<On the night JonBenet was murdered, the movie 'Nick of Time' aired at 7:30 P.M. on a Boulder cable channel. The story centers on an unarmed political faction that kidnaps a six-year-old girl. The victim is told, "Listen to me very carefully.' Bill Cox, who was staying with Fleet and Priscilla White, told the police he remembered watching the movie that night." [Lawrence Schillers book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town", Page 225>>

Oops! And I'm the one who posted that!! I guess I should read m own posts
:doh:

Camper said:
Cypros, your post clicked a teeny thought for me.

Possibility that the movie found behind the high back entertainment center in the Ramsey home by the moving man coulda been this movie.

I don't know the story of the mover and the movie. Was it someone who moved the Ramseys AFTER JonBenet's death?

LinasK said:
After reading this thread, now I'm thinking that John dictated the contents of the note to Patsy, who wrote it.
I believe John wrote the note.

And I was 100% correct about finding another instance of JR using percent. This is from ST's book, page 175, apparently during the interview in April 1997, but it's not dated.

JR: "So if the lie detector test is correct and it's done correctly, I would pass it one hundred percent."

I'll bite, shiloh. When did he write it, why did he write it, how did he write it?

SuperDave said:
I'll bite, shiloh. When did he write it, why did he write it, how did he write it?
When: After she was dead, silly.
Why: To through off the investigation.
How: With a black felt tip pen.

One thing that has always bugged me about this case is the assumption on the part of those investigating it that John Ramsey was a SMART MAN, so therefore, HE could not possibly have written it, so it must have been written by a STUPID AND DELUDED WOMAN. Excuse me, SuperDave (tearing off your cape), Patsy graduated Magna *advertiser censored* Laude from West Virginia State University, and she was no dummy. She also was not delusional, nor did she believe that killing JBR at midnight on Christmas had to be done as a sacrificial atonement for her sins. I don't know if you believe that, but some people do, and it is obvious to me who is suffering from delusions -- Patsy or those who hold on to such theories.

"When: After she was dead, silly."

Well, I simply meant I wanted to know if it was premeditated.

"How: With a black felt tip pen."

I meant, did he go through a bunch of scenarios or just write on auto-pilot.

Hands OFF the cape!

"I don't know if you believe that"

I don't. Now you know.

Cypros said:
Question: Was "Nick of Time" aired on television on Christmas night or did they watch a video?

If it was a video, then that makes an extra strong argument that the person who wrote the ransom note was the Whites' house that night.

Have to agree that whoever was watching the movie, with Bill Cox, while some others were out with the carolers, ( and PR and PW were allegedly in the kitchen) was at the Whites' house that night. Did both FW and JR and maybe Burke and the Ws' son go out with the carolers?

Guess you're saying if it was a video, the others had all seen it at some prior time and found something special enough about it to make it available that night?

Cypros said:
Oops! And I'm the one who posted that!! I guess I should read m own posts
:doh:
Doesn't matter Cypros, just thought I'd remind you.
Eagle apparently missed it too.
It was not on video, it was on tv.

Cypros said:
I don't know the story of the mover and the movie. Was it someone who moved the Ramseys AFTER JonBenet's death?

Moving company, lifter/mover/helpie grunt guy, found 'a' movie tape, we never knew the title of IT, behind the entertainment center, laid it down and went to find his boss.

Wanted to know what to do with it, then when he went back in the house, it was gone. No one claimed to know where it 'went'.

shiloh said:
I believe John wrote the note.

And I was 100% correct about finding another instance of JR using percent. This is from ST's book, page 175, apparently during the interview in April 1997, but it's not dated.

JR: "So if the lie detector test is correct and it's done correctly, I would pass it one hundred percent."

--->>>Well he 'passed on it' for certain, never allowed the police to do it.

Eagle1 said:
Have to agree that whoever was watching it, with Bill Cox, while some others were out with the carolers, and PR and PW were allegedly in the kitchen. Did both FW and JR and maybe Burke and the Ws' son go out with the carolers?

Guess you're saying if it was a video, the others had all seen it at some prior time and found something special enough about it to make it available that night?

--->>>Eagle1 has a bingo, she read Cypros post carefully.

I concur with your observation.

SuperDave said:
"When: After she was dead, silly."

Well, I simply meant I wanted to know if it was premeditated.

"How: With a black felt tip pen."

I meant, did he go through a bunch of scenarios or just write on auto-pilot.
"Well, I simply meant I wanted to know if it was premeditated." -- If any family member was solely responsible, then absolutely not, and I feel that it could have only been a cover up for an extremely unfortunate accident. I do not currently believe in an "intruder," but I believe that there may have been one or more outsider-invitees, (who did NOT come in through the basement window)* and if that is the case, it would all depend on what their motives were. She could have been tied up and sexually assaulted for the purposes of photographing her (with the knowledge of at least one family member) but did not have the intention of killing her, and therefore without premeditation in regard to the killing.

If outsider-invitees were there with the intention of making a snuff film, then it was obviously a premeditated murder, but without any Ramsey being aware of their actual intentions were.

If the attacks on the investigating officers are related to this case (the blood on the door, the mutilated cat, and the machine gun fire), then I believe that that would point to organized crime. If that is the case, then sheer, unmitigated terror would explain the Ramseys' reluctance to discuss this case with the police and the DA, and why he wanted the FBI involved. And if this was the case, then there were no "outsider-invitees," but outsiders who had forced their way into John Ramsey's life, and he was acting under duress, and for the sake of his remaining family members and loved ones, would even be unable to turn state's evidence. I will leave any further surmisings to your own imagination and knowledge and life experience.

"I meant, did he go through a bunch of scenarios or just write on auto-pilot." -- There are 8 pages missing from the notepad (pages 17 - 24) between the pages that have "miscellaneous writing" on them and the "practice note," so yes, I feel it is probable that there were several previous versions of the ransom note, and the missing pages could have been taken out of the home by an outsider-invitee.

*The basement window sill was covered with undisturbed dust, there was an unbroken spiderweb between the grate and the window, and the grate was surrounded by snow, and as we all know, there were no footprints in the snow. Granted, the snow did not go up to all doors, but it did go up to the grate, Lou.

Eagle1 said:

No. If it was a video, then it would be an incredible coincidence if somebody else in another home in Boulder happened to watch THAT film THAT night and gain inspiration to kidnap a little girl and hold her for ransom (or kill her and use language from the film in a fake ransom note). That would support the theory of an insider. However, the fact that it was on cable TV means that anyone could have seen that film that night and got some ideas for kidnapping that little beauty queen who had been shown off around town, thus helping the Ramsey's intruder theory.

Camper said:
Moving company, lifter/mover/helpie grunt guy, found 'a' movie tape, we never knew the title of IT....QUOTE]

That actually could have been the missing Christmas Morning video, and the movers may have given it back to the R's. Were the movers, the guy's boss, ever asked what finally happened to it? Was he maybe bought off?

Right, we never knew the title of it. (I'm not a RDI, just being as objective as and unbiased as possible.)

Cypros said:
No. If it was a video, then it would be an incredible coincidence if somebody else in another home in Boulder happened to watch THAT film THAT night and gain inspiration to kidnap a little girl and hold her for ransom (or kill her and use language from the film in a fake ransom note). That would support the theory of an insider. However, the fact that it was on cable TV means that anyone could have seen that film that night and got some ideas for kidnapping that little beauty queen who had been shown off around town, thus helping the Ramsey's intruder theory.

Cypros, as remote as it seems to me that anyone other than an R did the murder, it is remote but possible that a store bought copy of that video had been seen previously by someone at the White party.

Howsomever, being shown on cable typically means that it has been available to purchase in stores. Guessing that coulda been the case. Thats why I posted about the moving man. IF HE were observant enough to have seen the title of the video he found behind the entertainment center.

IF IF IF he was, and IF IF IF it was a video 'owned' by the R family, WHY would it have been tossed over the top of the entertainment the very night it MIGHT have been watched at the Whites. The big question would be, when was it
was tossed over the you know what.

BUT BUT BUT could it have been the 'missing' Christmas morning video that was NOT supposedly taken? So was there a white stick on slip on the video, 'Christmas 1996'?

WE meaning our family never put a sticker on our home recordings until AFTER we tape them. Hmmm. Question again is, what was on the missing tape, and what if if any ID was on the outside of the case?

Just toss this moving man into the unknown pile of perhaps useless information.

Will we ever know, nopey not unless we have a confession, ya think?

AFTERTHOUGHT: IF IF it was a store bought copy of the movie, and had been watched by 'an' R previously. Wanting to rewatch it on cable at the Whites, without anyone present there knowing the R person had already seen it, now that is a possibility. Wonder who made the TV watching choices for party night at the Whites?

Paradox said:
Again, this is wrong Rupert. The clock that went from 1:18 to 1:19 was the hotel lobby clock. By that time Watson and the Governor were talking. The lobby clock was shown at the same time the Christopher Walken character was shown losing his patience in the lobby while the other two were developing a raport. The alarm clock then was shown to click from 1:19 to 1:120.

You are wrong.

This is an example of separating fact from fiction in this case.
Well, talking of movies that were playing around that time, another movie that was aired around that time on the 29th of November was Dirty Harry on Boulder station TBS.
The advice about being rested apparently came from that movie.

As if a kidnapping pedophile murderer would care at all if the man he was targeting was well rested. It's the silly little things like that that would never be in a real ransom note that tip off rational thinking people that this was all a farce.

Fine for Hollywood, bring on the drama, but people who actually resort to kidnapping and molesting and murdering little children for revenge against men they hate (for what reason?) would never write that crap in a ransom note. And they would have taken the dead child with them to get the ransom they're demanding.

I simply cannot understand how anyone could actually believe that work of fiction that defies all reason and logic is an authentic ransom note.

So now we have a possible source for "be well rested", the Dirty Harry movie which had aired in the last half of November. Let's keep that in mind.

Question is, What exactly would have prompted WHOEVERr chose "Nick of Time" that night?

Was it maybe the newest one available, and the only one that Cox and whoever was going to watch with him hadn't already seen, or would it have more likely been because of the subject matter and involvement of a child about the age of JonBenet and Daphne?

I for one typically label recordings before I make them, they can get mixed in with other recordings so easily, which doesn't mean the R's operated my way at all. There's no telling about them. Do most of us label first? Just curious. A poll wouldn't tell us about the R's per se.

Eagle
Noone was 'prompted' to choose that movie, it was on cable that night in Boulder.
Maybe you mean choose from the line up that was on cable..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back