Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 19, 2017 graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself I am sure this town/area is full of lovely, hard working, honest people. What is horrifying is the degree of depravity of this group. Too much time on their hands, running around with weapons, drug fueled and some scoping out young women to prey upon. It is prevalent. Sadly far too many innocents become victims of the likes of these monsters. There is always another case in another town.......

mod note: Folks please get back on the topic of the trial and the events/witnesses/evidence in the courtroom today.
focus.gif
:tyou:

With 3 witnesses left and assuming the state doesn't have rebuttal witnesses, I imagine the jury might actually get the case by end of tomorrow (Wed). Depends how long closing is for each side. Some judges will limit the time, others not as much. The jury could have a verdict this week.

I did not hear every second of testimony today - but does anyone think the defense raised reasonable doubt with any of their witnesses? I didn't hear anything that I thought helped ZA's case. But I also was totally unimpressed with Dicus, so . . .

:wave: Good morning everyone. Unfortunately my alarm didn't go off like it was supposed to so I've missed alot--have lots of catching up to do by the looks of it! Just want to once again thank those who posted tweets/pics/video's of todays trial...very very much appreciated.

I think we have seen some of the good of this county in this trial beyond those who searched. Witnesses were just going about being good and honorable people who would never have a day in court if it weren't for these monsters who took Holly.

I do believe that the underbelly we see is definitely emblematic of the drug problem that exists in many places where people are economically depressed and unable to get out. A couple of the witnesses who had been drug users spoke of getting out in order to break the cycle. The currently incarcerated witnesses appear to be cycling in and out of jail.

I truly felt for Shane Austin's mother--- her son was a drug addict, she and her husband feared him, they couldn't let go, her SIL took care of him, he gets back on drugs ultimately killing himself, and now she can't unread his words in the plea agreement that was rescinded. To hear in open court how he masturbated. To hear about how he stared at young women and that Zach said he was the monster who took Holly. I can't imagine the pain and self-recrimination that takes ahold. And, they can't ever ask him if it was all true. I tried to think if I would have been as defensive as her. I tell myself that I would absolutely hold my child accountable. But, I don't know for sure that I could. There but for the grace of g-d go I.

And, I am curious about so many things. Why Karen Bobo knew to tell Clint to go and shoot the man taking her daughter away? Is that a part of the underbelly of this county and hideousness of this drug problem? Is protecting your daughter in that way part of the way of life for this area of this community? How could this heinous kidnapping garner so much LE attention so fast? How could Zach Adams have had the power to deflect LE looking into him?

And, most importantly, how has this community rallied and changed after this crime? Is it better? Worse? More divided?

Holly Bobo's murder is not the only crime here. Many people are being failed by the systems that are in place in this county.

Emi and all who contributed today :yourock: :daisy:

I did not hear every second of testimony today - but does anyone think the defense raised reasonable doubt with any of their witnesses? I didn't hear anything that I thought helped ZA's case. But I also was totally unimpressed with Dicus, so . . .

I was able to watch and listen in (alternately). I have a couple of thoughts on the reasonable doubt. The judge gave the same latitude for leading and theorizing that he did with the pros. The jury is from this area. Today was a day that really drilled on Britt as Holly's abductor and killer, which played off Britt's testimony from the other day. With Dicus, she got him to discuss Britt's timeline issue, some receipt issues, and tools. She even got Dicus to mention hair found that was blond. (Upon cross, it was not a dna match but the horse had left the barn as it was testified to that it was entwined with a rope.) And, I think the defense scored big if a juror is someone who hates SOs and connects the dots of the bungling druggies as just hapless living their drug induced life. And, even bigger if a juror found the smarminess and coolness of Autry to be offensive and self-aggrandizing.The pros. did a nice job of comparing information and datedness of Dicus' testimony. I would think that if you were a juror who felt that Autry was fairly honest about what happened you would still be on the "Zach did it" train. Best line of the pros in Dicus testimony was "Would it surprise you if I told you that Karen Bobo testified that Zach told her that Shane abducted Holly?" after Dicus was insistent that these "idiots didn't do it", he had his man(Britt), and all profiles said a single person did it.

How damaging? I think it depends on whether jurors ever felt that they had a relative that was overrun by LE or they trust LE. I also think that if you live in the area and felt the Bobo's were hiding something, you probably have reasonable doubt. If you think that the pros. and the investigation from 2014 on was well handled versus the sh!* storm of 2011-2014, you believe the story woven and have no reasonable doubt.

I can see him getting off on rape-- not much evidence presented. I can see him convicted of kidnapping---confession to the jail house inmates credible (especially the African American young man who had NO experiences with Zach). I can see him convicted on a lesser charge in the murder b/c it may be a toss up if he killed her or Autry killed her. JMHO.

Who said the entire town is this way? Or the county? When the term "sketch characters" are used, that refers to a very specific group of individuals in this trial who are a part of the drug culture, and have been described by the prosecution more than once as "bad people doing bad things."

I haven't seen anyone disparage the county or the entire state. I would think people are smart enough to understand a set of witnesses in a trial is not indicative of an entire population -- millions of people. When I refer to "culture shock" I mean the dark underbelly of the drug world, that world inhabited by people who are doing and/or cooking meth and other illegal drugs. That's what is being shown in this case because it's part of a specific environment that involves the people who have been arrested in this case.
I'm don't think I quoted in response to anyone directly in my post. I'm sorry if you took it that way. There were broad generalizations being made by a few individuals and I wanted to clarify for those who may read into it. :)

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Who said the entire town is this way? Or the county? When the term "sketch characters" are used, that refers to a very specific group of individuals in this trial who are a part of the drug culture, and have been described by the prosecution more than once as "bad people doing bad things."

I haven't seen anyone disparage the county or the entire state. I would think people are smart enough to understand a set of witnesses in a trial is not indicative of an entire population -- millions of people. When I refer to "culture shock" I mean the dark underbelly of the drug world, that world inhabited by people who are doing and/or cooking meth and other illegal drugs. That's what is being shown in this case because it's part of a specific environment that involves the people who have been arrested in this case.

it is just natural when you get involved in a case like this and day after day all you hear is people who are drug addicts and no respect for life or themselves at all it can feel "dark" and get to you. You get sort of immersed in it...part of trial watching for me...most trials involve experiences that are not part of my day to day life. Of course there are good people in Parsons and any town for that matter...but sometimes you need a break back into your own life...I had to take one this afternoon...just one after another the past days...I find the defense case boring compared to what I was expecting.

I was able to watch and listen in (alternately). I have a couple of thoughts on the reasonable doubt. The judge gave the same latitude for leading and theorizing that he did with the pros. The jury is from this area. Today was a day that really drilled on Britt as Holly's abductor and killer, which played off Britt's testimony from the other day. With Dicus, she got him to discuss Britt's timeline issue, some receipt issues, and tools. She even got Dicus to mention hair found that was blond. (Upon cross, it was not a dna match but the horse had left the barn as it was testified to that it was entwined with a rope.) And, I think the defense scored big if a juror is someone who hates SOs and connects the dots of the bungling druggies as just hapless living their drug induced life. And, even bigger if a juror found the smarminess and coolness of Autry to be offensive and self-aggrandizing.The pros. did a nice job of comparing information and datedness of Dicus' testimony. I would think that if you were a juror who felt that Autry was fairly honest about what happened you would still be on the "Zach did it" train. Best line of the pros in Dicus testimony was "Would it surprise you if I told you that Karen Bobo testified that Zach told her that Shane abducted Holly?" after Dicus was insistent that these "idiots didn't do it", he had his man(Britt), and all profiles said a single person did it.

How damaging? I think it depends on whether jurors ever felt that they had a relative that was overrun by LE or they trust LE. I also think that if you live in the area and felt the Bobo's were hiding something, you probably have reasonable doubt. If you think that the pros. and the investigation from 2014 on was well handled versus the sh!* storm of 2011-2014, you believe the story woven and have no reasonable doubt.

I can see him getting off on rape-- not much evidence presented. I can see him convicted of kidnapping---confession to the jail house inmates credible (especially the African American young man who had NO experiences with Zach. I can see him convicted on a lesser charge in the murder b/c it may be a toss up if he killed her or Autry killed her. JMHO.

i agree with your last paragraph about what he may get convicted of...kidnapping ...he was involved but probably not the camo guy...lesser in the murder because not much to go on outside of JA...and from what I heard today the sentence could be such that he would be out in less than 20 a very bad thought. I think the verdict is going to be a mixed bag and take at least 1.5 to 2 days.

Does the prosecution get to put on rebuttal evidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i believe they can but judge certainly is not anticipating any...they usually tell him at this point...at least I think they do.

i agree with your last paragraph about what he may get convicted of...kidnapping ...he was involved but probably not the camo guy...lesser in the murder because not much to go on outside of JA...and from what I heard today the sentence could be such that he would be out in less than 20 a very bad thought. I think the verdict is going to be a mixed bag and take at least 1.5 to 2 days.

I think he's going to be found guilty on all the charges. Why kidnap her if he didn't intend to rape her. Why kill her if he didn't rape her. He's going down for everything and so is Jason. JMO

I think he's going to be found guilty on all the charges. Why kidnap her if he didn't intend to rape her. Why kill her if he didn't rape her. He's going down for everything and so is Jason. JMO

oh i think he is guilty of all of that...but often the complicated instructions confuse jurors and less than great verdicts are rendered due to semantics....have to hear the instructions...I do think these jurors are from a close enough area that the predisposition is to want to convict him of everything and I hope they do...just sort of preparing myself as verdicts have not gone how I wanted in so many cases.

Your lips to G-d's, Allah's, Yahw-h's, Buddha's, Rama's, Krishna's, Brahma's, Vishnu's, Maheswara's, Ahura Mazda's, Queztalcoatl's, Biame's, Breged's, Jupiter Optimus Maximus', Zeus', Karta Purakh's and any other g-d's ears we can think of.

Yes, they did. They were most effective in pointing out the difference between what the detective knew in 2013 when he left the case and 2017. But so many things about Britt were compelling and could definitely sow the seeds. One saving grace was an FBI guy who talked about how Britt said from the beginning that they would set him up to fall on Holly's disappearance.

Don't get me wrong. I want Zach in jail. I want Britt in jail. Heck, I want them all in jail because they are dangerous human beings to the health and welfare of their community.

Did it occur to anyone else that with all the evidence spoken about Britt, there might be someone else out there in the woods? IMO

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, none of us know why and that can also be a problem from the jury's perspective. With Britt, it is clear that his past behavior as a predator continues past Holly's life and into his latest conviction. Why did tweekers want to kidnap, rape and kill Holly? We are all scratching our heads to figure out why. And, that is a problem for the pros.

Listening to Billy's testimony...boy he is the kind of guy that I bet Dick wished his grandsons could have been..nice guy and again state made him their own witness....did nothing for the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam