Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 19, 2017 graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it occur to anyone else that with all the evidence spoken about Britt, there might be someone else out there in the woods? IMO

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a horror movie to me......In The Woods. Starring creepy people who make meth.

Yes, they did. They were most effective in pointing out the difference between what the detective knew in 2013 when he left the case and 2017. But so many things about Britt were compelling and could definitely sow the seeds. One saving grace was an FBI guy who talked about how Britt said from the beginning that they would set him up to fall on Holly's disappearance.

Don't get me wrong. I want Zach in jail. I want Britt in jail. Heck, I want them all in jail because they are dangerous human beings to the health and welfare of their community.

that was cross exam not rebuttal case.

Unfortunately, none of us know why and that can also be a problem from the jury's perspective. With Britt, it is clear that his past behavior as a predator continues past Holly's life and into his latest conviction. Why did tweekers want to kidnap, rape and kill Holly? We are all scratching our heads to figure out why. And, that is a problem for the pros.

Motive never has to be proved in a case. The jury will be instructed on that.

Been here, off in twitterland and trying to tune it, but its been one of those days!

I felt like some of the testimony was hit and miss, but that is probably because my listening was hit and miss too.

Seeing DA on the stand, it actually made me feel very sad. Yes, he enabled ZA, but ZA should be so ashamed of how he abused his grandfathers love.

Motive never has to be proved in a case. The jury will be instructed on that.

True but we know (even from some here) that even with instructions people sometimes want to have their questions answered or will follow their own thinking process. But compare the why of Britt versus the why of ZA---that is what the defense is arguing. It is the defense way of saying "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit." Serial rapists rape-- again and again. Tweekers are just bad human beings.

True but we know (even from some here) that even with instructions people sometimes want to have their questions answered or will follow their own thinking process.

Hopefully the jury will follow the judge's instructions because that's vital. These jurors took an oath to do just that. And the "why" is not something that's required.

I think we have seen some of the good of this county in this trial beyond those who searched. Witnesses were just going about being good and honorable people who would never have a day in court if it weren't for these monsters who took Holly.

I do believe that the underbelly we see is definitely emblematic of the drug problem that exists in many places where people are economically depressed and unable to get out. A couple of the witnesses who had been drug users spoke of getting out in order to break the cycle. The currently incarcerated witnesses appear to be cycling in and out of jail.

I truly felt for Shane Austin's mother--- her son was a drug addict, she and her husband feared him, they couldn't let go, her SIL took care of him, he gets back on drugs ultimately killing himself, and now she can't unread his words in the plea agreement that was rescinded. To hear in open court how he masturbated. To hear about how he stared at young women and that Zach said he was the monster who took Holly. I can't imagine the pain and self-recrimination that takes ahold. And, they can't ever ask him if it was all true. I tried to think if I would have been as defensive as her. I tell myself that I would absolutely hold my child accountable. But, I don't know for sure that I could. There but for the grace of g-d go I.

And, I am curious about so many things. Why Karen Bobo knew to tell Clint to go and shoot the man taking her daughter away? Is that a part of the underbelly of this county and hideousness of this drug problem? Is protecting your daughter in that way part of the way of life for this area of this community? How could this heinous kidnapping garner so much LE attention so fast? How could Zach Adams have had the power to deflect LE looking into him?

And, most importantly, how has this community rallied and changed after this crime? Is it better? Worse? More divided?

Holly Bobo's murder is not the only crime here. Many people are being failed by the systems that are in place in this county.

I just hope that the 'players' in this horrible saga will see how their lives (and others lives) have been destroyed, and get their lives cleaned up. Other drug addicts ? Probably will continue their downward spiral. And, yes, they are responsible. (I have a close relative who is a recovering addict so I'm all too familiar with the terrible results drugs causes!) It is incredible to many of us that these guys are middle aged and are STILL captive to their drug addictions. You would think they're too old for all this. But no. Its a big eye opener.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shoe print lady another dud for the defense...take away for me clints shoe print in his own car port.

last defense witness for today...the driving lady another total waste...boy defense must have something better than this....I imagine judge is hoping to get a verdict by weekend...Sat. at latest so they don't have to stay for the entire weekend again.

last defense witness for today...the driving lady another total waste...boy defense must have something better than this....I imagine judge is hoping to get a verdict by weekend...Sat. at latest so they don't have to stay for the entire weekend again.

It seems that the defense front loads her testimony. I would imagine that we will see a cell tower expert and the driving lady, the shell station, and Britt's phone pings in relation to Holly's phone pings will be on the docket tomorrow.

Unfortunately, none of us know why and that can also be a problem from the jury's perspective. With Britt, it is clear that his past behavior as a predator continues past Holly's life and into his latest conviction. Why did tweekers want to kidnap, rape and kill Holly? We are all scratching our heads to figure out why. And, that is a problem for the pros.
Prosecution isn't required to give a motive. From testimony given I'd say ZA said the motive. "I couldn't have picked a prettier *advertiser censored*"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I truly, truly hope that the jury is not of the same caliber as the witnesses on this case.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I think it must be so hard to be a juror, and not be able to talk about testimony each day after the trial. I can't imagine just going back to a hotel, and chit chatting when my mind would be racing thoughts and questions, etc I had about the trial. Then to remember a particular testimony or line of thinking I did or didn't agree with, and have to wait until after the trial to discuss with anyone... sigh. Bless these jurors.
Been there, done that. Trust me when I say it's excruciating.

Prosecution isn't required to give a motive. From testimony given I'd say ZA said the motive. "I couldn't have picked a prettier *advertiser censored*"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I think the motive is so obvious that the Prosecution is letting it speak for itself. This lowest link in the human chain decided he wanted to kidnap and rape a beautiful, young woman who was way beyond his reach. He knew that he would have to snuff her life out, he couldn't let her live and put he and his partners in jeopardy. He planned from the start to kidnap, gang rape and murder this innocent, young woman. He had absolutely no regard for her pain and suffering and held no value for her life. Like a rabid dog.

Listening to Billy's testimony...boy he is the kind of guy that I bet Dick wished his grandsons could have been..nice guy and again state made him their own witness....did nothing for the defense.

I felt so bad for the guy. He was so clearly nervous as I would be.

I hope people weigh in on Special Education and low IQ and what it means and doesn't mean. If Dylan knows how to cook Meth, than he is smart enough to know right from wrong and if he and his brother just committed kidnapping, rape and murder. #SMDH

Retired teacher here with 32 years classroom experience in regular ed classrooms that served special needs students also. There are currently 13 categories of special education. They can be read about at the below link

http://www.understandingspecialeducation.com/13-categories-of-special-education.html

A student must have a tested IQ of below 70 to qualify as intellectually disabled and, therefore, eligible for placement in special ed for an intellectual disability. Special education covers many other impairments than intellectual.
Dylan could have been a special ed student for some other reason than a tested IQ of below 70. Generally, I have found truly intellectually disabled students to be honest. To lie successfully requires the ability to think abstractly. A person with a below 70 IQ is a concrete thinker. I find these students to be truthful the majority of the time. A student with a tested IQ of between 70 and 75 is classified as a slow learner and does not qualify for an intellectual disability. I don't know what special ed services Dylan received but since he can drive, he is very functional. A low IQ does not mean he can't understand right actions from wrong ones. He must have felt some type of remorse about Holly since ZA wanted JA to ill him because Dylan would not stop talking about it.

I'm glad the state was very decent to the defense witnesses. They got what they needed from the defense witnesses and no one was humiliated on the stand. I was expecting more vitriol and "Juan Martinez-esque."

(For those of you who don't know who Juan Martinez is, he was the prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case in Arizona. A man of small stature and huge brains, whose style could easily be called "bull dog extreme." He's tenacious and aggressive even with his own witnesses, not just the other side's, and his style can be intimidating and in your face.)

Retired teacher here with 32 years classroom experience in regular ed classrooms that served special needs students also. There are currently 13 categories of special education. They can be read about at the below link

http://www.understandingspecialeducation.com/13-categories-of-special-education.html

A student must have a tested IQ of below 70 to qualify as intellectually disabled and, therefore, eligible for placement in special ed for an intellectual disability. Special education covers many other impairments than intellectual.
Dylan could have been a special ed student for some other reason than a tested IQ of below 70. Generally, I have found truly intellectually disabled students to be honest. To lie successfully requires the ability to think abstractly. A person with a below 70 IQ is a concrete thinker. I find these students to be truthful the majority of the time. A student with a tested IQ of between 70 and 75 is classified as a slow learner and does not qualify for an intellectual disability. I don't know what special ed services Dylan received but since he can drive, he is very functional. A low IQ does not mean he can't understand right actions from wrong ones. He must have felt some type of remorse about Holly since ZA wanted JA to ill him because Dylan would not stop talking about it.

if Dylan wants to talk so much sure would like to see him on the stand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member