Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo Sept 20 & 21, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
"One of those rape vans"

(imagining new marketing campaign for makers of vans)

Kenneth M. Cummings‏ @_KCummings_ 30s31 seconds ago

Current Slide Title: "FINAL THOUGHTS" (in all caps).

Conclusion slide now showing. #HollyBobo

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 41s41 seconds ago

Replying to @bchapman_WREG3
"This man's life is on the line," the defense tells jurors as she begins wrapping up her closing arguments. #HollyBobo

nobody can convince me this is brilliance..

[video=twitter;910925450716893184]https://twitter.com/_KCummings_/status/910925450716893184[/video]

[video=twitter;910927138592886786]https://twitter.com/_KCummings_/status/910927138592886786[/video]

I actually think she has been compelling, and has made a TON of incredibly strong points. Maybe it's just me. But I'm reading tweets from those in the courtroom saying the jury is completely engaged with what she's saying. We'll see where it goes.

While her style makes me crazy, she did have compelling arguments. That said, I think the state was stronger.

Leah Beth Bolton‏ @LeahBethFOX13 1m1 minute ago

Defense says people who have "ready-made alibis" are suspicious, referring to Britt and wife having an alibi ready #HollyBobo

lmao ok

"ready made alibi"

driving around with a new bathtub in your rape van?

“I don’t think Jennifer Thompson hit the mark” - nick from nick and nick

Probably the most negative thing they have said about the defense the entire trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the State's closing to be clear and concise. His tone, and especially the pauses, helped me to hear every word he said. His message sunk in because of this.

I am finding it difficult to follow the Defense's closing because the speech is too loud and rapidly moving from one topic to another. Sounds too "reaching" and almost "desperate' to me.

Perhaps it is just me but I find I understand and retain more of the information when it is presented smoothly and not in rapid speech. Pauses are particularly effective when moving from point to point. The pauses and the low tone proved effective for me to remember what the State said in his closing.

I am finding it difficult to follow the Defense's closing.

I wanted to tell you yesterday that I am so happy to see you on this thread but I had such a bad headache I forgot to mention it. I love your logical posts that you always bring to every subject. :)

I indeed agree with you. No one has to scream at the top of their lungs to get their point across and those who do so are off putting to me. I dont like loud voices and much prefer soft tones. Trying to listen to her yesterday is what gave me such a terrible headache so today I have only watched the first portion of the state's closing. When it came the defense's turn I turned down the sound and only followed the tweets here.

My grandmother use to say 'a lie has to be screamed to be heard but the truth can be heard with just a whisper.'

I loved the ADA who did the first closing for the state. I keep repeating his words in my head about ZA saying no body no gun four months before Holly's skull was even found. That was profound and I hope ADA Nichols repeats it in her closing.

There can never be too much circumstantial evidence. There can never be too much evidence, period. Direct evidence and circumstantial evidence are the only 2 kinds and under the law both are to be treated equally (pattern jury instructions). This case has both kinds of evidence.

Respectfully, a case containing a preponderance of circumstantial evidence does not a death penalty case make.

That's how some of these folks found themselves in this situation:
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence

IMO

"One of those rape vans"

(imagining new marketing campaign for makers of vans)

Well where is the evidence that Holly was ever in that van?

Oh never mind, they didn't find anything or they would have arrested him instead of this group.

Respectfully, a case containing a preponderance of circumstantial evidence does not a death penalty case make.

IMO

It won't be by preponderance. If the jury convicts it will be because they believed the state proved the charges BARD (beyond a reasonable doubt). Circumstantial evidence is very powerful, often more powerful than direct evidence, which people tend to doubt because it involves eye witness testimony.

IMO

Preponderance of circumstantial evidence?

That is the threshold for civil trials ...........not criminal trials.

Many DP cases based on CE have been upheld by the courts for many many years.

Unmuted long enough to hear "margin" "median"

Wait for it...................

"Oh yes, SHOULDER.!!!" LOL!!

Can't make this stuff up!!!

Sadly, I missed the prosecution's closing arguments and will have to watch on youtube. Not her fault but DA's voice literally gives me a headache, so I muted it until cell phone notice came through that she was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288