Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen Baker said, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post

The words alone speak volumes, it isn't about them or their new found pseudo courage, nor the people of the community, they don't need the B's to open any doors for them.

A memorial people will attend to honor and celebrate Zahra who's indomitable spirit shines through all the thoughtlessness and cruelty she endured, they will be there in spite of the people most responsible for her loss being in attendance. They will honor her with dignity and respect and I believe for her they won't let rancor or anger become part of her memorial.

After this though I think they need to slink away to their hidey hole.....and stay there.

The public Celebration of Life ceremony was canceled Tuesday by the family, and changed to a private memorial service that will be held at a later date. However, the public can still come today and tomorrow to sign a guest book and view a memorial tribute slideshow of Zahra.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/dec/01/public-invited-sign-guest-book-see-memorial-tribut-ar-583083/

Yeah, except they changed their minds and cancelled tonight's service. They won't be there according to a report yesterday.

I'm still betting they will hold the Celebration of Life before the GJ meets on Monday. Privately and most likely either late at night or early in the morning - when they are not likely to be observed slinking out of their hidey hole.

perhaps KB used to play Elvis a lot and that song became one of Z's favorites ... and maybe they goofed around the house singing it and so it has a special memory attached to it ... or something of that nature

I know that some of the songs I chose for my daughter's funeral were not necessarily 'appropriate' in terms of a baby dying but they were special to me for various personal reasons - one in particular seemed to soothe her and I would play it when she was in a lot of pain

I think many of us often misappropriate lyrics and meaning and make them our own without consideration of what the song is really about

Can this get anymore brutal for Zahra? I really can't believe AB or KB cared about her. Of course AB was 18 or 19 ? Mommy's little wild boy! It's just too bad nobody really treated her as anything but Emily's mistake. I think I going to be crying inside @ this horror ,God's creation has had to endure.R I P precious child.:angel:

BBM - actually no, Adam was over 21 when Zahra was born (I'm thinking 22, 23ish) IDK his DOB but IIRC he's 33 or 34 now.

Turn Out for Memorial was sparse.

There were no traffic jams in the parking lot although there were five Hickory police officers on hand to facilitate crowd control and parking.

People made their way into the funeral home in small groups of two or three. They signed the book, watched of the photo slideshow then made their way back to their cars. There were from 10 to 20 people in the chambers during most of the two-hour ceremony.

At 5:30 p.m. 35 people had signed the register book. Some of the people left messages of hope beside their signatures like, “Now you can fly with the angels and God will take care of the rest.”

By 6:30 p.m., there were just 15 cars in the funeral home’s parking lot.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/dec/02/sparse-attendance-zahra-memorial-ar-586220/

There will be a second public viewing of the photos and guest book on Friday from 1 - 4.

I just had myself a good cry watching this,I just don't understand how anyone could harm a child.The way Zahra's body was dismembered and scattered like trash keeps me up at night thinking about it.Rest my darling child,how I wish I could have known you.

thMSN-Emoticon-sad-crying-025-1.gif

Maybe Zahra liked Elvis...nothing improper...

That second song, Walks with Jesus...just tore my heart to shreds...Don't worry 'bout me...JMHO

smiliebighug.gif
Zahra, just wanted to share a hug....JMHO

Justice for Zahra

Apparently, the funeral home has decided to put AB's memorial book away, and instead, make him a copy of the book signed for Emily?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-bake...e-holds-tribute-to-Zahra-Baker-111190149.html

I take it locals didn't smile favorably on AB's book.

I'm not surprised. And I guess some might think it's horrible that he is being treated this way, but when I stop for just 2 seconds and think about what Zahra had to endure...well, Karma and all.

I'm not surprised. And I guess some might think it's horrible that he is being treated this way, but when I stop for just 2 seconds and think about what Zahra had to endure...well, Karma and all.

If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will. :)

Is it just me, or did Zahra have a tattoo on her right arm?! In the pic of her on the tank, I can see what appears to me to be a tattoo circlet on her arm? Is it possible it's something other than a tattoo? Scar or something? Can't possibly be a tattoo, can it? She can't be older that 6 or 7 in this pic!

ETA: Weird, you can also see it in the red dress pic and the the pic where she's walking on those big shoe things, but then there's nothing in other pics.

Hmmm...any word on the turnout at today's memorial? Never could figure out if it was public or private.
Yes, strange choice of songs IMHO

Is it just me, or did Zahra have a tattoo on her right arm?! In the pic of her on the tank, I can see what appears to me to be a tattoo circlet on her arm? Is it possible it's something other than a tattoo? Scar or something? Can't possibly be a tattoo, can it? She can't be older that 6 or 7 in this pic!

ETA: Weird, you can also see it in the red dress pic and the the pic where she's walking on those big shoe things, but then there's nothing in other pics.

could it be a washable tatoo that kids get in those quarter machines?
maybe she was allowed to get them to look more like evil EB.........
Has any on heard anything more about Zahra's burial?
Released to mom? in AU?

It's my thought that Emily should bring her home to Australia and choose her final resting place.

If this is a financial difficulty I know that there are many of us, on both sides of the Pacific, that will make this possible.

I think it is fitting that Zahra be taken home to Australia also, so her family can have a service for her there, and she can be laid to rest in her country of origin. She was only in the U.S.A. for such a short time anyway, and really hardly knew anyone here, and i believe most of her family are in Australia. I think i read where our Prime Minister will help financially to bring Zahra home.

Has Zahra's remains been released yet?
I pray she goes to her mom in AU and so called dad
has no rights to Zahra.

Why has all the media seemed to stop about AB???
I want justice for Zahra.
Is AB just walking around with no problems?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back