SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's a good point about the page. Let me ask to see about that one and I'll let you all know.

Thanks for deleting my post with the FALSE twitter statement. I apologize for posting it. I do think that twitter will be where the news will come from first, her friends and age group will share any news. I pray for all of these girls to be found soon!

No worries bestill. You're new and may not have known the rules. These rules are in place to protect innocent people from backlash, as well as other dangers. Most especially - innocent kids - whose sm is always off limits unless they're a named poi or victim. Most of the time it's to protect but other times its to prevent gossip, bc in all honesty most teens post to the www before they even think of what they're saying...most have the truth stretched quite a bit...

Ok, We do allow discussion about a search where and when its going to be etc. Everything else though is not allowed and considered rumor.

You can put the link up and say check this out something like that but we have no way of verifying what's on FB so for that reason its not allowed.

Ima

Thanks for the clarification, imamaze. I'm almost ready to reinstate my FB account, after a year and a half of not missing it, just to check out these pages :)

Well, that's a good point about the page. Let me ask to see about that one and I'll let you all know.

Hi imamaze, it's the official findheatherelvis FB page. We've always been allowed to post these links, but we always have to make sure we reword what the posts are informing, never allowed to copy & paste. In some threads on other cases, these FB findmissingperson pages turned into rumor mills so they were put in the parking lot or basement, but the ones that are true to form have been allowed to stay. So far, this page is legit & run very well. The admins of the page even ask people not to post rumors or gossip n the wall, that if people hear something that hasn't been confirmed then to private message them or call the police in charge of the case. They're legit in trying to handle the page for the best use in finding Heather. It's pretty refreshing tbh. I think you'd be impressed.

Her parents are devastated. It tears me apart reading her fathers pain. My gosh just sooo sad. :(

I refresh the Facebook page for her constantly. I just want good news. :please:

Ok, We do allow discussion about a search where and when its going to be etc. Everything else though is not allowed and considered rumor.

You can put the link up and say check this out something like that but we have no way of verifying what's on FB so for that reason its not allowed.

Ima

Sorry, I was posting when you were.

Btw, glad to see ya on here. :seeya:

I think they have found more maybe personal items. Dawn seems to keep stating it will bring her to another chapter of this case. Plus Monica's statement it will bring "closure" to one of "their" families. How would Monica know it is the remains of one of the MPs they have been searching for.

RG. It is telling LE contacted Dawn Drexel with the newest discovery of scattered bones. The skeleton remains must have been looked over (moo) and determined to be of a young female/age. Possibly, there was a discovery of something else recognizable to Brittanee (pin or distinguishing mark from an operation the public was never disclosed or a personal item). I'm not sure how Dawn is so strong.. but her strength is amazing (imo) and I want her to know people (like me) think about her daughter and will never forget Brittanee, her athleticism, her sibling bonds or her smile.

This is Heather's thread, I want to keep the focus on HE and like all of you, I want to see the Elvis family reunite. Hopefully, there is new information or a break this week. Everyone is doing a great job (imo) of providing helpful information. Be safe (esp. you locals going to that walmart).

regarding official Findc- Facebook pages...can you mention a comment made by the Page Admin..that isn't an update or related to searches ?

RG. It is telling LE contacted Dawn Drexel with the newest discovery of scattered bones. The skeleton remains must have been looked over (moo) and determined to be of a young female/age. Possibly, there was a discovery of something else recognizable to Brittanee (pin or distinguishing mark from an operation the public was never disclosed or a personal item). I'm not sure how Dawn is so strong.. but her strength is amazing (imo) and I want her to know people (like me) think about her daughter and will never forget Brittanee, her athleticism, her sibling bonds or her smile.

This is Heather's thread, I want to keep the focus on HE and like all of you, I want to see the Elvis family reunite. Hopefully, there is new information or a break this week. Everyone is doing a great job (imo) of providing helpful information. Be safe (esp. you locals going to that walmart).

ITA Passin' Me By. Dawn is amazing. Still praying for Brittanee...And still praying for HE's safe return.

BTW, another thank you to my WSF: Never knew that was a "bad" Walmart (on Seaboard- not sure there is a "good" one). We've been going there for years, when in MB. Will def be more careful from now on.

Why is that? Just curious.

On her Tumblr archive are a few photos with watermarks from a photographer. The photographer who did the photos mentioned is legitimate.

Yes, but I thought it was just a little bit strange that he doesn't have Heather's photos on his Model Mayhem site (the pics in her Tumblr with his watermark). The default picture on that site right now resembles Heather but its a totally different person.

I don't think this has been posted anywhere...including the missing posters or news media. These are photos of a 2001 Dodge Intrepid; Heather's car. Her car's color is dark green with grey interior.

11660491245_a3590231e8.jpg

11660739503_a35ecc1e1f_s.jpg

The fb admin made an interesting comment about an hour ago. It's under the recent posts by others. It is not about news but an interesting one, IMO.

Can I say that?

Yes, but I thought it was just a little bit strange that he doesn't have Heather's photos on his Model Mayhem site (the pics in her Tumblr with his watermark). The default picture on that site right now resembles Heather but its a totally different person.

If you're not a paying member on Model Mayhem, your account is limited to 15 posted photos. Most photographers whom I know post their latest or most popular work. So, it's really not unusual that Heather's photos aren't on the MM page.

Are there any low rent motels near where her car was found? Many times that is where amateur *advertiser censored* and nude model shots are done. I am thinking along the lines that she answered an ad to make extra cash for Christmas by doing a shot or a couple of scenes. Only once she got there it wasn't what she thought. I mind keeps wondering if she did not end up in a snuff film. IMO It will be a while before they find her remains if they do at all. She will show herself when there is unusual conditions such as flooding.

If you're not a paying member on Model Mayhem, your account is limited to 15 posted photos. Most photographers whom I know post their latest or most popular work. So, it's really not unusual that Heather's photos aren't on the MM page.

Thank you for explaining that CharlieJ. I think this photog shows talent. He's good with a camera from what I see. The only experience I have with Model Mayhem is searching out some of the models that go missing and happen to have profiles there. It's not like having a contract with Ford or Wilhelmina, that's for sure. The majority of the models I see on MM are there bc they don't really fit into high end print or runway, more along the lines of off beat sales circulars or soft *advertiser censored* nudes as extras in backgrounds...sometimes music videos. It's like a last resort for girls that wish they could be models. Anybody can set up a profile there - it's not safe. It's been linked with human trafficking and a study is being done on it now. I think they've improved safety over the past year though.

Can't fight their owners. Too much money. They own sooo much!

Have you found out if Heather has a MM profile?

Does anyone know if the cameras on the swing bridge on Hwy 544 by Peachtree Landing brought forth any new info? Do they record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal