SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF HE was home in her apartment I think maybe a facebook chat was a means of connection. Someone could have been under a different chat name. Maybe even a chat room with a person under a fake name could be a means of communication to meet at PTL

I agree. So if you were an angry jealous wife/girlfriend. Wouldn't you call from a disposal cell phone so it couldn't be traced. That's thinking you had this planned out.

But it could be traced to some extent. They have HE's phone records. If they couldn't identify who owned a number, they could still get carrier info and eventually ping/location information for that number - Right?

Yes, but, would she cause physical harm to anyone?
Cheating, to me, is a deal breaker. If my husband cheated on me, I would NOT physically harm him or his mistress. I would kick him out & file for divorce. I would take my kids & move on with my life. MOO JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because that is what rational people do. Rational people don't murder or even abuse others.

But it could be traced to some extent. They have HE's phone records. If they couldn't identify who owned a number, they could still get carrier info and eventually ping/location information for that number - Right?

I don't know if disposal phones are traceable. I always thought that is why the terrorist use them.

I don't know if disposal phones are traceable. I always thought that is why the terrorist use them.

they can be traced back to where they were sold but unless there is video(like WalMart) or credit/debit card used in purchasing it the trail ends.

All over the place in Myrtle Beach.

Then yea I guess its possible. I just think if an affair was happening there would be some kind of protocol in place between them two people. Some kind of code words or certain times to call or meet. Therefore if something happened there would of had to be a break down. Which could have taking place with in the last week or even that night. LE should analyze her phone records and take her computer.

Lots of guests! Welcome everyone. Go read the rules on the first page and then hop in!!

There was an interesting comment to the comments mentioning whether or not the family has seen this and if it stays up or gets deleted. Mods, I hope this is okay. I don't mean to keep breaking the rules if I am! I hope they find Heather soon! https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

sometimes rational people in a highly emotional state do irrational things...

True, and I would be highly emotional, but I still would not hurt anyone.

For example, look at HE's family. They are experiencing emotions most of us (pray God) will never fully experience. Yet, they continue to conduct themselves with class & restraint, & in a law abiding manner.

I would drop my husband in a heartbeat if he ever cheated on me. I'd never have an affair on him & I don't condone it under any circumstance. I'm worth more than that.

Me too, but some times you have to just wait, sit back and plan your financial attack, because that hurts more than a sock to the eye, LOL.

I am pretty sure HE would tell her roommate if it were "calls" or by text, the roomie would know how the conversations went and LE would have a record of it too. I now understand HE better after today, I feel even more sorry for her and her family. By the way, welcome to our new guests :)

Why bother, if a person had access to a phone a victim was familiar with- easy peasy to text victim and that alone would imply that the msg is coming from the owner of the phone.

However your just asking for the cops to come talk to you though. Specially if down the road your going to bring attention to yourself by running your mouth.

Yes, but, would she cause physical harm to anyone?
Cheating, to me, is a deal breaker. If my husband cheated on me, I would NOT physically harm him or his mistress. I would kick him out & file for divorce. I would take my kids & move on with my life. MOO JMO

That is what separates people like you, in the best way possible, from people like the facebook poster whose initials I'm not sure we can use (?).

Unfortunately it's not immediately apparent that hurting the person who hurt you doesn't make any of your own pain go away, and the more unhinged a person is, I'm not sure it ever becomes apparent. When I was first cheated on by a long-term college bf, I was filled with so much resentment for the other girl. The second time was with a mutual friend, who apologized to me. I broke it off with him and knew there wasn't anything I could say to/about her that would help.

Much less call her a selection of terrible words in front of her dad and thousands of others. Jeeez.

Excessively :moo:

There was an interesting comment to the comments mentioning whether or not the family has seen this and if it stays up or gets deleted. Mods, I hope this is okay. I don't mean to keep breaking the rules if I am! I hope they find Heather soon!

I think you leave it up because that person brought themselves into the conversation by saying what they did. I would let people know what they said and what kind of people they are. I believe in karma.

I don't think were dealing with a serial killer her but I still found this interesting.

http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04.htm

I simply can't get past the parallels in Amber Berbiglia's case; working at the Myrtle Beach TK, and one of her last voice mail messages to her mom..

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Amber's voice on the home answering machine rang out, "Hey Mom. It's Amber. And I'm fine, and I'm coming home soon. But I just wanted to tell you that I'm getting married, (laughter). I'm engaged. Um, I just wanted to call you and tell you."

Those are words we're hearing for the very first time, one of the last voice messages 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia left for her mother, Michelle.

That is what separates people like you, in the best way possible, from people like the facebook poster whose initials I'm not sure we can use (?).

Unfortunately it's not immediately apparent that hurting the person who hurt you doesn't make any of your own pain go away. When I was first cheated on by a long-term college bf, I was filled with so much resentment for the other girl, I practically begged him to text her a speech I prepared about how she's a butthead and I am not, in so many words. (He refused to and I don't blame him, in retrospect.) I would see her during class changes and fantasize about throwing a pinecone at her as I biked by. The second time he cheated on me was with a mutual friend, who apologized to me. I broke it off with him and knew there wasn't anything I could say to/about her that would help.

Much less call her a selection of terrible words in front of her dad and thousands of others. Jeeez.

Excessively :moo:

I did the same thing I had a g/f cheat on me and I wanted to beat the guy up she cheated on me with. I am 34 now and I realize I should have just dumped her and moved on. Thank God we broke up though down the road.

I am pretty sure HE would tell her roommate if it were "calls" or by text, the roomie would know how the conversations went and LE would have a record of it too. I now understand HE better after today, I feel even more sorry for her and her family. By the way, welcome to our new guests :)

I wouldn't get too hung up on whether they were calls or texts at this point. In casual conversation, I use them interchangeably and only clarify if it makes sense to the conversation. For example, hubby to me, "Did you talk w/ your mom today?" Me, "Yes, this morning." What I actually did was text w/ my mom, but the distinction doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim