SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be shocked if Heather's disappearance is not connected to those early morning calls.

I don't know if disposal phones are traceable. I always thought that is why the terrorist use them.

They aren't untraceable, just more difficult to trace. If a prepaid phone is Verizon, obviously a Verizon tower, but let's say something cheap like Net10. They don't have their own towers so they use whatever company's signal based on the current location of the phone. For example, if you live in a big city it may utilize AT&T, but say you go out in the woods or in the country, it'll switch over to Verizon. Oh, and most of the prepaid phone companies are linked to a more well known company like Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.

I did the same thing I had a g/f cheat on me and I wanted to beat the guy up she cheated on me with. I am 34 now and I realize I should have just dumped her and moved on. Thank God we broke up though down the road.

Been there, and though I felt totally devastated at the time I am so glad things played out like they did. I wouldn't want to waste any more time with a cheater!

As for the family seeing it...

I just read that TE was reading the whole thing live and in person and was planning on leaving it.

That man is a saint.

I simply can't get past the parallels in Amber Berbiglia's case; working at the Myrtle Beach TK, and one of her last voice mail messages to her mom..

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Amber's voice on the home answering machine rang out, "Hey Mom. It's Amber. And I'm fine, and I'm coming home soon. But I just wanted to tell you that I'm getting married, (laughter). I'm engaged. Um, I just wanted to call you and tell you."

Those are words we're hearing for the very first time, one of the last voice messages 23-year-old Amber Berbiglia left for her mother, Michelle.

What about the lauren speir case where the last image her parents get to see the video of their intoxicated daughter. I feel bad for them and Amber's parents.

Would be much easier to use a payphone, although surveillance cameras could be an issue. There are payphones here at almost every gas station.

I hope he has his baby girl home soon. In his eyes, she will always be his baby girl.

They aren't untraceable, just more difficult to trace. If a prepaid phone is Verizon, obviously a Verizon tower, but let's say something cheap like Net10. They don't have their own towers so they use whatever company's signal based on the current location of the phone. For example, if you live in a big city it may utilize AT&T, but say you go out in the woods or in the country, it'll switch over to Verizon. Oh, and most of the prepaid phone companies are linked to a more well known company like Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.

I always thought text were traceable. They have cell phone dumps where all the data is dumped somewhere. I don't know all the details of it but I know they have this. Sorry I don't know the techy words for it.

However your just asking for the cops to come talk to you though. Specially if down the road your going to bring attention to yourself by running your mouth.

FTR, In general, women are far less likely to get angry and kill. Jus' saying.

BUT. (Ahh, the but...) Let's say a scorned woman became angry- we often don't think through our actions.

So hoping to stay within the rules...

I'm thinking suppose a husband was having an affair for a few months and then found out the lady he was having an affair with was on a date with someone else. He calls her up and says he's leaving his wife and she says no, it's over between us. And he says Oh baby, please meet me just one more time! And she says well ok, but I'm not changing my mind. So they meet and he tries to talk her into being with him but she says, Leave me alone and if you don't I'm going to tell your wife everything!.....then wonder what would happen? Hmm

FTR, In general, women are far less likely to get angry and kill. Jus' saying.

BUT. (Ahh, the but...) Let's say a scorned woman became angry- we often don't think through our actions.

That reminds me of the old saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Attention: the police report can be discussed but that does not include sleuthing any of the names on that document or taking the conversation further than the basics (no identifying information!) in that report. Furthermore any inkling of discussion about redacted information or sleuthing persons that have not been named a suspect or person of interest in this case will result in an immediate time out.

Police Report

Thanks.

Bumping...

Discussing anyone's facebook pages, or any social media page is not allowed. We have no suspects, no persons of interest. No sleuthing and posting anything here.

Heather's social media sites are discussable but not what anyone else has posted on them, only Heathers'.

As for the family seeing it...

I just read that TE was reading the whole thing live and in person and was planning on leaving it.

That man is a saint.

He has most likely known all of this for some time. Maybe a relief to get it out in the open. Now everyone knows what they are dealing with..

My heart aches for HE parents and relatives. Every bit of this case is so sad.

I always thought text were traceable. They have cell phone dumps where all the data is dumped somewhere. I don't know all the details of it but I know they have this. Sorry I don't know the techy words for it.

I guess I should also specify that the location the call came from can be traced as well. When I was a 911 dispatcher, at least once a day we had to send officers out to investigate a hang up from a prepaid phone. Of course we attempted to call back first. Usually it was from a kid who's parents had given them an old cellphone to play with. DO NOT DO THIS, people!! :twocents:

Just thinking, if your work and home address were the same, or you worked from home online, would you use your home or private cell phone number to put on your business cards? I wouldn't I'd probably use a prepaid phone. MOO

Anyone else surprised that the "drama" has not yet been deleted???
Nope. IMO, kinda like the accidental release of the Police report

Random comment by me (not really, lol :pinocchio: )

Sometimes people say stuff to set up a reasonable explanation why one's dna, hair, etc. might be present at a certain location (either their own, or someone else's). For example, RAT said Alexis Murphy came over to his camper to smoke pot, and that's why one of her hair's was found there.

In other words, hypothetically, if any evidence was recovered from Heather's vehicle, someone might be publicly attempting to establish a legitimate reason as to why any dna, hair, etc. might have been there.
This times 100. Great post.

Am I the only one trying to get circus music out of my head?

I hope, pray, wish, will, and whatever else that this all ends with Heather coming home safely. There's always hope, right? :please:
Just when I got "It's a Small World" out of my head...now see what YOU'VE done?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

I would think LE are well aware of this quote...
How did I not know this quote? It goes in my long list of great quotes now.

Where are the pay phone/disposable phone thoughts coming from? Were there *perhaps* texts/calls that were not identifiable? Unless, of course, someone told someone else about the conversations after.... which made it clear who it was ....

Sorry for the confusion. The use of a pay phone or disposable phone isn't a fact. This came up through pure speculation and mind wondering. =)

Just thinking, if your work and home address were the same, or you worked from home online, would you use your home or private cell phone number to put on your business cards? I wouldn't I'd probably use a prepaid phone. MOO

SBM

We own a small biz and use the cell # on the biz card. that way we can count it off on taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant