GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I am not on this jury. I mostly lurk, but I keep reminding myself that I should not consider whether or not I like MD when I think of the evidence, but simply put myself in his place and consider what evidence is present. Of course, I would not be carrying a weapon, but I do understand being fearful. My
heart breaks for the families affected by this.

Oh my goodness! I had no idea they had done that. :( I'm not even going to click their link.

I read it. Laaaaame is the best description of it. MD is a poor victim, because black on white murders are just the law of the land, and Jordan Davis was keeping bad company, the end. I shiiiiit you not. That's the gist of it.

Glad I am not on this jury. I mostly lurk, but I keep reminding myself that I should not consider whether or not I like MD when I think of the evidence, but simply put myself in his place and consider what evidence is present. Of course, I would not be carrying a weapon, but I do understand being fearful. My

Fearful of what? kids listening to loud music? Remember he was so scared he spoke the them first.

JMO

Did the prosecution ever put into evidence the height of the bottom of the back passenger seat, and that it was perhaps LEVEL and/or ABOVE the bottom of MD's car window that he was supposedly shooting out of?

TIA as I may have missed that and right now, think there is a juror they NEED TO CONVINCE

You actually aren't supposed to just put yourself in his place. You do that and check the evidence for it, but you also put yourself in the victim's place (the prosecution's argument) and check the evidence for that.

We are supposed to check both sides thoroughly against the evidence.

IMO, there is only one reason anyone would flee the scene of a shooting. Not wanting to be caught because they did something wrong. The news is full of stories like this, whether it be hit and run, a shooting, a robbery etc. I can't tell you how many times people have dropped off a friend who had been shot at the entrance of the ER only to drive away. The patient was typically dumped out of the car and we had to go out with a stretcher, pick them up and place them on the stretcher and into one of the trauma rooms.

Dunn had nothing to gain by sticking around to answer questions. He had not formulated his story yet. He is an irresponsible gun owner and person and needs to be in jail for the rest of his life. Nobody gets to do what he did and get away with it. JMV

It is one thing to be fearful of actual threats... but he had nothing to be afraid of... He placed himself into a situation, and then when he didn't like something about it, he caused a confrontation and shot a kid for no reason.

I consider myself a pretty cautious person because I am afraid of people like MD lurking around in our presence. For that reason, I avoid high conflict situations. If MD was fearful, he should have moved his car to a different spot and kept his mouth shut. JMO

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 37s
Another jury question: can they get a dry easel/large paper #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 29s
Judge says one set of jury instructions is also missing a large grouping of pages #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 14s
So jury will be given some large writing device like dry erase board and one new full set of jury instructions #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

IMO, there is only one reason anyone would flee the scene of a shooting. Not wanting to be caught because they did something wrong. The news is full of stories like this, whether it be legit and run, a shooting, a robbery etc. I can't tell you how many times people have dropped off a friend who had been shot at the entrance of the ER only to drive away. The patient was typically dumped out of the car and we had to go out with a stretcher, pick them up and place them on the stretcher and into one of the trauma rooms.

Dunn had nothing to gain by sticking around to answer questions. He had not formulated his story yet. He is an irresponsible gun owner and person and needs to be in jail for the rest of his life. Nobody gets to do what he did and get away with it. JMV

I can even understand the panic and leaving.. But why then did he not pull over call 911 and say " these kids were threatening me and I shot back! "

Did the prosecution ever put into evidence the height of the bottom of the back passenger seat, and that it was perhaps LEVEL and/or ABOVE the bottom of MD's car window that he was supposedly shooting out of?

TIA as I may have missed that and right now, think there is a juror they NEED TO CONVINCE

Ive been looking at comments about the trajectory of the bullets. I would like to see the pictures of Bendy with the dowels and the pictures if the SUV. I want to view that again. Interesting info I read.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom now
Missing pages from jury instruction were not specific to this case, so judge is giving them generic copy #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

:p Is it too late to change my choice for the poll on when I predict the verdict coming in? :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173