GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking, hoping, it's the difference in the charges not that he's not guilty. I'm thinking the issue is between 1st and 2nd degree. There is no doubt he is guilty and was only thinking of himself. He clearly let's his arrogance show through his testimony when his attorney isn't spoon feeding him. No remorse whatsoever. jmo

I think anything less than first degree would be a misjustice. JMO

Wow, thank you! I was wondering what the sentences were for the various charges. As long as this narcissistic racist never sets foot outside of prison again for the rest of his life, I'm good. But, I firmly believe the State proved M1 beyond a reasonable doubt and I believe Jordan's family and Leland, Tevin and Tommie all deserve guilty verdicts against this smug, self-righteous monster.

I'm very afraid that if he gets a slap on the wrist it going to embolden other people to just kill people (i.e. different races) if they feel like it.

Is Florida a state where the sentencing follows IMMEDIATELY after the verdict without any delay? Jodi's trial and immediate sentencing is stuck in my mind, and I cannot recall Florida's standards.

TIA

I thought Florida didn't need sentencing because people just walk out.

Is Florida a state where the sentencing follows IMMEDIATELY after the verdict without any delay? Jodi's trial and immediate sentencing is stuck in my mind, and I cannot recall Florida's standards.

TIA

I think Casey's sentence was sort of a given, even though there were minor glitches in the system.

I have no remembrance of the rules in FL. If not 1st Degree, which is an automatic life, there may be reports needed. I have seen so many FL cases and I'm surprised I can't remember!

ETA: Just remembered that if there's a guilty verdict, there will be a penalty phase w/witnesses.

I have never served on a jury, but it seems the jury instructions are sooo confusing! No wonder the jury takes so long to come back with a decision. Surely the instructions can be made clearer and shorter???

The jury instructions are way over my head too Spellbound.

Good morning all! :seeya: Hoping today is the day for a just verdict!

I have never served on a jury, but it seems the jury instructions are sooo confusing! No wonder the jury takes so long to come back with a decision. Surely the instructions can be made clearer and shorter???

They could, but they won't. It will all come down to who puts the most money into the mix. Defense lawyers make a lot of money. Prosecutors not so much. I believe that defense attorneys love the current language because it does confuse juries and probably plays to their side. So whoever can buy the best state senators will win. JMO

I agree Steely. Dunn's been sailing along on his Dad's coattails for so long, worked at his Dad's company for several years before he unfortunately killed this young teen, killed Jordan for no reason at that. I don't think he's been told NO for most of his life, although he has had some scrapes with the law, but nothing his parents couldn't buy him out of... IMHO.

Even his computer school was financed by his parents! He used the insurance money from their policy to pay for it (according to his letters). Does this guy do nothing on his own?

Aside from killing innocent teenagers, that is.

And good morning, everyone! Happy Valentine's Day to my fellow forum folks :loveyou:

The jury instructions are way over my head too Spellbound.

Good morning all! :seeya: Hoping today is the day for a just verdict!

Even his computer school was financed by his parents! He used the insurance money from their policy to pay for it (according to his letters). Does this guy do nothing on his own?

Aside from killing innocent teenagers, that is.

And good morning, everyone! Happy Valentine's Day to my fellow forum folks :loveyou:

Morning! Happy valentine's everyone.

Hoping for justice for Jordan today too.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 11s
Day 3 of deliberations about to begin for #MichaelDunn trial. We're ready. pic.twitter.com/DH7MIWB9Nt

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 26s
I'm hearing some murmurings over the courthouse audio feed, jury deliberations supposed to resume in 10 mins #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Is there any way we can send Juan Martinez to cross-examine MD in prison purely for entertainment purposes?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 18s
And just like that, we're dark again. Standing by. #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

I think Casey's sentence was sort of a given, even though there were minor glitches in the system.

I have no remembrance of the rules in FL. If not 1st Degree, which is an automatic life, there may be reports needed. I have seen so many FL cases and I'm surprised I can't remember!

ETA: Just remembered that if there's a guilty verdict, there will be a penalty phase w/witnesses.

The Anthony jury was stuck on who was custodian of the child when both KC's parents were working and Caylee was with KC when she went missing. That was not difficult to figure out and yet that jury had problems over it. It was a very unusual jury to say the least. This jury seems to be asking the right questions. jmo

Happy Valentine's Day peeps!!! Steely, are you getting all us ladies chocolates and flowers?

:loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

:valentine: :valentine: :valentine:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 5s
Healey on the bench: Let's let them go! Jury deliberations to begin momentarily #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member