Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Yes - someone will have a moment of conscience and confess all they know

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • No - 'the rice is cooked' and our grandchildren will be discussing the case

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • No because it's hard formally to pin a crime on a dead person

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters
In answer to the question will this case ever be solved, my answer is that I hope it will but I consider it to be very unlikely at this point unless new, previously undisclosed information was released that would shed new light on it. Until then, it looks like someone has found a way to defeat the American justice system by making it impossible to prosecute a murder. When I say that I am not talking about any intruder.

What stands out to me in the GJ True Bill is this: Unlawfully and felonious induced, aided or encouraged a CHILD to violate any state law, namely: Incest.
What I get from this is that the playing doctor was totally ignored, and led to the sexual molestation, and agony it caused for JBR.
It's plain and clear that they aided and encouraged an assault on her by another Child. We all know who the other child was.

What stands out to me in the GJ True Bill is this: Unlawfully and felonious induced, aided or encouraged a CHILD to violate any state law, namely: Incest.
What I get from this is that the playing doctor was totally ignored, and led to the sexual molestation, and agony it caused for JBR.
It's plain and clear that they aided and encouraged an assault on her by another Child. We all know who the other child was.

Huh? Where are you getting this? The only child mentioned in the GJ true bills is JonBenet.

It is in post 380, and stated just the way I typed it. JB could not inflict incest upon herself. Do you see what I mean? Someone was encouraged to commit it on her, or if the R's knew what was going on they didn't stop the person who was doing it, and contributed to the delinquency of a minor.

It might be solved correctly...maybe it already has been. But I don't think we'll ever know for sure what happened unless someone confesses.

Excuse me, but where are you getting that from? I have never heard that wording being reported in the GJ report until now. Please provide a source.

It is in post 380, and stated just the way I typed it. JB could not inflict incest upon herself. Do you see what I mean? Someone was encouraged to commit it on her, or if the R's knew what was going on they didn't stop the person who was doing it, and contributed to the delinquency of a minor.

It says this in Post 380, if you didn't fully read it:

Below is a list of charges that were (as close as I can figure) possibly considered that might be some of the missing numbers in the list of charges.

The GJ never said that. This was just his speculation. Be careful what you believe.

Oops - I didn't see that they were possible charges. Whatever happened, they did not protect JB, and possibly contributed to her death by their actions.
It was not my intention to mislead, so I deserved the scolding.

I think now that be knee is retiring there is a bigger chance it will be solved. I think fresh eyes always help.

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Darlene, I apologize if my wording wasn't clear enough to show what I was trying to say. I was simply listing other possible charges (depending on who did what) that the GJ could have been given to consider. The DA's office (most likely Mike Kane) is responsible for presenting the wording on any possible charges that the GJ might consider. It is then their job (after their investigation and hearing of evidence) to vote on each possible charge presented them. As it turned out, they only voted for a true bill with at least 9 jurors on 2 of the charges for each of the accused. Because of the number given each of those 2 true bills, I was speculating on what other charges might have also been considered to account for some of the missing numbers.

On another note... This just in from The Daily Camera:

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-.../boulder-da-making-increased-use-grand-juries

Boulder DA making increased use of grand juries
The benefits of using a grand jury lie primarily in the jury's subpoena power. University of Colorado law professor Mimi Wesson said grand juries can use that power to summon witnesses who may have been uncooperative or obtain documents that weren't available to police.
"It's a lot harder to resist a grand jury subpoena than the request of a police officer that you talk to him," Wesson said.
Added Beckner, "You can call people as witnesses, put them under oath, subpoena information. It just has some advantages that we may not have in a straight-forward investigation."

(Wouldn't we all like to know what additional information the GJ was able to obtain that the police couldn't get subpoenaed -- and that we are not even aware of? Phone records maybe? Doctor reports?)

Hi otg - so the GJ could have asked PR and JR to testify? Wouldn't we all like to see the transcript of what was said, and who said it. Of course AH let LS recite his fiasco of what could have happened. I wonder how many of them bought that nonsense!

I said the rice is cooked but there are some who think it was solved, just not carried forward, and I don't rule that out. That view was not an option in this poll.

I said the rice is cooked but there are some who think it was solved, just not carried forward, and I don't rule that out. That view was not an option in this poll.

That's the way I see it, too. Especially with the release of the GJ indictments. They just didn't (or couldn't) move forward.

It might be solved correctly...maybe it already has been. But I don't think we'll ever know for sure what happened unless someone confesses.

What I find really, really, really interesting, and telling is that after the publication of Kolar's book, we hear not a peep from JR, or any of his hired minions.

Why is that? Previously any claims made that showed the R clan in an unfavorable light were swiftly countered with public statements, and threats of lawsuits. Threats which proved successful in squashing the "details" of the story. Why not in this instance?

If JRB threatened to sue Kolar, I'm sure he would have said, "bring it on." Again, you've gotta ask why. I don't feel it's too much of a stretch to consider the fact that if a civil trail against Kolar was initiated, the Rs would not be afforded the 'rights' that the accused are protected by in a criminal trial. Instead all we have is the sound of crickets.

What I find really, really, really interesting, and telling is that after the publication of Kolar's book, we hear not a peep from JR, or any of his hired minions.

Why is that? Previously any claims made that showed the R clan in an unfavorable light were swiftly countered with public statements, and threats of lawsuits. Threats which proved successful in squashing the "details" of the story. Why not in this instance?

If JRB threatened to sue Kolar, I'm sure he would have said, "bring it on." Again, you've gotta ask why. I don't feel it's too much of a stretch to consider the fact that if a civil trail against Kolar was initiated, the Rs would not be afforded the 'rights' that the accused are protected by in a criminal trial. Instead all we have is the sound of crickets.

You have hit the nail on the head. With the release of the GJ indictments, I think most people with half a brain understand that the Rs were involved in the crime on some level and always knew what happened to their daughter. You can't sue someone for libel if what they have said is TRUE. If they pushed this to a lawsuit, the TRUTH would then be public. ALL of it. And names would be named.

Can you sue someone for agreeing with a Grand Jury?

Are you suggesting CP was collected into evidence?

Yes I am. We know LE looked for it on the AG computers. We know there was a bunch more evidence collected than has been made public/leaked. No, I know there's no proof child *advertiser censored* was found, but nobody has said there wasn't any found either. I have always believed it was found, and always will believe it until I personally see every scrap of evidence (like that's ever gonna happen). :twocents:

You have hit the nail on the head. With the release of the GJ indictments, I think most people with half a brain understand that the Rs were involved in the crime on some level and always knew what happened to their daughter. You can't sue someone for libel if what they have said is TRUE. If they pushed this to a lawsuit, the TRUTH would then be public. ALL of it. And names would be named.

Your comment re: "anyone with half a brain," reminded me of a portion of Kolar's prologue...

I have heard it expressed that the presumption of innocence does not attach itself until a defendant sits before the court at trial. Everything that goes before that event is an element of the investigative process, and I believe there are still active steps to be taken to achieve resolution and closure in this case. One has to be committed, however, to pursuing the truth, examining every lead of merit that presents itself, and be willing to explore the darker side of human behavior. [...] I have undertaken this work not because I believe a prosecution of any perpetrator of this crime will likely result from it, but because I believe it will move public perceptions of this case closer to the truth. (67-68)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back