NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to call the whole thing a bit of a coincidence. That one location on the planet should be the starting point for two women who disappeared is interesting. I mean this is not Time's Square, or some other place that a million people pass through in a day.

I absolutely agree. The coincidence of the geographical location basically in the middle of nowhere in the White Mountains of NH is weird, to say the least.

I also find it surprising that there seems to be no WS thread for Jean Ellen Caccovaro.

On quite another note:
There is right now quite a discussion going on at the James Renner Maura Murray web site regarding a VT lady, Jean Caccovaro, 31, who apparently disappeared back in 1977 at the intersection of Rtes 112 and 116 at about the point where Maura was possibly/allegedly seen by the construction worker RF driving home from his work in Franconia,NH, shortly after Maura´s crash at the Weathered Barn curve some 4-5 miles to the west.
There are a few old newspaper articles about the Caccovaro case to be found on the web, but strangely her name does not come up on Websleuths for some reason.
Any ideas at all?

Didn't Ms Caccavaro disappear from a Newbury Vt fair? Is this anywhere near the place in NH where Maura disappeared?

Didn't Ms Caccavaro disappear from a Newbury Vt fair? Is this anywhere near the place in NH where Maura disappeared?

Yes, she did apparently originally disappear from a fair in Newbury, VT, but her last known position according to various newspaper reports seems to have been near the NH Routes 112-116 junction in Easton Township, NH, some four or five miles to the east of Maura´s car crash site.
Apparently she was trying to hitchhike to Maine at the time...

Yes, she did apparently originally disappear from a fair in Newbury, VT, but her last known position according to various newspaper reports seems to have been near the NH Routes 112-116 junction in Easton Township, NH, some four or five miles to the east of Maura´s car crash site.
Apparently she was trying to hitchhike to Maine at the time...

Thanks-didn't read enough about her

You know what, now I'm interested a bit. She looks A LOT like Maura. However, the Moulton thing is a stretch. But... is there someone still living near that intersection who could have picked both women up. I still don't see any evidence that Maura's case is an abduction, but their similar features says something.

You know what, now I'm interested a bit. She looks A LOT like Maura. However, the Moulton thing is a stretch. But... is there someone still living near that intersection who could have picked both women up. I still don't see any evidence that Maura's case is an abduction, but their similar features says something.

James,
Interesting that you mention Jean's almost uncanny likeness to Maura. I was also struck by this when I saw the old newspaper photos of Jean Caccavaro.
The apparent geographical coincidence is just weird...

It should also be noted that although Jean Caccavaro was 31 when she went missing, her husband claimed that she looked much younger, and was often mistaken for a teenager.

Hey one more thing: how come some aunt-by-marriage (or whatever) runs the Maura Murray facebook page? Why would that not be her siblings or her father? Julie Murray's cover photo is an island off the coast of Northern Ireland. I assume she has been there and took the photo. Did she look for Maura when she was there at all?

Seriously what does the immediate family know? They know something that is stopping them from actually looking for Maura. They say they are looking for her, but they are not. They absolutely are not. Fred is pissy with law enforcement and not one of Maura's siblings has any sort of social media presence with the purpose of finding her. I find that so damn odd. Their behavior makes no sense.

I am slowly starting to believe that Maura's siblings know where she is and are keeping it a secret. That is why they have the elderly "aunt" running the website. Something is really fishy about this. If my brother went missing I would be spending my free time getting his photo out to every corner of the earth, no matter how remote the possibilities. My mind would never run out of "what ifs." I would not have some low-key presence on facebook. I would be shouting from the rooftops. I should also add that I am a very private person, but if my brother went missing I would have a facebook page, a twitter account, etc totally dedicated to him. I would have his photos and the whole thing would be in many different languages and I would try and get the word out to anyone and everyone. Why have the Murrays not done this? Either they do not actually care about Maura or they know what happened to her.

On the subject of covering up the truth, I saw this interesting programme recently about a computer programme that scientists are developing that analyses "micro-expressions". Tiny facial movements that indicate when a lie is being told. They reckon the programme has a 90% success rate of detecting a lie. They tested it on the family members of several high profile missing cases in the UK where family appealed to the public for help. I wish they would take a look at Maura's disappeared episode!

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

The Lying Game~The Crimes That Fooled Britain - YouTube

How odd that there were no follow up articles that she was alive and had started a new life. But hey, as I have been saying this entire time: people can disappear without a lot of planning and without a lot of resources, just like Jean. If her daughter married Claude in 1978, then what was she like 15 when she married him?

Why would James Caccavaro have such a negative opinion of Maura? Did he know her or something?

Now I'm seriously done with JRs blog. He is just printing anything and we 're supposed to take it as truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like what? He is relaying information that he has uncovered. It may or may not be true, and it may or may not be relevant. The point of the blog is to sort through so that we can get closer to finding Maura.

I see your point but he gets totally out of line sometimes with FM. now I think FM is creepy as hell and a control freak but I don't think he did anything to his daughter or had anything to do with it. JR likes to poke at Murray family a lot.

He was quoting someone else. If you have a problem with what was said, then blame it on James Caccavaro, not Renner.

Ok ok. I don't want to start anything here.

What do you think happened?

I do not have a set theory as to what happened, but it has always been my opinion that we need to explore any and all possibilities, even if it hurts some feelings. I have not seen anything on Renner's blog that is not true. Either he has proof of a fact, or he has a quote from someone, in which case it is true that person said that. It is then up to us to weigh out the credibility of that person, or discuss whether or not it makes sense.

Like what? He is relaying information that he has uncovered. It may or may not be true, and it may or may not be relevant. The point of the blog is to sort through so that we can get closer to finding Maura.

He did the same thing in the Amy Mihaljevic case-went after the Fettinger son (from the horse farm), and now you never hear a word about him-but it wasn't right. Made the woman who now runs the operation (the former suspect's sister) sound like a witch. She (Holly Fettinger) was my riding instructor, and wasn't a witch-had some unkind things to say about Holly's mother Grace, who was a nice lady.

I know nothing about that other case. I only know what Renner has done with this case. He has questioned everything FM has said and I think it is absolutely critical to do so. FM is the only witness to a large portion of Maura's final days before she went missing.

I sort of do not understand why people come to this site and then try and shut the discussion down. Look, some of the things we discuss here are not pleasant and may not be "nice." That is sleuthing.

I know that there is a huge segment of the population who are much nicer, kinder, sweeter people than me. They are all over the Maura facebook page writing incredibly useful stuff like, "I am praying for Maura!" "My prayers are with the Murrays" "I hope things work out!" Great. Such positive people. Not all negative like the people here.
So far it has not done a damn thing to find Maura. But hey, it is "nice" so I guess it is the right thing to do.

I know nothing about that other case. I only know what Renner has done with this case. He has questioned everything FM has said and I think it is absolutely critical to do so. FM is the only witness to a large portion of Maura's final days before she went missing.

I sort of do not understand why people come to this site and then try and shut the discussion down. Look, some of the things we discuss here are not pleasant and may not be "nice." That is sleuthing.

I know that there is a huge segment of the population who are much nicer, kinder, sweeter people than me. They are all over the Maura facebook page writing incredibly useful stuff like, "I am praying for Maura!" "My prayers are with the Murrays" "I hope things work out!" Great. Such positive people. Not all negative like the people here.
So far it has not done a damn thing to find Maura. But hey, it is "nice" so I guess it is the right thing to do.

Well-who's trying to shut it down? What does character assassination have to do with "sleuthing"? My interest in Maura murray is her proximity (Hanson, MA) to relatives of mine; I don't know why anyone else here is interested. The fact that FM, or anyone else in that family may not want to talk to James Renner may have less to do with their being "low-riders", and much more to do with trying to avoid muckraking of their family. I really think anyone who has a missing family member would react the same way-sorry if you disagree with me. It's my understanding that we are ALL entitled to our own opinions here. Maybe you should read JR's book and see for yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_user