MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...e-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096#mid=18039216

fbi is the lead now

and yes according to this the family did indeed search for her themselves before calling.

Well, this article gives us some kind of a timeline.

Myra's father, Gregory Lewis, said he noticed she was missing about noon, but the other children told him the toddler was with her mother. He realized Myra was gone when his wife came home about 3 p.m.

Lewis said the family searched the house up and down and then he drove his 4-wheeler around the neighborhood looking for her. The family called police about 4 p.m.

Read more: http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096#ixzz2v0ntEc7g

Bolded by me. I am totally confused right now. If Myra went into the house with her siblings, why did they tell the dad she went with the mom? Did they see her getting in the car, similar to the one their mum drives? Or what...?

Well, this article gives us some kind of a timeline.

Bolded by me. I am totally confused right now. If Myra went into the house with her siblings, why did they tell the dad she went with the mom? Did they see her getting in the car, similar to the one their mum drives? Or what...?

This is just my theory, so take that as you will!

The mother left at 11:00, when she told he children to go inside. I suspect Myra didn't actually go inside with the children, or they did not see her go inside and went directly back out. The other children assumed she went with mom, when she was not inside with them as dad was making lunch. Dad makes lunch, comes out and sees she is not there. Kiddos tell him she went with mom. (I can totally see kids saying she was with mom, since they have no concept that we shouldn't assume.) Dad realizes this is not the case when mom gets home at 3 without her. Dad searches, police are called.

So, was she last seen at 10 or 11? I thought the police believed she was abducted, now I am reading the family thinks she was abducted and the FBI/police believe anything is possible.

I wonder why the children thought she was with the mother if they all walked into the home together as the mom drove away. Also, has it been stated where the mom was from 11-3? She said she went grocery shopping...not errands, so I would conclude that would not take four hours. Maybe it is a bad choice of words. Not placing fault, just not understanding. I leave my family for errands for four hours all the time, but not for groceries, that is my point.

BBM
While I wish we had more info on the shopping trip, I think we have to keep in mind that she might have had at least a half hour, maybe 45 min drive one way to the store. It could have been an hour if she went in to Jackson. I did notice that the prayer vigil they showed on the news yesterday was held in Jackson at the medical mall, so obvious close ties with people in Jackson. So, factor in the actual shopping time then the drive home and I think it's plausible.

Lots of confusion with what the kids told the father and what-not. It's probably why LE didn't immediately release those details. One article quoted the sheriff as saying that the statements matched up pretty well. So... I don't know. Where is the baby? As far as a random perp driving down a rural road at that time....opportunity. Also, it sounds as though they might be appealing to the community to report anyone who might have turned up with a two year old unexpectedly. Could someone have taken her because they thought she was being neglected?

In the link above:
Myra's father, Gregory Lewis, said he noticed she was missing about noon, but the other children told him the toddler was with her mother. He realized Myra was gone when his wife came home about 3 p.m.

Lewis said the family searched the house up and down and then he drove his 4-wheeler around the neighborhood looking for her. The family called police about 4 p.m.

just as i thought! as little ones are apt to do she probably tried to follow mommy.
at this point i really think she was taken by someone in the immediate area.:twocents:

This is just my theory, so take that as you will!

The mother left at 11:00, when she told he children to go inside. I suspect Myra didn't actually go inside with the children, or they did not see her go inside and went directly back out. The other children assumed she went with mom, when she was not inside with them as dad was making lunch. Dad makes lunch, comes out and sees she is not there. Kiddos tell him she went with mom. (I can totally see kids saying she was with mom, since they have no concept that we shouldn't assume.) Dad realizes this is not the case when mom gets home at 3 without her. Dad searches, police are called.

But Myra's mum stated, that she actually saw Myra going inside.

"I was leaving to go grocery shopping and I saw her walk back into the house with her sister," said Ericka Lewis, mother of the toddler.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-mississippi-toddler-case-treated-as-abduction/

According to the mum, Myra was walking back into the house, accompanied by her sister. So how it really was?

According to the mum, Myra was walking back into the house, accompanied by her sister. So how it really was?

I was thinking about this, too. I wish I knew what really happened. But I can picture them going in and coming back out, or maybe just Myra came back out. They could have gone back out after she drove away and the dad may not have ever known that they had been in and out. JMOO.

Hopefully the FBI will get to the bottom of it.

Yes, one of the options was that the children didn't actually see her go inside. When I was young, my sisters often didn't notice what I was doing...even when my parents thought they did. It happens with kids, they just don't pay any attention to what's around them a lot of the time. Also, I mentioned that the child could have gone back out and the children assumed she went with mom...but did not SEE the child go with mom. Kids turn assumptions into facts. (I know mine does, lol!) It's so hard with children. They don't pay attention and they believe what they believe.

I think there is some reason the police seem to believe the scenario of the mom thinking the child went in, and the other children think she went with mom. We aren't privy to every detail and they certainly aren't likely to elaborate about the questioning process of children. I could be 100% totally wrong, but it appears the police don't think the scenario is a made up one. IMO, of course.

depends on the age of the others and how much attention they were paying... these are little ones.

it seems like a who is on first situation. I feel terribly for the family :-(

BBM
While I wish we had more info on the shopping trip, I think we have to keep in mind that she might have had at least a half hour, maybe 45 min drive one way to the store. It could have been an hour if she went in to Jackson. I did notice that the prayer vigil they showed on the news yesterday was held in Jackson at the medical mall, so obvious close ties with people in Jackson. So, factor in the actual shopping time then the drive home and I think it's plausible.

Lots of confusion with what the kids told the father and what-not. It's probably why LE didn't immediately release those details. One article quoted the sheriff as saying that the statements matched up pretty well. So... I don't know. Where is the baby? As far as a random perp driving down a rural road at that time....opportunity. Also, it sounds as though they might be appealing to the community to report anyone who might have turned up with a two year old unexpectedly. Could someone have taken her because they thought she was being neglected?

I am not about to start speculating that she drove up to an hour to go grocery shopping. If others want to do that, that's fine. I speculate all day long, but find that a far stretch as grocery shopping is something that is typically done local. Shopping is typically done anywhere, which is what she may have meant or even said.

the time line still bothers me.
they realize she's gone at 3... idc where mom was or how long it took her. they realize at 3 the baby is missing. WHY wait even am hour to report? I mean, surely they realized nobody has seen the kid for FOUR HOURS at this point, why wait another hour?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

they realize she's gone at 3... idc where mom was or how long it took her. they realize at 3 the baby is missing. WHY wait even am hour to report? I mean, surely they realized nobody has seen the kid for FOUR HOURS at this point, why wait another hour?

Because the natural thing to do is freakout and run all over calling for your child, thinking they must just be here or there...then calm down and realize "holy crap, we have got to call the police. She really is missing." JMO, but I don't think it's strange, at all.

I am not about to start speculating that she drove up to an hour to go grocery shopping. If others want to do that, that's fine. I speculate all day long, but find that a far stretch as grocery shopping is something that is typically done local. Shopping is typically done anywhere, which is what she may have meant or even said.

My speculation has to do with the fact that I am local and I grew up in a similar area. I have friends who live in areas where they do travel an hour to grocery shop. It's a rural area in a largely rural state. You have the gas station, the local tiny store that doesn't have everything you sometimes need, then you have the small grocery store and then you the supermarket that she might have had to drive 45 min to an hour to get to. She could have been going just down the road or all the way in to Jackson. That long of a trip would be commonplace for many people here. I live in a more metropolitan area and I see the car tags in the parking lot from the different counties. I mentioned the prayer vigil held in Jackson, so I think they probably have close ties there. Just my :twocents:

There's also the possibility that Myra made her way back out to the road, where someone under the influence of something might have struck her with a vehicle. Fearing the ramifications, they remove her from the area. Slim chance, but still a possibility.

The article stated that they looked all over the house and then the dad got on the 4-wheeler to search. In hindsight, it would have been better to call for help while you continue to look.

My speculation has to do with the fact that I am local and I grew up in a similar area. I have friends who live in areas where they do travel an hour to grocery shop. It's a rural area in a largely rural state. You have the gas station, the local tiny store that doesn't have everything you sometimes need, then you have the small grocery store and then you the supermarket that she might have had to drive 45 min to an hour to get to. She could have been going just down the road or all the way in to Jackson. That long of a trip would be commonplace for many people here. I live in a more metropolitan area and I see the car tags in the parking lot from the different counties. I mentioned the prayer vigil held in Jackson, so I think they probably have close ties there. Just my :twocents:

I agree. Just Saturday I drove 25 minutes to the grocery store, 30 extra minutes to costco, and another 15 minutes to Target and another stop in town on the way back. I hit everything I need in one day, because it's just too difficult during the week. It was cold enough here over the weekend to do this, since the meat could be safely in the car. It took me a good 5-6 hours.

Thank you! It sucks for those of us that do live in small rural areas, and HAVE to drive an hour to get to do decent shopping. I Usually hit 3 or 4 stores before coming home. I am a bargain shopper. So it's nothing for me to be gone 3-4 hours. I always stop and get a bite to eat before coming home, because I'm famished. An hour to the store, an hour back, leaves 2 hours for me to get my shopping done and eat. :seeya:

I agree. Just Saturday I drove 25 minutes to the grocery store, 30 extra minutes to costco, and another 15 minutes to Target and another stop in town on the way back. I hit everything I need in one day, because it's just too difficult during the week. It was cold enough here over the weekend to do this, since the meat could be safely in the car. It took me a good 5-6 hours.

My point was she said grocery store, not storeS or errand or errandS and she was gone for five hours. So, my point was either what she said was misreported or she spoke wrong. I don't see how going to one grocery store could take five hours even in a rural area. I do all my errands/shopping in one day as well and it can take five hours. Not placing blame or accusing. Just not following the timeline. This is just my opinion.

I live 20-25 minutes from the grocery store, and a trip can absolutely take 2-3 hours. Add in a longer traveling time and I can see that time increase. There's the "quick trip" where I run in and get a few things that I know we need, and then there's a "planning" trip, where I go down every aisle and get ingredients for several meals. If mom was using coupons or runs into people she knows (inevitable in my town,) it can take a long time. When my littles are home with their very capable father, I don't feel like I have to rush back home. I take the time to clear my head and enjoy the quietness before I head back to my crazy, loud, little life. As a mom of four, soon to be five, I don't see anything wrong with mom's outing.

My point was she said grocery store, not storeS or errand or errandS and she was gone for five hours. So, my point was either what she said was misreported or she spoke wrong. I don't see how going to one grocery store could take five hours even in a rural area. I do all my errands/shopping in one day as well and it can take five hours. Not placing blame or accusing. Just not following the timeline. This is just my opinion.

I think it's just semantics, at this point...for everyone in the media and public. We don't know what was actually said, or where she went. We don't know thst she said she went to one place. The police have the timeline and the place(s) she went. They have not said anything that leads me to believe, she wasn't where she said she was and when. I am leaning toward misreporting, or the police giving a vague one or two word answer...and the media printing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname