SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #25 ***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Jan 2008, a 19 and 20 year old husband and wife in Union SC killed a 16 yr old girl (Marisha Jeter) and threw her body in the Broad River. The husband had been seeing her, and when his wife found out, she made him call her to meet him, and they killed her together. This young couple also had children.
Then the wife cried to the court to have mercy on her for the sake of her children. This was a younger couple, but, still adults. Of course the 16 yr old cheerleader was much cuter than the wife. Hard to understand where murder becomes the only way to end it.
Both pleaded guilty to avoid the DP, and both recieved life in prison.
The wife had told him the only way to prove his love for her, was to kill the girl.

Wow. Crazy similarities.

:please:

Attachments

• 1977195_250305551808841_1762833397_n.jpg
    1977195_250305551808841_1762833397_n.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 73
I would disagree that SM is a narcissist. SM shared a FB with TM, had a tattoo with her name on his stomach,allowed her to control the money,remained silent while she ranted on a daily basis about how awesome she is,how rich she is,ect,ect. TM once said that SM wears a choke collar and he's fine with it. A narcissist has to be the center of attention. They have to control everything and everyone. Having an affair doesn't make one a narcissist. SM is a total wimp. JMO The first bond hearing is also a great example of TM being a narcissist. She tells the judge that she lost her job "over this" and then she mentions her children. Her loss was put first because everything is about her,always,it has to be. Her own children didn't even top her list. SM remind silent as always.

SM did whatever he deemed necessary to stay in TM's good graces, so he could enjoy the money and lifestyle she and her family provided. SM also exerted control and pushed TM's buttons by stepping out with a 20 year old. His charming exterior gels with the narcissistic personality.

TM strikes me as a borderline (especially her self-description of being "paranoid" and "private"), which is also a narcissistic disorder. Narcissistic men oftentimes marry Borderline women. They share similar core ego wounds from childhood. They complement each other well when they're "on". But the relationship is intense highs and lows, on again off again with both pushing the others buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably common knowledge but .. Did heather post the photo of her driving her dates' truck on IG or Twitter? Did she tweet anything about the date?

If so, then it's really likely that Tammy (or Sid) had noticed this comment. Let's pretend it was Tammy who has seen a tweet about Heather on a date and driving a truck; Tammy then tell Sid in that "Looks like your lil' fling, Heather .. has moved on" and shows him the photo. Sid of course feels the ego/pride bruising and waits till Tammy and him are away from one another .. and he txts Heather to phone him. She phones him and he tells her how he loves her, how he's sorry but how she's hurt him and he can't forgive her.

See the manipulation here?

He hangs up on her, so she calls back several times .. Tammy of course notices this and it becomes an ultimatum of some sort. From there the plan is hatched but I think Tammy has had a loose plan all along and fantasized about this moment enough to know how she wanted to do it .. if she ever did kill Heather.

I really can see it going down this way. We are talking an adult man with arrested development (I don't think anyone can argue that) who suddenly gets back his mojo when a much younger lady .. in the prime of her youth, takes notice. Suddenly he's got this hot young thing that pays attention to him, doesn't ask about the kids, doesn't ask him to do anything around the house, doesn't want for anything ... she ASKS HOW HIS DAY IS, she compliments him .. she gives Sid back his youth, and I promise you Tammy noted the difference.

So what does Tammy do? She tries to complete with it any way she can. When she can't "win" her husband back, she seeks to destroy what she views as her competition.

See, Heather offered an escape to Sid - an ego fluff and an emotional high. Suddenly he mattered, it wasn't all about Tammy or their kids. He was a "man" to Heather, not a financial burden or however he was viewed in their home. He was someone to another person besides "Daddy" or "husband". He came first. Naturally that is going to hurt him a tad when he feels replaced, because I betcha he thought he would always have the ability to go back to Heather .. he viewed her as co-dependent on him, sorta like he was to Tammy. It would be easy for Sid to make Heather cry and pull some stunt to make her emotionally feel desperate to prove to him he does matter, that whatever she had said in the past counts and she didn't "mean" to make him feel less than.

He probably got a rise out of the role reversal that he had in his and Heather's relationship , compared to his home life. He also probably thought he had a "Freebie" to cheat since Tammy had cheated a few years back.

I hope this makes some sense, and yes .. I'm totally projecting because something similar went on in my life (obviously minus the murder).

I totally agree, and what you said goes right along with my theory that SM & TM feed off each other. Their psychological make up is indicative of serious personality disorders. Which does not make them exempt from knowing right and wrong.

Any way its all MOO! :cow:

I understand that however, I'm not the one questioning it.

I apologize, I didn't mean to imply you did. There was a discussion about trash and TE's quote is the closest thing we have to the description of the scene when he arrived at PTL so I put it out there.

"Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.
Other Related Qualities:

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Extreme narcissism and grandiose
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

(The above traits are based on the psychopathy checklists of H. Cleckley and R. Hare.)"

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

I have a couple questions I'm not sure about...

1. Do we know who broke off the relationship? or if it was broke off? *Sidney Moorer claimed he broke it off in Oct. 2013 (no indication if this is true or not), but **the roommate expressed to TE about the relationship ending about a month prior.

2. Do we know if HE knew that SM was married when they started seeing each other? She did know (according to her tweets) except we don't know how far into it or if it was from the beginning.

3. Do we know when it started? Roughly speaking, yes. Tweets from HRE indicate something was brewing as far back as July 2013.

*According to the report, Moorer told police he only told Elvis to quit calling him, but also acknowledged they had a relationship history. He said he broke the relationship off in October 2013, the report said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

**Prior to the Moorers' arrests, Heather's father, Terry Elvis, said police knew his daughter had been romantically linked months ago with a married man she met while working as a restaurant hostess, but the relationship had ended, according to Heather's roommate. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20791253,00.html
Hope this helps. :)

Police do believe that Elvis drove herself to the Peachtree Boat Landing. They don’t think she was abducted from her River Oaks apartment.

Investigators reached that conclusion after reviewing communications Elvis made through social media, but investigators haven’t said why Elvis drove herself to the boat landing.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

She posted something somewhere. Sending her father the photo of her driving a standard shift would not count as a "communication through social media", imo.

I apologize, I didn't mean to imply you did. There was a discussion about trash and TE's quote is the closest thing we have to the description of the scene when he arrived at PTL so I put it out there.

:cheerful: No apology necessary, but appreciated. I think the whole trash thing has been blown up.

It does still bother me and I'll keep it under my hat for now until we see how the whole thing plays out.

:truce:

This is TE's description. Mess doesn't necessarily imply trash. JMO

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

"I unlocked the car as the officer looked over everything. It’s a mess, but it is Heather’s mess. Probably nothing to worry about, I told him. We do a search of the surrounding area and nothing looked alarming or out of the ordinary."
However, I believe this implies her "mess" was the trash indicated in the report. If not, TE would have been alarmed at the "trash" in the car.

Many her age live in their car without a good cleaning daily or even weekly sometimes. They are always in a rush to get somewhere and this means grabbing fast food on the way with nowhere to dispose of the wrappers. Too busy! Work, parties, friends, and life come before cleaning the car.

However, I believe this implies her "mess" was the trash indicated in the report. If not, TE would have been alarmed at the "trash" in the car.

Many her age live in their car without a good cleaning daily or even weekly sometimes. They are always in a rush to get somewhere and this means grabbing fast food on the way with nowhere to dispose of the wrappers. Too busy! Work, parties, friends, and life come before cleaning the car.

Me too. Heck, I'm 41 and still throw my food wrappers in the backseat sometimes. Usually I'm aiming for a mouthy teenager after they've complained about my country music, but it's all the same! :)

This is TE's description. Mess doesn't necessarily imply trash. JMO

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

"I unlocked the car as the officer looked over everything. It’s a mess, but it is Heather’s mess. Probably nothing to worry about, I told him. We do a search of the surrounding area and nothing looked alarming or out of the ordinary."

When I first read this TE quote, I could picture myself or my husband saying the same things of our 21 yr. old daughter. We have another just younger that is the total opposite. But our oldest usually has quite a mess in her car.

SM did whatever he deemed necessary to stay in TM's good graces, so he could enjoy the money and lifestyle she and her family provided. SM also exerted control and pushed TM's buttons by stepping out with a 20 year old. His charming exterior gels with the narcissistic personality.

TM strikes me as a borderline (especially her self-description of being "paranoid" and "private"), which is also a narcissistic disorder. Narcissistic men oftentimes marry Borderline women. They share similar core ego wounds from childhood. They complement each other well when they're "on". But the relationship is intense highs and lows, on again off again with both pushing the others buttons.

could SM be co-dependent also???

We'll have to agree to disagree.

When I first read this TE quote, I could picture myself or my husband saying the same things of our 21 yr. old daughter. We have another just younger that is the total opposite. But our oldest usually has quite a mess in her car.

Ugh, I can relate I have a 20 year old whose car is always a mess usually with coffee cup trash!!

My sister on the other hand, who is 36 and a bar tender also has a mess in her car. So much so that usually there is only enough room for one person to ride with her (in the passenger seat) anywhere. She has a vehicle that seats 6. Her mess is not trash. It is various items of clothes (from changing into or out of work clothes to go elsewhere) it is her drycleaning, it is makeup, it is things her regulars bring to her, it is hairbrushes, flat iron, mirrors, toothbrushes etc etc at a glance it looks like trash but it's not, it's just a mess, her mess :) that's why I can relate to TE saying this about someone who works late nights in the service industry without assuming it is trash even though it may appear to be trash at a glance.

But why? Planning? Digging graves ahead of time? What did this girl do to warrant being murdered? Whom did she threaten/and if TM was so controlling--making SM wear a leash or whatever--why couldn't she just dominate him over to her side again? Planned murder--jointly planned and carried out--I just don't get it. Something is missing.

Did I miss something? Where did the info about SM digging a hole come from?

This is my husband's contribution.... BOTH of these (a word I can't write here) are charged with murder, 1st degree, right? The husband dug a hole out west of the waterway beforehand.

"Premeditated" means the Moorers went to PTL with a plan intact.
They weren't driving around Dec 18th looking for a good spot on the river, they weren't scrambling around their property near their sleeping children to hide HE.

That gap in phone activity between 3:41am - 6am was plenty of time for a short drive.

I always thought the time gap from 3.41am to 6am was the M's driving far away from PTL. TE always believed 3.41am was her last contact with anyone, so I believe it was a connected call. He was oblivious of Heather's phone stilll being active at 6am until the Police Report came out.

LE strongly believe that Heather drove to PTL and at some point was in the M's vehicle. I think they know this through phone pings.
I always thought the gap was due to them driving an hour and a half to 2 hours away from PTL, then Heather's phone had its battery removed at approx 6am. I am doubting this now as LE would have an approximate area of where those pings were and would be concentrating their search at that area. Maybe they are searching an hour and a half away and have kept that well under wraps, but I doubt it.
This leads me to believe that she never left the area of Socastee and immediate surroundings.

I don't believe her disappearance was premeditated enough for a hole to have been dug before the act. I still believe it was premeditated, but that Heather's body was hidden or disposed off in that gap of time or just after the 6am time.
Of course, Heather may still have been compus mentus up until that 6am time then the M's could have still driven a long way away for disposal, but I think that possibility is a low one now.

Some more details may come out on March 17th, but after that I believe the case will be a closed shop until trial time or when one of them buckles and confesses.
People need to realise this case may never make it to trial, or that it could be 3 or 4 years before the trial proper takes place.
That's a long time for the Elvis family to suffer and I feel so sorry for them. Like everyone, I just wish one of the M's would grow a backbone and admit to what they have done and make the Elvis' suffering a little easier to bear.

"Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

-Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
-Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
-Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
-Requires excessive admiration
-Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
-Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
-Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
-Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
-Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes"

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

:tyou:

I think the tv interview tonight will give the M's attorneys even more reason to say that finding a jury and giving a fair trial will be harder. I just hope this will all be over as quickly as possible for the sake of the Elvis family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173