Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can stand at the cockpit doors and look in (and even be invited to sit down), on most flights, BEFORE the plane takes off. Even post 9/11.

I know this because due to my fear of flying (which used to be a phobia), I often ask to talk to the pilots, ask them about weather conditions, possible turbulence, etc., before I sit down. They have ALWAYS been gracious and allowed that. The cockpit is open before the flight takes off. The pilots and flight attendants are very accommodating and friendly. I can easily see them allowing a reporter to pose for photo in the cockpit before takeoff and that should nt be against policy, unless perhaps all the controls are shown.

Oh boy.

RSBM Me too, gitana, many times! I chat with the pilots in the cockpit before every flight I take, even asking to see pictures of their kids lol. For some reason in my mind I think they aren't as apt to be so cavalier with the plane if they have kids :scared: haha. Even surreptitiously sniffing their breath for alcohol, I'm a little nuts like that.

After hearing about the new search into the Indian Ocean, I give up on trying to catch up reading all the great posts.
I had even starting tagging the great maps you all have made so they would be handy.
I guess we will now need a brand new map.
I hope there are beachcombers out over their countries in search of pieces of the plane washing up on shore.
I also hope every mountain and jungle are also being searched.
Just trying to keep up with this every changing scenario in hopes of finding this plane and its 239 passengers and crew.

malaysia just said they believe they have pings that support the idea that the plane flew for another 4-5 hours. they had been denying this last i had seen, now they agree with the WSJ report it appears.

just reported on CNN.

No they dont. Yes they do. There is no truth to that. That is true. That is inaccurate. It's accurate. No it isn't. Yes it is. ARRRGGG!!!!:tantrum:

malaysia just said they believe they have pings that support the idea that the plane flew for another 4-5 hours. they had been denying this last i had seen, now they agree with the WSJ report it appears.

just reported on CNN.

Would it have been able to fly until it used up the fuel? Is that from where the 4-5 hour figure is coming?

Would it have been able to fly until it used up the fuel? Is that from where the 4-5 hour figure is coming?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (as if I have to ask :floorlaugh:) but from what I understand the plane had a total of 8 hours worth of fuel, depending on altitude and other factors.

Weird question but would it be common knowledge how much fuel a plane has on a specific flight? If the plane was hijacked, could the hijackers have thought there would be more fuel onboard?

Searching the Indian Ocean almost suggests the US thinks it crashed out there. Perhaps that means they think it was a catastrophic electrical failure or decompression where the plane just flew until it ran out of fuel. But if it was hijacked, why fly the plane into the middle of the Indian Ocean and crash when on it's current flight path, there were any number of targets.

If all planes in flight at the same time can be accounted for before and after last ATC contact with the Malaysian plane, then the plane pinged going the other way would seem to have to be from the missing plane. At least that is how my mind sees it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (as if I have to ask :floorlaugh:) but from what I understand the plane had a total of 8 hours worth of fuel, depending on altitude and other factors.

That's what I thought also - about 7 1/2 or 8 hrs.

My guess is that the one more communication received after 1:30am - that one last engine ping or whatever - was 4 hrs later. It seems now that instead of continuously tracking it for 4 hrs, it may have sent out the one communication to Rolls Royce that the US picked up. Since there must've not been another one (it hasn't been mentioned?), I'm assuming that that's the reason the US thinks it may have crashed, or may have landed.

(I'm going to make the assumption that it doesn't ping when turned off, hence - it could've crashed OR it could've landed).

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57...-in-satellite-image-search-for-missing-plane/

"Web collects 650K clues in satellite-image search for missing plane

Thanks to Tomnod users, every pixel from available satellite images has been scanned by human eyes at least 30 times".

Wow! That is excellent news!

Well, I think. I know I clicked a lot of stuff, guess everyone else was clicking away too. No way to know what it is. :blushing::blushing:

Looks like no luck yet though. They are adding more. Keep clicking!:

The search, however, won't stop. DigitalGlobe plans to add 14,000 square kilometers of satellite shots in the next 24 hours and is tracking developments to determine where to place its satellites next. Fresh images from the Straight of Malacca, where the aircraft may have lost contact, will be uploaded to the platform shortly, Har-Noy said.

Theories..
Most hopeful bbm...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...t-mh370-the-leading-theories/article17476999/
"The plane flew for four hours after radar contact was lost

The Wall Street Journal reported a new theory on Thursday morning. It claimed that even after manual communication with the plan was lost, automated and routine data transmissions from the plane’s engines to their manufacturer Rolls Royce continued to be received for several hours. If true, that could mean the plane travelled 3,000 kilometres from its last known point. Unfortunately, these transmissions contain only data concerning the engines’ performance – not location. In either case, Malaysian authorities have dismissed the possibility these data transmissions actually occurred.

[/B]

snipped and bbm:
SEE - this just sets off my "hinky" meter - WHY is that the first response to every shred of evidence, every reported sighting, every possibility? The Malaysian authorities have no control over what RR does and does have related to data transmissions.

The NORMAL response if they wanted help to find this plane should be "Great news, lets coordinate what you've got and see how it fits with what we have and try to figure our another place to search......"

I've said it before - The families are showing great restraint in only throwing water bottles at these people. I don't know all that is going on but I know enough to figure that finding this airplane is NOT their first priority!! IMHO

just reported on CNN.

sigh, i was waiting for that. I have no idea what or who to believe any more buty have noticed malaysia agreeing with things said after a day or so

Wonder how Malaysia officials were convinced on the additional pings from the engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2