Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there much flight traffic across the Indian Ocean?

yes- ACARS was turned off first

At this point I don't see how anyone can believe that this was all just a tremendous pile of coincidences piled one on top of the other on top of the other. We know that there were at least 13 minutes of lucidity between the turning off of the two communications systems, and we know that the plane was flying at proper altitude when the 2nd one, the transponder was shut down. There's no way to blame rapid and unexpected decompression for that.

The airliners message board has just posted the following I just wanted to point it out and ask if anyone had seen any information about this.

User currently onlineLTC8K6 From United States of America, joined Jun 2009, 736 posts, RR: 0
Reply 221, posted Fri Mar 14 2014 01:57:45 your local time (7 minutes 46 secs ago) and read 1273 times:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/e...ence/our-fleet/boeing-777-200.html

Says that business class has SAT phones?

Is that actually the case?

For the life of me, I cannot think of a single plausible scenario where hijackers could successfully subdue 239 passengers without a single cell phone switching on. This would lead me to believe that if a hijacking had taken place, the passengers were never aware that they had been hijacked.

Ok... phew, caught up now!

Now MH370 could of made it to Pakistan?

At this point I don't see how anyone can believe that this was all just a tremendous pile of coincidences piled one on top of the other on top of the other. We know that there were at least 13 minutes of lucidity between the turning off of the two communications systems, and we know that the plane was flying at proper altitude when the 2nd one, the transponder was shut down. There's no way to blame rapid and unexpected decompression for that.

Agreed.
BBM: seems to me, the 13 minutes is easily explained by WHERE each has to be turned off, IYKWIM... at 35,000 Ft, one only has 30-60 seconds before passing out due to decompression too

For the life of me, I cannot think of a single plausible scenario where hijackers could successfully subdue 239 passengers without a single cell phone switching on. This would lead me to believe that if a hijacking had taken place, the passengers were never aware that they had been hijacked.

Can GPS be turned off one way?

For example, which would be why calls could have been made to MH370 and calls could not be made out? IDK.

Can tomnod be used to search the jungle, too? I don't find it clearly arranged, tbh.

Where can ATC be viewed for flights across the Indian Ocean.?

I wonder how the passengers would have been prevented from trying to use their cell phone or ipad to send a message once the plane went off course. It is plausible that they may not have been aware that they were off course at first, but even if a hijacker took all of their phones it would be hard to prevent someone from sending a message once they saw the other passengers phones being taken up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think cell phones are usable over the ocean.

If the decompression causes or was caused by extreme system failure?
Also, I can't yet trust any information but out there. It keeps being retracted, etc.

"Not really. I've been watching for a couple hours and they have multiple experts with multiple theories. No consensus. For example, Bill Nye seems to think the original search area wasn't searched well enough and seems skeptical about actual data showing the plane was in the Indian Ocean. "

i was not talking about what their talking heads were saying, they had a report from barbara starr that quoted a US official. it is linked on this page now.

Is there any reception in that part of the ocean? If it is remote enough, even 239 people with cell phones wouldn't have made any difference. I also find it hard to believe the pilot flew way off course for hours with no explanation to anyone for the purpose of crashing the plane.

Hearing about the axe is interesting - certainly he wouldn't have been able to lock everyone out of the cockpit for a long period of time if that's true.

Hi, all. Very bizarre situation. This may be a stupid question, but certainly the transponder is not the only way the plane is seen on radar. If that were the case, any one who was flying a plane they did not want seen, such as "enemies" would only need turn it off, and viola, no detection. They must be seen on radar somewhere whether the transponder is on or not. For example, how would the United States detect enemies coming in to our country to attack us, if this was the only way to see them on radar? I hope my question is clear, tried to make it understandable. Thanks, all, and thank you Websleuths for giving us this forum. This is one very strange situation. Katt

I guess that's why they think it's somewhere deep in the Indian Ocean, there's nothing out there, no other place to land, no other planes.

That really is the only reasonable explanation for such a scenario. Anywhere else it would be detected as having landed somewhere or if it had crashed onto land.

Is such a scenario as what happened to the plane carrying golfer Payne Stewart possible? It continued it's flight approximately 1500 miles after those aboard were either unconscious or dead.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9911/23/stewart.crash.03/

The only other alternative, it appears, is a hijacking.

MOO

BBM ~ Exactly. Most people have cell phones and it a FA walked into the cockpit and noticed something suspicious wouldn't a call or 2 be made?

I'm not a FA, but if I walked in and the crew's behavior is suspicious, I would not shake it off.

With that being said, a couple of things:

1. Maybe the Captain/Co had specific rules not allowing anyone in?
2. Maybe since everything looks the same, no one thought they were off course?

Remember the 9/11 flights? Many passengers called loved ones, flight attendants called their home offices, ect when the planes were hijacked.

Why have we not heard of any calls coming from this flight if there was a problem?

There is some question about whether cell-phones would work on the plane. Apparently it did not have the equipment necessary to get a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname