Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

But you wouldn't turn off the transponder and ACARS if you were in genuine trouble...

I don't believe this was decompression, I fully believe it was hijacked.
I am just clarifying the things being said that are incorrect so they don't get repeated many many times forever. :seeya:

No, one of our pilots said there is a microphone in the oxygen mask..
. so that wouldn't explain the mumbling.

Last night I watched Helios Flight 522 which was a decompression - auto pilot - crash because they ran out of fuel.
The flight attendant who had a pilots license attempted to save the plane (he used the extra oxygen to stay conscious.)
He called for mayday several times but it wasn't heard until they found the black boxes.
The radio was still connected to the previous airport, so no one heard his mayday.
He was not mumbling, but was very quiet for what it's worth.

Why would you even tell your family you were going to start a new life?
Why not say you were going on vacation?
None of the 9/11 hijackers had family waiting for them on the other end of the flight.
I see no reason to involve your Mom in the whole thing, making her think you were moving there.

Even then I would think the microphone in the mask wouldn't make one's voice as clear and could sound like mumbling.

All right, good night, is not important.

Every flight I have been on, the language is normal, comfortable, accented, via the area. There is nothing abnormal in all right, good night. No code.

News is lacking, military is looking and nothing to report, so news is making issues where there are none for pay and interest. Good to keep up interest since so many are gone, but making mountains out of grains is not helpful to those that lost loved ones, 239 lost loved ones with many family members willing to hold onto whatever made up comment, when they know their loved one is dead. Not nice.............

Maybe I should mention that my husband has traveled to Malaysia quite a few times to set up call centers for a computer company. He really liked it there, he said the people were very friendly and the scenery (especially the old temples) was incredibly beautiful. However, like many expanding countries he has been to, corruption is rampant. It is part of the culture and money talks if you know what I mean. It does not surprise me that people boarded the plane with fake passports or that cargo was not inspected. People can be paid to look the other way and it is very common there.

That is a scary thought.

You mean 03/03/14.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If you're referring to the date format remember that America and Belize are pretty much the only countries that use solely that format. Everywhere else in the world uses dd/mm/yyyy

Can someone give me insight into the reason the plane would have climbed to 45,000 feet in the first place? If it was hijacked, why would hijacker demand this?

If you're referring to the date format you'll find that America and Belize are pretty much the only countries that use solely that format. Everywhere else in the world uses dd/mm/yyyy

Oh yea... Forgot.. My bad.. Sorry.. Thanx

:seeya: I know I know!!

It happened when another plane in the air tried to contact the Malaysian plane in between the shutdown of the 2 communication devices.

I also know that sometimes when the control tower is unable to contact a plane, they will ask another plane to try and make contact on another frequency. I believe this is called squawking...I think

I thought the request that the other pilot attempt to make contact was prompted by loss of ground communication with the plane - after the transponder was shut off. I believe (based on absolutely nothing) that there are ground to plane frequencies and also plane to plane frequencies. When ATC realized the plane was missing and couldn't reach it on their frequencies, they asked a nearby plane to see if he could reach it on the plane to plane frequency. All he got back was mumbling - I'm wondering why he even got that, why didn't whoever was in control of the plane simply ignore the radio rather than attempt to respond?

No, she means March 8, 2014.
The plane went missing on the 8th, why would we look on the 3rd?

8/3/2014 day before month, that is how they write the date in Malaysia (and many other places.)

Absolutely.
I have seen a few crashes now where an off duty pilot or stewardess assisted. :twocents:

Right sorry... I forgot the format... My bad.

I don't believe this was decompression, I fully believe it was hijacked.
I am just clarifying the things being said that are incorrect so they don't get repeated many many times forever. :seeya:

Retweeted by James Chau
CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 13h
@jameschau reports from Kuala Lumpur that Malaysian officials have confirmed that #MH370 was hijacked & steered off course.

https://twitter.com/jameschau

I am just catching up on the thread (stayed up watching BBC world news, waiting for Malaysia PM to get his butt in gear :facepalm:) so I am late to join today. So if this has been posted please forgive, I will delete if I see it is duped.

Not earth shattering, just posting a pic of what Scottndianner saw :seeya:
I think these have all been tagged and checked, but I tagged it again anyway.

View attachment 41906

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/167815

When was this pic taken
Looks like a ship to me..

Can someone give me insight into the reason the plane would have climbed to 45,000 feet in the first place? If it was hijacked, why would hijacker demand this?

I personally think it sounds like a struggle in the *advertiser censored* pit. :twocents:

Others think it was taken to 45,000 feet and the passenger oxygen turned off.
It would certainly be the easiest way to subdue all of the passengers and crew... :scared:

I thought the request that the other pilot attempt to make contact was prompted by loss of ground communication with the plane - after the transponder was shut off. I believe (based on absolutely nothing) that there are ground to plane frequencies and also plane to plane frequencies. When ATC realized the plane was missing and couldn't reach it on their frequencies, they asked a nearby plane to see if he could reach it on the plane to plane frequency. All he got back was mumbling - I'm wondering why he even got that, why didn't whoever was in control of the plane simply ignore the radio rather than attempt to respond?

I know I read that it was another plane ......I guess I just ASSumed :truce:
That means there was a frequency to make some kind of contact on. I thought that this type of mumbling was the same as what they refer to as squawking but my brain is so fried. Anyway, I guess only another pilot would know if the sounds were unusual or just a messed up connection. whew!

Intermezzo,
The date on that pic was 3/11/14 3:44 am.
I believe those are the South China Sea tiles.

Yes, from your link and also the one I posted, it does seem on the surface like they were just wanting to get into Europe for "new" lives.

But also, we don't know the whole story. IF and big IF they are terrorists, it really doens't matter whether the mom was waiting for them in Germany or not. IF and big IF they had a plan, they were going to go through with that plan.

Also, for example, the 911 hijackers, everyone is US who had contact with them described them as nice and quiet poeole. I doubt they would have told this friend anything.

This is just speculation and JMO.

IMO, the Iranians have nothing to do with this.

Iranians arrive/depart countries that do not require a visa for example: Malaysia (see link below), then they leave that way etc. Iranians are not accepted in many countries with their passports (only 45 compared to 170 for Canadians) :eek:, so they find a ways to leave via countries that they are allowed in.

Iranians want "new" lives because they want to leave Iran, not create chaos.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Iranian_citizens"]Visa requirements for Iranian citizens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

They are saying the plane veered off path and took a completely different path. That is not auto-pilot. Whether the plane really did veer off-course, who knows. But I don't think even the US gov't would confirm this if it was not true.

agreed
Experts/analysts are saying that for the plane to make the deliberate turn that it did means someone was piloting the plane

Ok, if the plane was still flying at 8am AND landed somewhere, wouldn't there have been other people wherever it landed? Like other planes boarding, or landing? How could it have landed somewhere and no one seen it, or known about it?

Search area has expanded....
4uqa8aze.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! You left me out!!

Imagined song titles come to mind ~ lol!

'Population of One'

'My World It has Four Corners'

ACARS turned off.
Transponder turned off.
Handoff to Vietnamese air controller "Alright. Good night." Which apparently isn't normally what pilots usually say. MIGHT be verbal highjack code, but we won't know because each country has their own verbal code, and don't want that code known to terrorists.

Per CNN right now.

I never understood the significance of reporting this other than a 'poignant' last sign off. Didn't seem particularly odd to me but then I didn't really think about there being a sign-off protocol.

If it is code for hijacking (in any country), I think we would have heard about it by now, if only from an 'unofficial source'. But even if it is, why would the Malaysian Government release this information to the media? The only reason I can think of would be to send a message to the hijackers

Ok, if the plane was still flying at 8am AND landed somewhere, wouldn't there have been other people wherever it landed? Like other planes boarding, or landing? How could it have landed somewhere and no one seen it, or known about it?

IF it landed, and I do not think it did, that part is easy given the territory the fuel could have taken it too.

There would be no other flights to board. It would happen in unpopulated areas.

The landing strip would have been "homemade" by whomever wanted a 777.

The only people that would know would be the ones wanting the 777. The passengers would be murdered in some way. So, no contact or knowledge outside the group that wanted a 777.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member