Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada will sometimes use the dd/mm/yyyy format and it gets really confusing.
Especially on food items. I always have to think for a minute to figure out what format they've decided to use :floorlaugh:

But for the most part, we use mm/dd/yyyy.

since moving back to Canada from the US I noticed both date formats being used and it confused me..
I guess it shows the influence from UK and USA

media will create scandalous headlines. Its what they do. And we always hate it. This case is no different.

My mindset is that everything is just as suspicious as the next thing but until we know what happened we won't know whether this that or the other thing about this flight or the people on it were actually suspicious or not.

So my intention is to continue to post respectfully about all occupants of the plane til we have those answers.

My most hated headline was "$10 app can find plane". Read article and it was all "well, could have, but won't".

I haven't kept up, but am hearing a 24m bit of wreckage has been located, but it's unknown as yet if it is plane debris or yet another overboarded bit of flotsam from some cargo ship yet again?

If people would stop using the ocean as a giant trash can it would really have a lot of benefits to the world, in all sorts of ways.

That would be correct.
Satelittes picked up 2 large pieces of debris.

Five aircraft will be involved in today’s search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

A Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orion departed for the search area at around 9.15am AEST.

A civil Gulfstream jet and a second RAAF P3 Orion is due to depart for the search area at approximately 11am AEST.

A third RAAF P3 Orion is due to depart for the search area at approximately 1pm AEST.

The United States Navy P8 Poseidon aircraft is due to depart for the search area at approximately 4pm.

Due to the distance to and from the search area, the aircraft involved have an endurance of approximately 2 hours of search time.

One merchant vessel is currently in the search area. A second merchant vessel is due to arrive tonight.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/mh370-search-for-missing-plane-resumes-at-daybreak-live

I hope while this area is searched, some kind of searches are done in other areas in case this falls through. May need to search Antartica!

Weather man on AC CNN saying they have good search weather for today. I thought other news outlets were saying bad weather sending planes back. crazy!

Five aircraft will be involved in today’s search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

A Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orion departed for the search area at around 9.15am AEST.

A civil Gulfstream jet and a second RAAF P3 Orion is due to depart for the search area at approximately 11am AEST.

A third RAAF P3 Orion is due to depart for the search area at approximately 1pm AEST.

The United States Navy P8 Poseidon aircraft is due to depart for the search area at approximately 4pm.
Due to the distance to and from the search area, the aircraft involved have an endurance of approximately 2 hours of search time.

One merchant vessel is currently in the search area. A second merchant vessel is due to arrive tonight.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/mh370-search-for-missing-plane-resumes-at-daybreak-live

BBM

Wow, 2 hour search time. I had no idea. That is not a lot of search time, well, it is to the pilots I'm sure - and fuel, heat if that is an issue, but there is a lot of area to cover. Didn't realize the distance was that far to the search area either.

(Geographically challenged here.)

Yes, I know. There is also an Alert button. ty

What may be disrespectful or inappropriate to you might be seen as useful information to others.

Is it fair for any one poster (besides mods) to control the discussion on the whole thread?

Agreed, but it baffles me how many people don't actually try to learn more. Especially people who have the interest and awareness to be a politician, reporter, Websleuths member, or cable news "expert." I love learning more about all sorts of topics, but few people do - they especially don't seem to have a grasp on history and what problems are actually new or unusual. We repeat the same mistakes over and over again as a result. Not to say that history doesn't show actual conspiracies that we need to look out for, but it shows a lot more tragic incidents as a result of simple human fallibility.

Yes, this is what I always say to my husband. We are SO incredibly lucky- we have all of the information of the world at our feet, it is ours for the taking. If you can read, if you have access the internet, there is no excuse to be uneducated, narrow minded, uninformed.... If it is knowable, we can now know it. We don't have the excuse now of "I don't know any pilots to ask", all of that information is out there. We can't say "I don't have any Indian (or any other culture) friends, how would I know that is offensive".

Even when we watch a tv show and see a face we recognise but can't remember, google has the answer. Which is what my husband and I most commonly use google for:floorlaugh:

good night all, be nice :)
hoping for some news in the morning

AMSA has just released its latest update, stating that two more aircraft were due to depart for the search area a short time ago (30 minutes ago)>
The civil Gulfstream jet and a second RAAF P3 Orion will take over the search from the RAAF P3 Orion that set out two hours ago.
Due to the distance to and from the search area (about a four-hour flight each way), each aircraft will only have about two hours of search time.
AMSA says a total of five aircraft will be involved in today's search, with a third RAAF P3 Orion due to depart about 1pm AEDT.
A United States Navy P8 Poseidon will set off for the search area about 4pm AEDT.
One merchant vessel is currently in the search area, with a second due to arrive tonight.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-...plane-mh370-20140321-356k3.html#ixzz2wYJ9L9Zg

I personally hope they were all gone. I can't think of anthing worse than flying around for 7 hours not knowing what was going on. Ghost plane, zombie plane who cares. jmo

I haven't heard either term used but then I can't read and listen at the same time let alone post/reply.

What may be disrespectful or inappropriate to you might be seen as useful information to others.

Is it fair for any one poster (besides mods) to control the discussion on the whole thread?

Please. I am not trying to control anything. But, conspiracy theories, especially when compared to Bin Laden. This is not even logical. I believe the news reports especially when there are so many countries involved. Why would they lie and expend so much money if it weren't true? Sorry, just want to find this airplane. That's all and don't want to hear all the other theories that are negative. Sorry!! jmo

I misread the keeping up their kits. I thought it read kilts which really confused me :floorlaugh::blushing:

AMSA has just released its latest update, stating that two more aircraft were due to depart for the search area a short time ago (30 minutes ago)>
The civil Gulfstream jet and a second RAAF P3 Orion will take over the search from the RAAF P3 Orion that set out two hours ago.
Due to the distance to and from the search area (about a four-hour flight each way), each aircraft will only have about two hours of search time.
AMSA says a total of five aircraft will be involved in today's search, with a third RAAF P3 Orion due to depart about 1pm AEDT.
A United States Navy P8 Poseidon will set off for the search area about 4pm AEDT.
One merchant vessel is currently in the search area, with a second due to arrive tonight.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-...plane-mh370-20140321-356k3.html#ixzz2wYJ9L9Zg

RBBM, Forensics. If it takes 4 hours to get there, I don't understand why they are sending the last two out so late. The Navy P8 Poseidon wouldn't even reach the search area until 8pm ~ well after dark.

Anyone?

Cold medicine getting to you? I know that Alkaseltzer Cold Plus gives me very vivid dreams! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: (Not of upturned kilt variety though, sadly.):floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Ahhh that's it. Cold meds :seeya: Best dreams I ever had was on the Nicotine patch. Yes there were upturned kilts :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberthatch