Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why hit that bldg in the middle of the night?

:floorlaugh: BBM ~ It drives me crazy!

Didn’t they finally standardize it for cheques at least? I’m too impatient to wait for cheques, so I don’t use them anymore, but I’m sure I remember hearing something about standardizing the date format on cheques a few years ago. Maybe I dreamed that up :laughitup:

Back to the topic at hand before I get spanked - I never cease to be amazed at how the media can create new “news” out of no news. They’ve been regurgitating the same snippets for the days; adding new tag lines and interviewing different “experts” and people just eat it up.

I’ve been reading here (as a timesuck), but I’ve pledged to only actually read the news once a day, and to never watch it on tv until this mystery is solved. :laughitup:

I think it’s pretty great that merchant vessels have joined the search though.

I personally hope they were all gone. I can't think of anthing worse than flying around for 7 hours not knowing what was going on. Ghost plane, zombie plane who cares. jmo

I was thinking calling it a "zombie plane" is a little extreme and not appropriate for this unless your planning on writing a script or a book. JMO.

Please. I am not trying to control anything. But, conspiracy theories, especially when compared to Bin Laden. This is not even logical. I believe the news reports especially when there are so many countries involved. Why would they lie and expend so much money if it weren't true? Sorry, just want to find this airplane. That's all and don't want to hear all the other theories that are negative. Sorry!! jmo

Kind of tough when the thread is FOR people to discuss their theories. There could be other websites that only have positive stories, though. I'm sure that would be the kind of website the family members would want to go to, right?

RBBM, Forensics. If it takes 4 hours to get there, I don't understand why they are sending the last two out so late. The Navy P8 Poseidon wouldn't even reach the search area until 8pm ~ well after dark.

Anyone?

It specializes in night searches.

Weather man on AC CNN saying they have good search weather for today. I thought other news outlets were saying bad weather sending planes back. crazy!

The city of Perth where the planes take off from, is/was
having bad weather. The weather in the actual search area is good. So the ships in the area can search presently but the planes are/were unable to fly to the area safely.

Four aircraft from Australia and one US Navy plane will search the area for debris. Headline currently on CNN.

No idea when the five planes will be searching - tomorrow? Is it today in Australia now? lol! I have Thursday night where I am, early evening.

RBBM, Forensics. If it takes 4 hours to get there, I don't understand why they are sending the last two out so late. The Navy P8 Poseidon wouldn't even reach the search area until 8pm ~ well after dark.

Anyone?

The Poseidon has night search and infrared capabilities (and much more that I do not remember off the top of my head), probably saving that one to do the "dark" searching.

ETA- If it is the P-8A version, it is even more bad***-

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/defense-space/military/p8a/

http://www.ibtimes.com/boeing-p-8a-...ckage-missing-malaysia-airlines-mh370-1561973

I posted info about all it could do about 50 threads ago (well, OK, maybe 2-3, but if feels like 50), just too tired to go find it :facepalm:

Weather man on AC CNN saying they have good search weather for today. I thought other news outlets were saying bad weather sending planes back. crazy!

I think the weather in Perth/Pearce was terrible but that they were expecting goo weather at the search site. But then I also heard that there was a lot of lightning at the search site too.

Please. I am not trying to control anything. But, conspiracy theories, especially when compared to Bin Laden. This is not even logical. I believe the news reports especially when there are so many countries involved. Why would they lie and expend so much money if it weren't true? Sorry, just want to find this airplane. That's all and don't want to hear all the other theories that are negative. Sorry!! jmo

But most are negative. At this point in time, the chances of a happy ending are pretty slim. With no answers as to what happened, there's going to be lots of speculation-most with negative results.

If there is one good thing I can say at this point it is pretty amazing all these nations have come together for a common cause.

having bad weather. The weather in the actual search area is good. So the ships in the area can search presently but the planes are/were unable to fly to the area safely.

Four aircraft from Australia and one US Navy plane will search the area for debris. Headline currently on CNN.

No idea when the five planes will be searching - tomorrow? Is it today in Australia now? lol! I have Thursday night where I am, early evening.

Friday morning in Australia now

When it is Thursday evening here in the U.S., it is already the next morning in Australia.

Since Day 2, the conspiracy theories started, and I personally learned alot about aviation, geography etc.

The news hasn't reported anything, IMO! We are open to every single possibility and that is why we are on WS. ;)

Anyone?

Good point. Maybe he's faster. Also, they're flying west (into the future) - it's 1500 miles so maybe it's 2 hours earlier when he arrives with some day lite IYKWIM? And since he's supposedly the highest tech plane, maybe he can work his search in the dark with his equipment? But good Q.

Yes, it is almost 9am Friday. :seeya:

It's Friday morning in Perth, 21st march.

hey they have never had a story with so much air time to fill that does not move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All of em have not been journalists love anderson even he has let me down in this story

Love how CNN is naming this the "Zombie Plane". :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

Easy peasy for me being EST. Fast forward 12 hrs.

It's Friday morning in Perth, 21st march.
OK can we do it this way pls last night was 312 in the AM !! Is anything going to happen in like lets go for 5 hours any planes ships anyone know

cause last night was like its gonna be a great second act and it pooped out!

The Poseidon has night search and infrared capabilities (and much more that I do not remember off the top of my head), probably saving that one to do the "dark" searching.

ETA- If it is the P-8A version, it is even more bad***-

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/defense-space/military/p8a/

http://www.ibtimes.com/boeing-p-8a-...ckage-missing-malaysia-airlines-mh370-1561973

I posted info about all it could do about 50 threads ago (well, OK, maybe 2-3, but if feels like 50), just too tired to go find it :facepalm:

It is the P-8A , it's out of NAS Jacksonville, FL division. Reporter on radio was speaking to someone on that plane this morning. Can't wait to hear their report in the morning.

It truly is unreal not only is this gonna have a chapter in history books, it will have a chapter in journaism classes, it will have a chapter in political science

it really is stunning

Easy peasy for me being EST. Fast forward 12 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname