Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. Ommmmggggg. Was the timing of this announcement just to get the families out of the hotel???????????

This was announced a week ago...about the hotel being booked. Not today.

Angry Chinese at the Malaysian embassy demanding answers...and press conference in less than twenty minutes. Things are busy all the sudden. Gotta say, there's nothing like Twitter for real-time news.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 1h

Outside Malaysian embassy in Beijing. Dozens of police waiting pic.twitter.com/4p7AAH1E9t

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 37m

Not everyday Chinese authorities allow a demonstration on the streets of Beijing #MH370 pic.twitter.com/G0nhFXfqxT

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 6m

Families outside Malaysian embassy demanding ambassador come out, tell the truth, and return their loved ones #MH370 pic.twitter.com/tzMKVABWE5

I can see the demon goat now that you pointed it out. The Grim Reaper is all I see if I don't focus my eyes on the Earth or the goat though.

AU conference delayed, but don't know why. Afraid it's gonna happen at same time as the Malaysian one!

I am kind of bothered that I saw "demon goat" before the more obvious grim reaper :facepalm:

Does anyone else see it?

350tiqu.jpg

Y'all are cracking me up! Thanks for the much needed giggles.

Angry Chinese at the Malaysian embassy demanding answers...and press conference in less than twenty minutes. Things are busy all the sudden. Gotta say, there's nothing like Twitter for real-time news.

Outside Malaysian embassy in Beijing. Dozens of police waiting pic.twitter.com/4p7AAH1E9t

Families outside Malaysian embassy demanding ambassador come out, tell the truth, and return their loved ones #MH370 pic.twitter.com/tzMKVABWE5

I feel awful for these familys. What if the
truth is they just dont know.
They cant return their loved ones.

Awful,in the worst way.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 2m

Bottles of water being thrown into embassy compound. small number relatives try to storm the embassy. Held back by police.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 7m

"If you have guts to film, come out and film. You b*****d. Animal." "Malaysian government is rubbish!"

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 8m

Someone on second floor of Malaysian embassy was filming protest below. Angers crowd further.

Whilst we are waiting for the press conferences, I have just been shopping and to my surprise my local supermarket had mangosteens! I couldn't believe it as I have never seen them before and have been wondering lots about them.

So of course I had to buy one and I have it currently floating in a large bowl of water. My family will think I have gone mad when they see it but you guys will understand. Most of it is below the water and only a small amount above the water. It is also a lot smaller than I imagined, maybe a bit bigger than a golf ball, about 5 cms in diameter. It's very dark purple and light weight. Hard skin so may take a while to become waterlogged and sink. I Dont think they will be finding any mangosteens in the water as it will be too hard to see them if they are still floating.

I am sorry these families are having such a terrible time...but I hope they do not really believe the people are alive and that they can simply be returned...

I believe the plane crashed in that ocean and the question is now why, not if. And with all plane crashes...it can take a very long time to determine the "why". I hope at some point soon the proof of the plane crashing is clear, and that they eventually realize that the waiting involved to find out why is inevitable...not just a Malaysian flaw...jmo.

Thank u to all of the countries helping out, as the defense minister just stated.

OMG, no answers again.
A 777 spokesman. Does he sell used cars too.

The Australian Defence Minister David Johnston is just giving a press conference to thank all the crews and teams that have joined in the search. The site is in an extremely remote part of the world and it is a massive logistical exercise to search the area.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 2m

Bottles of water being thrown into embassy compound. small number relatives try to storm the embassy. Held back by police.

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 7m

"If you have guts to film, come out and film. You b*****d. Animal." "Malaysian government is rubbish!"

Philip Wen ‏@PhilipWen11 8m

Someone on second floor of Malaysian embassy was filming protest below. Angers crowd further.

This is really a untenable situation.

The Australian Defence Minister David Johnston is just giving a press conference to thank all the crews and teams that have joined in the search. The site is in an extremely remote part of the world and it is a massive logistical exercise to search the area.

Not many islands in that region and the weather is very windy and stormy.

Defence Minister David Johnson speaking now. Thanking everyone involved in the search, extremely remote part of the world, 2500km from Perth, which is already remote. Thanking all of the countries for their assistance. Just had lunch with China, Korea, Japan .. long hard road ahead, horrendous weather, PM announced visa fees waived for relatives of passengers and crew and will be welcomed. Amazing example of international cooperation .. shout out to everyone visiting Perth for the search. Most remote part of the planet.

Reporter questions now.

Reminds everyone no part of the plane has been recovered.

Satellite is what we have to go on, and rely on that and that's what we've been doing. He is 'confident' that MH370 is in Indian Ocean.

'It's a mystery and until we recover and identify a piece of debris everything is speculation.'

Reminds everyone how remote and dangerous this part of the ocean is.

Everything we have 'you' know about, and because of bad weather delays in getting better imagery or sightings etc < paraphrasing.

Whilst we are waiting for the press conferences, I have just been shopping and to my surprise my local supermarket had mangosteens! I couldn't believe it as I have never seen them before and have been wondering lots about them.

So of course I had to buy one and I have it currently floating in a large bowl of water. My family will think I have gone mad when they see it but you guys will understand. Most of it is below the water and only a small amount above the water. It is also a lot smaller than I imagined, maybe a bit bigger than a golf ball, about 5 cms in diameter. It's very dark purple and light weight. Hard skin so may take a while to become waterlogged and sink. I Dont think they will be finding any mangosteens in the water as it will be too hard to see them if they are still floating.

Interesting!! Did you know they were illegal in the US until 2007?!
http://www.delish.com/food-fun/banned-food#slide-4

David Johnston has confirmed that they have not yet recovered any debris that has been spotted earlier via satellite or through visual sighting. He has explained why the search was suspended today due to the savage weather conditions which are whipping up 30 metre waves.

David Johnston has confirmed that they have not yet recovered any debris that has been spotted earlier via satellite or through visual sighting. He has explained why the search was suspended today due to the savage weather conditions which are whipping up 30 metre waves. Until we recover debris everything is purely speculation.

I do not see how anyone can think that with the massive amount of search vessels ready to search as soon as they can, that there is any "conspiracy" about the belief that the plane is there. I think it is very difficult for people to understand the sheer size of the area...as this minister is trying to make clear. JMO

David Johnston has confirmed that they have not yet recovered any debris that has been spotted earlier via satellite or through visual sighting. He has explained why the search was suspended today due to the savage weather conditions which are whipping up 30 metre waves.

30 meter waves is 98.4 feet waves! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member