GUILTY CT - Maren Sanchez, 16, fatally stabbed, Milford, 25 April 2014

So sad. It scares me that the signs point to this being pre-meditated; he brought the knife from home, she had a boyfriend...something tells me this killer has had problems with feeling entitled to others in the past. I wonder if he wanted that "no" all along...

or because he brought a kitchen knife from home so he was anticipating being rejected and ready to kill her when that happened

I'm sure he'll be declared mentally incompetent or something

He's undergoing an "emergency" psychiatric commitment which is expected to last two weeks. The wheels are in motion for an insanity defense.

Maren's attacker expected to face charges as an adult. Article touches on possible motives, but LE has not confirmed them (suspect name redacted for the post, but published in linked article until I hear back from the Mods re: posting his name)

(Snip)

One student, another junior who asked that his name be withheld, said that (suspect) was "not easy to really know" but that Sanchez had reached out to him.

"She was always nice to him, I mean she was nice to everyone," the student said, standing outside the high school on Saturday. "Maybe he saw it as something else."

"I don't know why he'd flip out," Golden said. "It's just a dance."

A Jonathan Law parent said Friday that Sanchez had "a steady boyfriend who was always going to go to the prom with her. That was a given."

The parent, who asked not be be identified, said his daughter suspects Maren was targeted because she was attentive to (suspect).

"She wouldn't be surprised that this kid got fixated on Maren because she was the only one to lend an ear over the years," he said.

More@Link

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80012645/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, women being harassed, attacked, or even killed because they turned a guy down is not that uncommon. In this case, they were both teenagers, but this same scenario could have played out over any type of date, not just prom. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the stranger murders we see on here, involved the victim rejecting the killer's advances.

Image via linked article:

me8a6a4a.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/2...-dies-after-reportedly-being-stabbed-in-prom/

#RIPMaren

What is wrong with these teenagers who resort to violence when they are rejected?

There is no thought for the consequences of their actions.

It seems the only thing on their mind is revenge for a perceived rejection. JMOO

pa5a5uny.jpg

#RIPMaren
:rose:

(Image via nymag.com - byline states it's from Maren's YouTube account)

NYM's "story" printed an update listing the suspect as her ex, :no: with a link back to the NYDN article I posted upthread. I clicked the link, and nowhere does it state that. :banghead:

In fact, all reports I've read have stated clearly that Maren had a boyfriend, and the perpetrator never had a relationship with her.

I searched their site, and they do not allow online contact with writers or editors (only snail mail). Therefore, I did not posting the full link. :sigh:

(Snip with witness & perpetrator names redacted)

Classmate Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx, who saw Xxxxxxx being read his rights and taken away in a police car, said Sanchez and the boy were just friends and had never dated.

The article also states the attorney Maren's attacker will not be in attendance for Monday's hearing. It appears the psychiatric evaluation is continuing. I am deeply saddened at this turn of events. I hope the State charges him as an adult :moo: He took it upon himself to play judge jury and executioner that early Friday morning, and took Maren from SO many people who truly cared for her. People who loved her and must find a way to go on without her. :tears:

He and his legal team, IMV, are in the throes of building a psychiatric defense. His acts of self-preservation, after he knowingly took Maren's life, make me ill.

This is fully my opinion only. Insanity defenses are not easy to prove, and the burden shifts to the defense (if they decide to go this route). I hope he and his team consider taking responsibility for his actions instead, and ask for mercy from the Court. It would prevent so much further suffering for Maren's family, who have already been through immeasurable trauma, pain, and loss.

I have a hard time reconciling how this wasn't premeditated, when he had the aforethought to bring the knife to school.

Sending Maren's family strength and prayers as they await Monday's hearing and beyond. Sadly, they will likely need a lot of support unless the person who took their daughter's life is willing to stand up and be held accountable for his actions.

#RIPMaren

I think they all downplayed his interest in her. An article I read yesterday stated they had been in a previous relationship in Junior High and she broke up with him. Apparently he still carried a torch for her.

I think they all downplayed his interest in her. An article I read yesterday stated they had been in a previous relationship in Junior High and she broke up with him. Apparently he still carried a torch for her.

That would explain the "ex" in the nymag.com article. Hmmmm....

I'm not doubting you, LinasK. Any chance you have a link? I'd like to read the article. It's a conflicting detail that may play an important role later down the line.

I fully agree they're downplaying his interest in her. I've read she was nice to him & he wasn't an easy person to befriend, based on linked articles posted upthread.

The "obsession" (my label) started from there. :moo:

LE hasn't officially confirmed a motive, so I'm just trying to piece this together as best I can. The full story will come to light. I believe that they will be able to retrace the entirety of their interaction history (I won't call it a relationship yet :moo: ), because Maren was so well established at school.

I hope this makes sense. I didn't have any coffee this morning :blushing:

Regardless, what he did was inexcusable.

That would explain the "ex" in the nymag.com article. Hmmmm....

I'm not doubting you, LinasK. Any chance you have a link? I'd like to read the article. It's a conflicting detail that may play an important role later down the line.

I fully agree they're downplaying his interest in her. I've read she was nice to him & he wasn't an easy person to befriend, based on linked articles posted upthread.

The "obsession" (my label) started from there. :moo:

LE hasn't officially confirmed a motive, so I'm just trying to piece this together as best I can. The full story will come to light. I believe that they will be able to retrace the entirety of their interaction history (I won't call it a relationship yet :moo: ), because Maren was so well established at school.

I hope this makes sense. I didn't have any coffee this morning :blushing:

Regardless, what he did was inexcusable.

Found this:
The portrait that is emerging of [modsnip]’s alleged attack on Sanchez shows the violent intersection of high school romance and social pressure – combined with a teen who, classmates say, was becoming increasingly isolated at school. Junior prom is a big deal at Jonathan Law High School. And it's a big deal if a boy doesn’t have a girl to go with him.

'It's just embarrassing if you don't have a date,' S[modsnip] said.

[modsnip] dated Sanchez in middle school, but the pair broke it – nobody remembers why. They remained friends and Sanchez moved on. But [modsnip] didn’t. C[modsnip] said that he confessed he privately to his close friends that he still carried a flame for Sanchez.

EXCLUSIVE - 'I will forever love and cherish her': Prom date of girl stabbed to death by the classmate makes moving tribute to her as his father reveals his devastation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-turning-friends-work-it.html#ixzz308HMNt00

Image from linked article via Blondie in Spokane:

yqene5yh.jpg

(snip)

Sanchez was working hard to make something of herself. She was heavily involved in after-school activities. She was junior class president, she was in drama club, choir, a student manager of the swim team and the softball team.

----

Every new article reveals how promising Maren was. Her light has been extinguished forever!

#RIPMaren

As noted in the rules - we will wait to name the minor until LE tells us they are charging him as an adult.

Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult.

Salem

Terms of Service Terms of Service - Long, Detailed Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The Connecticut teen who was stabbed to death Friday by a jilted prom suitor will be honored during upcoming school production of the musical “Little Shop of Horrors.”

Drama teacher Michael Mele said he about canceling the performance after Maren Sanchez was slain inside Jonathan Law High School in Milford, Conn. last week. But he and school officials decided the show must go on.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/slain-student-to-be-honored-in-school-musical/

This sounds like case of rejection gone really bad, like Jodi Arias or Lori Drew. Some people are sensitive to rejection and outright fear it. A jilted lover in this case.

Rest in peace, beautiful Maren.

This case has broken my heart. This young girl had such a promising future, it sounds like she had such a love of life - how quickly it was cruelly taken away.

I have no problems with the juvenile perp being charged as an adult. This was a vicious attack, and no doubt premeditated considering he had the weapon on his person when he confronted her that morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back