GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this video the other day and couldn't find it again, until I just really DID find it - it is Toni McHugh leaving the courthouse and you can see her talking and smiling. It is helpful to get a better mental picture of her so I thought I would share. She doesn't look like a broken woman to me ... she looks like she has that Jackie Onassis thing going on.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/24252503/baden-clays-mistress-takes-the-stand/
(Sorry about the ad at the beginning, you just have to roll with it.

Just thinking ( and thinking and thinking and thinking), if I didn't come home when I said I was going to, hubby would think I was running late. I doubt if he would even text me. If I was genuinely missing in action he would call and call and text and call and text my phone. He would call my mum. He would call my sister. He would call my friends. He would call my work. He would ask the neighbours. He wouldn't dial triple 0 if I was 15 minutes late - this my websleuth friends is the crux of the matter! Jerred knew where she was. He knew she was missing because he made her go missing.

To add to the clothes issue, xxl is huge no matter what the brand. 72kgs and 170 is my size exactly and 12 is the biggest I have worn. Wasn't there mention of a shower curtain very early on? She may have been in the shower and he suffocated her. Then he had to dress her. And bathrooms are notoriously hard (tiles, basins, taps etc) so a chipped tooth and broken skin could be highly probable if there was a struggle or body being moved.

I think we all have to have a collective belief that justice will prevail and have faith that the jury comprises of sensible people just like us who can see the inaccuracies, discrepancies and nuances in jerred's fairytale. The jury will do their job. They have the weight of the nation's (and parts of the world) expectations and the knowledge that they have lives of others in their hands so i am confident that justice will be served.

How many of you wonderful posters think GBC will take the stand? I, for one, do not!

When I first saw him in that outrageous clip where he zones in on the lovely woman reporter, with Olivia darting out to ride gunshot on him I thought, he will never take the stand , if he has any sense at all.

And that's the operative phrase.. any sense at all. From being 100% certain he wouldn't I am now well into the 60/40 range of him getting up on that stand, come hell or high water.. lots of reasons for this..

Narrowing it down.. reason (a) .. the intangible.. Doesn't look to me like Gerard has taken any advice in his life on any matter whatsoever.. Gerard is there, as he sees it, to give advice.. taking advice, even though he has paid for it , doesn't seem to strike him as a reasonable thing to do. I think he will want to, and believe he can do, and will insist upon doing exactly what he has been advised not to do.. getting up there in the box.. he will want to sell himself and his story.

reason (b) ... the tangible.. There is , from Gerard's point of view, a lot of money at stake.. forget that he owes it, forget that it isn't a major enormous sum, forget that it's peanuts in comparison to a woman's life, it's money, and Gerard appears to have the fixed idea that it is his money. I cant see him trusting his barristers to bring it home to him . He will want that last mad fling of the dice.. the ultimate gamble. His eye has always been on the money, anyone's money, his family's money ( not much there, but.. ) his partners money, his friends money, his wife's money, his daughters money.. but particularly what he has designated as his money..

The second half of the clip shows Allison's body being winched up. That footage has not been released before. HEARTBREAKING.

I saw this video the other day and couldn't find it again, until I just really DID find it - it is Toni McHugh leaving the courthouse and you can see her talking and smiling. It is helpful to get a better mental picture of her so I thought I would share. She doesn't look like a broken woman to me ... she looks like she has that Jackie Onassis thing going on.

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/24252503/baden-clays-mistress-takes-the-stand/
(Sorry about the ad at the beginning, you just have to roll with it.

Yes, I'd also like to know where this info came from. If it is true I think the media should be informed!

With all due respect, I think First Timer; an eye witness to events as explained, as he or she commented, is only "Just holding it together"
My understanding is that First Timer is absolutely shocked, gob smacked, mortified, horrified and angered that such a thing could happen. First Timer appears to have feelings, a conscience. A Normal person I suspect.
And something is wrong, horribly wrong.
This is Australia. This is a trial for a lady who was murdered. This is a trial where the suspected murderer has acted from go to woe like he is above the Law and has shown no respect for the Law.
And the BC lot seem to think they are the ones running the show.

This is unbelievable. So they are insisting on calling the shots, even in court?
And more unbelievably, the Judge is bending to their requirements?

Is there no grace, dignity or shame with this lot? Preposterous! And ugly in the extreme.

If a big internet hug would help you First Timer, look out, here comes a big hug from this quarter. Plus one of Doc W's special remedies, take a deep breath in ....

a BIG THANKYOU BACK.

I'd just like to say, that this seems normal to me. As a sufferer of anxiety and depression as well as having low income: housework and in particular cleanliness to my razors aren't fantastic.

No offence meant whatsoever, I've had my share of blunt/shabby razors! I was more thinking along the lines of GBC pulling out an 'old' razor to back up his sorry story of shaving cuts, when in fact it wasn't what he normally used - hence no blood etc found.

I know I am pretty much all on my ownsome in this matter of Gerard taking the stand.. it's only a hunch, I don't have any factual basis for entertaining the thought.. except Gerard's lifelong oblivion as to how he comes across.. he just doesn't know. Ditto Nige and Olivia.. wouldn't surprise me if on their visit to the remand centre, all three are under the crazed illusion that Nige and Olivia were fabulous on the stand, and made their case waterproof.. Gerard would get impetus from this.. he would gain momentum.. All his Barristers advice would be seen as merely that .. advice.. not instruction.

He'd be getting lots of barrackroom backstairs lawyerly advice from his companions in the Remand centre.. what else is there to do all day? Yea.. take the stand , Gerard.. it's your case, etc. There would be the odd naysayer, 'look at me, back on remand , and I took the stand the first time.. never again.' and Gerard would look and probably think , well.. I've got more clout than him.. I know how to persuade.. after all, I was a top notch real estate salesman.. still am..

I can see this going thru his head all day, all night.

I know I am pretty much all on my ownsome in this matter of Gerard taking the stand.. it's only a hunch, I don't have any factual basis for entertaining the thought.. except Gerard's lifelong oblivion as to how he comes across.. he just doesn't know. Ditto Nige and Olivia.. wouldn't surprise me if on their visit to the remand centre, all three are under the crazed illusion that Nige and Olivia were fabulous on the stand, and made their case waterproof.. Gerard would get impetus from this.. he would gain momentum.. All his Barristers advice would be seen as merely that .. advice.. not instruction.

He'd be getting lots of barrackroom backstairs lawyerly advice from his companions in the Remand centre.. what else is there to do all day? Yea.. take the stand , Gerard.. it's your case, etc. There would be the odd naysayer, 'look at me, back on remand , and I took the stand the first time.. never again.' and Gerard would look and probably think , well.. I've got more clout than him.. I know how to persuade.. after all, I was a top notch real estate salesman.. still am..

I can see him with his little cue cards, his eyes tearing up at his own eloquence ...
Stop it Trooper! I can't take it!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dark-side-of-the-mesa-14-06-2005/

BUMP POST

WATCH THE SAME TRIAL IN USA-blood in car/wife missing/found at local garbage dump

Thanks for that link - some interesting parallels.

Another good example of how bad narcissists are at impersonating normal people. Eg, the way he said "when i saw the blood i knew i needed to call for help" (erm no, sweetie, you're meant to be worried for your missing wife, not yourself)

To dear Trooper, (what a trooper indeed!)
You are not alone. Dunno if anyone can put it as well as you, that's all.
Please keep your "Ownsome" hunches alive and well. Bit special.

We need to remember that this is Australia and what is a size 14 in one brand can be a XL in another. I wouldn't worry to much about the sizing IMO

The size and brand I quoted [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10648326&postcount=459]in the post[/ame] regarding the track pants were from the Autopsy Report details.

The sizing was from the Katies sizing chart.
The numbers given for the sizing are relevant to that particular brand.
The Katies size 20 pants are classified XXL.

Compared to the size 12 Short Stories singlet top with incorporated bra ABC was wearing underneath her Bonds XL/size 16 Jumper.

No offence meant whatsoever, I've had my share of blunt/shabby razors! I was more thinking along the lines of GBC pulling out an 'old' razor to back up his sorry story of shaving cuts, when in fact it wasn't what he normally used - hence no blood etc found.

Ah!!! This is an excellent perspective to look at! Cheers xx

Thanks for that link - some interesting parallels.

Another good example of how bad narcissists are at impersonating normal people. Eg, the way he said "when i saw the blood i knew i needed to call for help" (erm no, sweetie, you're meant to be worried for your missing wife, not yourself)

A bit like when someone had a "terrible dreadful" car accident in someone else's car at a pylon at Indooroopilly shopping centre, (when he was on his way to QPS to have photographs taken that might have been incriminating); He said he was "A little bit hurt"

No sweetie, you are meant to be worried for your missing wife, not yourself.

As we proceed to continuation of the Trial tomorrow, I am just hoping that the Judge and Jury, following the opportunity today of forming some real understanding of the sites where the crimes were understood to have occurred, proceed now tomorrow well informed on these aspects.

In my opinion, they should now be able to piece together and connect the witness' evidence from now on, with more insight into the alleged activities surrounding Allison's murder.

I sincerely hope so!!!!!!

Been waiting for a quiet time to relate my 1.5 GBC encounter stories…

My husband used to work in Toowong Tower - where GBC had a temporary office just before the arrest (different floor). The ladies at hubby's work were quite anxious about being in such close proximity to a suspected killer.

One of them was buying her lunch in the Toowong village food court one day. She collected her food, whirled around - and came right up face to face with the bearded one himself. She gave a small involuntary scream and nearly dropped her lunch.

The other encounter was in the TT lifts. A couple of the ladies were chatting loudly and in walks GBC - all business as usual. They immediately fell silent and just exchanged a wide-eyed look until GBC's floor. He muttered grumpily, "you're not very subtle, are you?" and walked out.

I wasn't surprised to hear the media reports at the time of his arrest saying he cooperated fully. He probably had hundreds of encounters like the two I heard of, and was sick of keeping up the charade and being treated like a leperous bogeyman around town.

Where are the bedrooms in relation to the carport?

Also for those who followed the Lloyd rayney case, how was does it compare to this? I get it was a judge only trial, but do you think the circumstantial evidence was stronger, weaker, on par so far with this case? What about other circumstantial cases, how does this case compare?

I think the evidence in the Rayney trial was weak in a number of important respects. The timing of his wife getting home indicated he would have had to have grabbed her, incapacitate her and hide her and her car with one daughter asleep in the house until his other daughter came home. She took her last breaths where she was buried and may have been buried alive. He had a bad back and physically was unlikely to have been able to dig a hole and bury her. He was 67 kgs and she was 78kgs. He went about his day normally the next day without signs of exerting or injuring himself the night before. He did not appear to be sleep deprived yet the judge estimated he couldn't have made it home til about 4 am. He got his daughters to school and went about his normal day. No one that saw him that day noticed anything odd about him. He had no apparent injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21