Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

Status
Not open for further replies.
D is explaining how very, very careful Op always was to avoid 'prohibited substances'.

D: Most significant medical issue over the years were his stumps...raw tissue...peeling....

No. But I think it makes it harder to imagine him shooting her in cold blood, if he had no diagnosis supporting explosive anger issues, narcissism, sociopathic tendencies. And now that they report that his crying and grief is sincere, it might make the judge feel sorry for him. jmo

If the neighbours heard arguing, surely he shot her in cold blood?

He and OP skype each other and have stayed in contact after 'the events in Feb'

Naughty zwiebel - you missed out "telephonically".

This guy's just a character witness with a good vocabulary and posh accent.

D: ....furthermore it is evident he cannot put weight on his left stump.....difficulty keeping his balance.

OP called him upset once when he was competing in Olympics in tears with bleeding heel pad.

I finding the female screaming noted of four witnesses, the arguing heard by van der Merwe makes it seem as if anger is still the major issue.

You can have serious anger and not show obvious indicators of anger issues, this may also come under 'crimes of passion' and 'semi/automatism' like road rage. (Note: I actually do not believe in the 'crimes of passion' category or even 'road rage' as a type of crime and how it's used as mitigation, for quite a few reasons).

Examples of anger and homicide without obvious other previous rage issues: Modimolle, Jordan Graham - the woman who pushed new husband off cliff with argument, etc.

Pistorius was banging this around his house in anger, damaging items, this can't be explained in any other way. He fired perhaps out of unstable emotions but she would have screamed in pain and he carried on firing.

D says OP 'anxious individual' 'anxiety' in team situation etc....

If the neighbours heard arguing, surely he shot her in cold blood?

True. But is there any reasonable doubt surrounding that ? Not for me, but perhaps for the Judge, there might be.

And this is an important part of the defence case?

I think they want to convince the judge that he was not doping or using steroids, etc. There were pesky rumors saying so.

He has a tremor of the hands? .. not in the interviews I've seen of him he hasn't. I was actually expecting him to be far more nervous in interviews than actually turned out to be (I'm thinking specifically of the Larry King interview, where I was quite surprised by how confident he was .. and I'm sure there was no hand tremor .. I'm going to look that interview up).

Talking about a study of psychological stress profiles in competing athletes. Wanted to id changes in psych distress. Cntrl group used was a team from 'Iron Man'.

Average score 18.9 pre competition

Av scor after 16.1 post competition

My conclusion - prof competition is stressful. I thought he was going to say OP was part of the study group, at least!

Tea. Everything stops for.....

He has a tremor of the hands? .. not in the interviews I've seen of him he hasn't. I was actually expecting him to be far more nervous in interviews than actually turned out to be (I'm thinking specifically of the Larry King interview, where I was quite surprised by how confident he was .. and I'm sure there was no hand tremor .. I'm going to look that interview up).

Yes, I was hoping he would detail if that is permanent or just before races or when travelling.

WTH is IronMan?

ETA: I looked it up. They're crazy!

So maybe this guy is testifying about OP's disability and the problems associated with it to emphasize OP's vulnerability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728