MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live within 10 miles of the abduction site and can confirm that leaves change in late October. And no, you do not see a flashing light through 1/4 mile of foliage. Many times while playing laser tag with neighbors and siblings we could barely see each other through 20 feet of trees and shrubs.

I'm with you on this. The underbrush there is very thick, maybe wasn't so thick in 1989, but you cannot see through it any time of year today.

If it was DR, he was outside and at least by the woodpile or west of there. Just MO

Different approach: If you could ask LE 3 questions about the Jacob Wetterling case, what would they be?
My vote: (no particular order)
1. What makes you confident Kevin's alibi is valid?
2. To what degree did Kevin and his car compromise the crime scene?
3. How strong is the likelihood there were other tire tracks that were unaccounted for due to the previously held thought that Kevin's tracks were the freshest and hence, those of the perp?

1. What does it mean that you suddenly named a POI 21 years after the abduction? And also after the search of that persons farm?

2. Show me that size 10 to 13 black boot twisting its foot into the gravel as he turns sideways and sits down to enter the vehicle. Have fun.

3. What was found in DR's computer and journal?

Have you stood in DR's bedroom and attempted to look out his window*in October? How can you be so certain that the leaves had fallen by October 22nd?
These images show that foliage hadn't fully changed yet.

Do you have links for the images in the above post and post No. 1221?

I'll give you some time to post before I remove the images.

Thanks.

2. Show me that size 10 to 13 black boot twisting its foot into the gravel as he turns sideways and sits down to enter the vehicle. Have fun.

Sasquatch, about #2- is there another way you can ask this? It has always confused me in your tag line, too.

Do you mean something like "where are the adult footprints that show a size 10-13 boot print coinciding with the crime scene"?

Sasquatch, about #2- is there another way you can ask this? It has always confused me in your tag line, too.

Do you mean something like "where are the adult footprints that show a size 10-13 boot print coinciding with the crime scene"?

That statement is to address the fact that we have a clear picture of Jacobs last known footprint suggesting he entered a vehicle, but no evidence of a perpetrator doing the same thing. I would ask it in your context.

When did DR begin changing his stories?

From the point where Aaron and Trevor looked back, what were they still able to see of the driveway? Can a vehicle leaving the driveway be heard and/or seen from that point?

Is there information DR has been ordered to withhold from the public?

I'm with you on this. The underbrush there is very thick, maybe wasn't so thick in 1989, but you cannot see through it any time of year today.

If it was DR, he was outside and at least by the woodpile or west of there. Just MO

I posted the info from the DNR site as to peak colors of leaves. Perhaps there would be some left, but they are falling to the ground by Oct 22.

Questions for LE:

1-Why didn't you go directly to DR home to secure the scene and find witnesses by knocking on doors immediately?
2-Why didn't you secure the entire DR driveway and when DR came under the crime scene tape, why didn't you immediately find that suspicious? Why did you allow DR to leave the scene of the crime without searching his vehicle?
3-Can you share ALL of the evidence pictures that you have?
4-What specifically made you name DR a poi?
5-There is new technology regarding DNA...are you planning to re-test the items that you still have that belong to DR?

After three days of digging at the family farm, police still call the 54-year-old man a person of interest. …

Video-

http://www.immelman.us/news/dan-rassier-teaching-concerns/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
josh_guimond_photo_007.jpg

http://www.findjoshua.com/info/2010/07/03/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

On April 28, 2003 — five months after Josh’s disappearance — the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department released information that it “received a call from an individual stating that they were driving off campus, just after midnight, on the night Joshua Guimond disappeared and that they saw someone jogging towards campus on County Road 159 wearing bright colored jogging clothing.”

1. What does it mean that you suddenly named a POI 21 years after the abduction? And also after the search of that persons farm?

DR was officially named a POI after 21 years...but I think he was considered a suspect long before that, prior to 2004.

http://www.startribune.com/local/103212339.html

<snip> For years, a middle-aged man who still lives with his parents in a farmhouse near the abduction site has been considered a possible suspect.

The farmhouse and property were searched in 1989. Authorities went back in 2004, searching the home, the man's computer and property, the man's brother told the Star Tribune. The brother said investigators also took DNA samples and sent the man a handwritten letter from Patty Wetterling encouraging the person responsible for Jacob's disappearance to confess.

Then in late June, investigators returned with cadaver dogs and front loaders. <snip>

Also, my questions would be:

1. Did DR pass the lie-detector test?
2. Did Trevor and Aaron actually see the kidnapper and JW heading up the driveway?
3. What was DR's demeanor the following morning when he was questioned at work?

For LE

Did the parents notice any black boots, nylons, coat etc. missing when they returned from Europe?

My questions to LE...since we are all dreaming...would be the following...in no particular order:

1- To release the 911 tape or transcript of DR calling in&#8230;.that I know they still have regardless of what we have all heard.

2- Who are the top 3 suspects in order and why?

3- Did DR pass the lie detector test?

4- After the FBI profile was released on Oct 25th 1989&#8230;were the local dermatologist offices cross checked with males aged 25-35 for possible suspects?

5- What investigative procedures were used to clear Kevin?

6- Why were those specific items taken from Rassier's garage?

Quote is respectfully shortened.

It can only mean one thing as you've recognized. LE found something which strongly points to Dan abducting Jacob.

Homeland Security works child trafficking and abduction cases. I've always wondered if the development of Homeland Security's information center (LE shares non-classified info here) had something to do with Dan being labeled a person of interest.

DR was officially named a POI after 21 years...but I think he was considered a suspect long before that, prior to 2004.

http://www.startribune.com/local/103212339.html

Also, my questions would be:

1. Did DR pass the lie-detector test?
2. Did Trevor and Aaron actually see the kidnapper and JW heading up the driveway?
3. What was DR's demeanor the following morning when he was questioned at work?

DR has never stated that he passed the polygraph. He only states that he was cooperative and took it. That's a big red flag, iMO.

When did DR begin changing his stories?

From the point where Aaron and Trevor looked back, what were they still able to see of the driveway? Can a vehicle leaving the driveway be heard and/or seen from that point?

Is there information DR has been ordered to withhold from the public?

bbm
One important time Dan changed stories was after Kevin came forward and stated that the tire tracks in Dan's driveway were likely his tracks. Dan suddenly announced that there were TWO cars which had turned around in his driveway that day. (This info. can be found in Dan's interview with Joy. Notice that Joy didn't question Dan's story change.)

If Jared is reading this site, please realize that Joy screens the comments on her blog. My polite, dissenting opinion isn't allowed. It should therefore be assumed that other's opinions may not be allowed. You may have missed important information.

My questions to LE...since we are all dreaming...would be the following...in no particular order:

1- To release the 911 tape or transcript of DR calling in&#8230;.that I know they still have regardless of what we have all heard.

2- Who are the top 3 suspects in order and why?

3- Did DR pass the lie detector test?

4- After the FBI profile was released on Oct 25th 1989&#8230;were the local dermatologist offices cross checked with males aged 25-35 for possible suspects?

5- What investigative procedures were used to clear Kevin?

6- Why were those specific items taken from Rassier's garage?
bbm
LE didn't give this profile description because the boys identified a suspect with dermatitis. The FBI's profile includes people with a noticeable, but not physically handicapping "imperfection" (causes self esteem issues). This would include people with a slight lisp like Dan.

bbm
One important time Dan changed stories was after Kevin came forward and stated that the tire tracks in Dan's driveway were likely his tracks. Dan suddenly announced that there were TWO cars which had turned around in his driveway that day. (This info. can be found in Dan's interview with Joy. Notice that Joy didn't question Dan's story change.)

If Jared is reading this site, please realize that Joy screens the comments on her blog. My polite, dissenting opinion isn't allowed. It should therefore be assumed that other's opinions may not be allowed. You may have missed important information.

If its true that he began changing stories for the first time after kevin came forward, then he's busted dude.

bbm
LE didn't give this profile description because the boys identified a suspect with dermatitis. The FBI's profile includes people with a noticeable, but not physically handicapping "imperfection" (causes self esteem issues). This would include people with a slight lisp like Dan.

I understand the profile completely and realize it wasn't because the boys identified anything...I think much deeper than that. It would help explain the mindset of LE / FBI directly after the profile was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member