Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erika M. Stark

@erikamstarkUpdates on Garland bail hearing here: client.scribblelive.com/Event/Amber_al… #amberalert

Lots of interesting thoughts.

Something is gnawing at me since I saw the Mom at the vigil - her pain is just screaming from her soul. If she thought for a minute that they - meaning her Mom, Stepdad, and son were anywhere on the earth - she would be hopeful. I see a woman that is dealing with knowing one of her loved ones is deceased. She knows what she saw at her parents home that morning she went to pick up her son. I am sure she also knows (from police) who was injured/or worse at that home. My heart breaks for them all.

I would be devastated if I thought my child was dead.

But I think I would be in as much pain - albeit in a different way - if my child was missing. If my child were missing, I'd have hope that he or she might be found alive, but I would also be imagining the various ways in which my child might be suffering at the moment (pain, fear, cold, hunger, torture).

Valerie Fortney

@ValFortneyMust provide land line phone # to supervisor, if one is available. Must be home btwn 9 pm and 7 am each dayReplyRetweetFavorite ReplyPermalink1:37 PMDaryl Slade

@heraldcourtDouglas Garland to surrender passport. He says he doesn't have one. To reside at transitional housing - hotel, motel, Drop-In Centre, etc.

Daryl Slade

@heraldcourtGarland to be back in court Aug.6 at case management office.ReplyRetweetFavorite ReplyPermalink1:39 PMDaryl Slade

@heraldcourtGarland to remain in residence 9 pm to 7 am, not posses ID unless it's his own. He could stay at any homeless shelter.ReplyRetweetFavorite 1:39 PMValerie Fortney

@ValFortneyGarland asks, "I live on a farm, sometimes working past 9 o'clock, would residence be on the farm itself?"

Valerie Fortney

@ValFortneyJudge reminds him he won't be going to the farm but some form of traditional housing

Is it possible that DG will be released on the ID theft charge and cautioned about leaving the country etc, only to be held/charged on other counts? I am really having trouble believing that the activity at Airdrie has amounted to nothing!

Valerie Fortney

@ValFortneyMust provide land line phone # to supervisor, if one is available. Must be home btwn 9 pm and 7 am each dayReplyRetweetFavorite ReplyPermalink1:37 PMDaryl Slade

@heraldcourtDouglas Garland to surrender passport. He says he doesn't have one. To reside at transitional housing - hotel, motel, Drop-In Centre, etc.
Wow ... lots of restrictions for someone accused of a crime like his ......

Is it possible that DG will be released on the ID theft charge and cautioned about leaving the country etc, only to be held/charged on other counts? I am really having trouble believing that the activity at Airdrie has amounted to nothing!

Valerie Fortney

@ValFortneyMust stay in province, surrender passport within 24 hours of release. Garland says he has no passport for Canada or any other country

Daryl Slade ...

@heraldcourtGarland to be back in court Aug.6 at case management office.ReplyRetweetFavorite ReplyPermalink1:39 PMDaryl Slade

@heraldcourtGarland to remain in residence 9 pm to 7 am, not posses ID unless it's his own. He could stay at any homeless shelter.ReplyRetweetFavorite 1:39 PMValerie Fortney

@ValFortneyGarland asks, "I live on a farm, sometimes working past 9 o'clock, would residence be on the farm itself?"

Talk of him staying at a homeless shelter but he asks about living/working on the farm? Did he not get it, or does he need to get back to the farm for some reason?

Regarding the question of how one person could remove three people from the home.

Let's suppose that the perp was "double-crossed" (real or imagined) by one of the victims in a business deal. Let's suppose that the perp went to the house between 10-11PM to demand money from Alvin (who had made public that he was liquidating and leaving the country). Alvin was at home with his wife and grandson, and would not want to expose them to a business confrontation. Perhaps he suggested that they step outside, sit in his truck to discuss it, or perhaps the perp asked Alvin to sit in his truck to discuss it. That way, the grandmother and grandson are separated from the problem, and Alvin is already in the truck. Alvin could have been attacked in a vehicle. The perp could then enter the home, catch the grandmother off guard, attack her and the child.

The drag marks from the side of the house to the parking pad could be blood belonging to the grandmother, and that could explain why the Amber Alert specifically said that the child could be with his grandfather. That was stated prior to an analysis of Alvin's truck and the green truck.

All three victims could have been put in Alvin's truck, or the green truck, and removed from the scene. The truck was seen more than once in the area of the crime scene, so there could have been a second or third trip to clean up the scene, with the last image of the green truck taken at dawn as it was leaving the property for the last time (nothing in the back of the truck).

Police were seen collecting evidence, like bedding, from landfill sights. It's possible that bedding was used to cover up the victims in the back of the truck and that it was seen on earlier photos of the green truck.

Wow, conditions for his release are pretty lenient....or not nearly as tight/restrictive as I thought they'd be. Wonder what's up with that? Doesn't even sound like, from the media tweets, that he has a confirmed residence set up. You would think this would have be already be in place before releasing him?

I wonder if there's any chance that RO and son AL attended court today because they support him and are there to show their support for some reason?

Regarding the question of how one person could remove three people from the home.

Let's suppose that the perp was "double-crossed" (real or imagined) by one of the victims in a business deal. Let's suppose that the perp went to the house between 10-11PM to demand money from Alvin (who had made public that he was liquidating and leaving the country). Alvin was at home with his wife and grandson, and would not want to expose them to a business confrontation. Perhaps he suggested that they step outside, sit in his truck to discuss it, or perhaps the perp asked Alvin to sit in his truck to discuss it. That way, the grandmother and grandson are separated from the problem, and Alvin is already in the truck. Alvin could have been attacked in a vehicle. The perp could then enter the home, catch the grandmother off guard, attack her and the child.

The drag marks from the side of the house to the parking pad could be blood belonging to the grandmother, and that could explain why the Amber Alert specifically said that the child could be with his grandfather. That was stated prior to an analysis of Alvin's truck and the green truck.

All three victims could have been put in Alvin's truck, or the green truck, and removed from the scene. The truck was seen more than once in the area of the crime scene, so there could have been a second or third trip to clean up the scene, with the last image of the green truck taken at dawn as it was leaving the property for the last time (nothing in the back of the truck).

Police were seen collecting evidence, like bedding, from landfill sights. It's possible that bedding was used to cover up the victims in the back of the truck and that it was seen on earlier photos of the green truck.

^^ all pretty much what I have in mind otto. Taking the physical challenge of Gpa out of the mix early, then the less physically challenging Gma is controlled by her protectiveness of NO.

Valerie Fortney

@ValFortneyJudge reminds him he won't be going to the farm but some form of traditional housing

Typically, a person being released on bail and with conditions, has to indicate an address/residence. Maybe that's what his lawyer and the Crown will be working on now. I'm sure they don't want that information public.

So strange:

Posted on: Monday, 07 April, 2014 21:26
Updated On: Tuesday, 08 July, 2014 06:14
Expires On: Saturday, 04 October, 2014 21:26
Reply to: (Use contact form below)
BBM

Again, as I posted upthread already, the goto site referenced in the ad www.kflcommercialinvesting.com no longer exists and a WHOIS search indicates the domain is unregistered and available. There must be some kind of auto renewal on the ad, I figure.

Wow ... lots of restrictions for someone accused of a crime like his ......

I have never ever seen conditions on somebody for these kinds of charges. Usually it's something like a $500 recognizance, KPBGB, report once a week in person or telephone for bail supervision, stay at an address and report any changes to the court.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

As for transitional housing. In Manitoba there are social services such as the Salvation Army that will agree to take homeless people so that they can get released from court.

Wow, conditions for his release are pretty lenient....or not nearly as tight/restrictive as I thought they'd be. Wonder what's up with that? Doesn't even sound like, from the media tweets, that he has a confirmed residence set up. You would think this would have be already be in place before releasing him?
<rsbm>

Without having a confirmed residence at time of release, maybe they're hoping he'll try to go back to the farm (as seemed to be his concern/confusion that the judge reminded him about).

My understanding of homeless shelters is that they are merely a temporary night time refuge. People don't usually 'reside' in one. Where would he spend his day time hours?? And $750 bail? That is a very arbitrary (and low) amount of money. IMO. I wonder if the CPS and RCMP are frustrated by this announcement?

I wonder if there's any chance that RO and son AL attended court today because they support him and are there to show their support for some reason?

i was thinking something similiar, however i wonder if AL son was there to support RO and due to his personal relationship with DG as its his Brother inlaw, i wonder if he was there to assess his body language and or charater to determine if he is involved......JMO

I have a son that i know when he is guilty of something by his actions or choice of words and body language, i can tell almost instantly when he is guilty of something.

I thought those types of conditions are quite strict for somebody on that type of a charge.

My understanding of homeless shelters is that they are merely a temporary night time refuge. People don't usually 'reside' in one. Where would he spend his day time hours?? And $750 bail? That is a very arbitrary (and low) amount of money. IMO. I wonder if the CPS and RCMP are frustrated by this announcement?

Keep in mind he has only the Identity Charges against him, Im sure that the restrictions at this time are because of the term POI in the missing persons case. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod