Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numerous indeed. One of which was updated June 29th although the raw data posts it 07/07/14. It's possible this account settings are set to auto-renew annualy but it doesn't make much sense really since it's simply a parked domain. If it were an active site, auto-renew makes sense but not for a site that has no content. https://who.is/whois/inedmontonalbertacanada.com

Quite far back *I believe within the first 2 threads of this case* we were discussing all the 'empty' domains. KL was an online marketer. I explained at one point in detail how that works. *I do graphic design for such sites ...I know how it works ...I don't do the marketing end but I know what the end result is trying to be* She even had a kijiji ad selling one such domain & customization.
They are not all separate 'businesses' persay...she is using them as 'display' in the hopes it will suit a potential customer. They buy the domain and customized template from her *including in some cases an instructional course on how to maintain the domain etc* for a set fee *say $1000*. I hope that explains her online presence in what appears to be several businesses which in fact are one. *I will try to go back and find my post and link it here* :)

link added as referenced above
Thread 2 Post 271 July 3
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...algary-30-June-2014-2&p=10700573#post10700573

Valerie Fortnay -Calgary Herald Twitter, court appearance of DG

"Man accompanying Rod O'Brien says he is Al, son of Alvin Liknes. #yyc #amberalert"

Alvin is also the brother in law of DG. IMO, this not only shows a united front by the O'Brien and Liknes families, but also sends a serious message to DG...maybe in the hopes of getting DG to cooperate, that this family means business, time for DG to tell what he knows.

I don't think Alvin is the 'brother inlaw' of DG. My understanding is that Alvin's son Allen (who is? the one mentioned in link above, who accompanied RO to court?) is in a relationship (never read they were actually married?) is in a relationship with DG's sister PG...........so from a common-law perspective, that would make DG Allen's "brother inlaw"........ and Alvin's "daughter inlaw's brother."

And searching the email simply links to more of the same.

There are two emails and two phone numbers used on multiple registered domains. On the buy/sell ad, one of the phone numbers was to a commercial real estate office but the address listed didn't match at all. Current occupant of that suite is unsure, its been listed as the address for several companies. Very odd.

Quite far back *I believe within the first 2 threads of this case* we were discussing all the 'empty' domains. KL was an online marketer. I explained at one point in detail how that works. *I do graphic design for such sites ...I know how it works ...I don't do the marketing end but I know what the end result is trying to be* She even had a kijiji ad selling one such domain & customization.
They are not all separate 'businesses' persay...she is using them as 'display' in the hopes it will suit a potential customer. They buy the domain and customized template from her *including in some cases an instructional course on how to maintain the domain etc* for a set fee *say $1000*. I hope that explains her online presence in what appears to be several businesses which in fact are one. *I will try to go back and find my post and link it here* :)

Okay well then that makes a lot of sense. I didn't see those first few threads I guess :) Although it still doesn't explain the buy/sell ad being updated 3 days ago.

Sorry...I should have said "Allen" so many Al's...

Same sentiment though...I'll go up and correct. Thanks...

That would be A (Alvin's twin) and F (his wife) who owned the modular home business.

It is AL's sons business who has the initials AL also and he is married to DG's sister.

I still cannot come up with one notable name in the O&G industry in Alberta that has associated with AL (still find that odd) and I know many from exec down thru lease-holders. And I'm still baffled on the fact that KL never made a simple website for her husband AL. And soooooo many companies to sift through, it's like he was fishing at night with 15 fishing rods. I also wonder about something else which is getting older in entrepreneur years,, 66 is actually old in start-up world (yes there are some that still start juniors but they have successful juniors to back them up), AL never seemed to get there but managed to sway investors enough to live comfortably. There's also that odd Canadian tax shelter where I can invest in a company that doesn't turn a profit and get to write it off come tax time. If AL got on that bandwagon of investors he could both live comfortably and dissolve companies on the fly. On the flip side as an old entrepreneur with nothing holding under his belt, he may have turned to the less forgiving types with high interest rates for cash flow (and I'm not talking credit card companies either),, the pitch to them probably sounded good but the follow through wasn't panning out so well.

Regarding the McCanns, is the a websleuth page on that case?

Still learning the rules of websleuth.com and thank the mods for their patience. Strangely, I'm not sure if any other case has so many initials to keep track of on top of the web-lingo abbreviations, oy-vay. Must get to work now and read 20 new pages when I get home. Great website BTW (By the way,, still learning).

Okay well then that makes a lot of sense. I didn't see those first few threads I guess :) Although it still doesn't explain the buy/sell ad being updated 3 days ago.

I will correct myself here. :) Her real estate dealings DO seem to be a separate business/job she had. I believe that it was posted and linked to earlier in discussion that she had not been practicing for 2 years. Maybe this latest ad was to 'jump back in' . We just don't know. Maybe it auto renews the ad? I do know that if you go to the buysell site and click 'post ad' it states the ad will run for 100 days unless you want to pay extra for an auto renew *something along those lines*. Maybe she paid for an auto renew in April when it appears it was originally posted. She seems to me to actually have 3 businesses going but they are all separate and distinct. One is the online marketing with all the links to the 'vacant' domains. Another is her real estate? Another is a skin care company *reminds me of a big name company we have all heard of that has 'agents' ...ding dong...."insert company name here' calling! ;) I shouldn't have said she had only ONE business...I was directing that at the ONE business of online marketing ..not the real estate or skin care/cream.

Yes for servicing for sure... and I guess my point is that guys will make heaps of $$ this way and then get together to turn this $$ into jr oil investment(s) that may or may not be successful.....that's the story for a number of people in my family. However... I will slightly contridict myself-- in order to raise the big capital in order to get the really big players to invest in resource extraction or get bought out...which is the end game... you do eventually need some type of web presence... so that is sort of interesting. It could be that they never got far enough in any of their ventures to take it to that level. It could be that because they were dealing with developing tech patents they were keeping things on the quiet.

I wonder if because of his age AL could just be an old school guy who wasn't web-savvy and didn't see the need to invest the resources into doing up a web-page if they were just looking to be eventually bought out.

It could also be considered suspicious and telling. I only found a web-site for Blue Sky Oil and Gas and I believe that is the one that AL sold to another American Company a number of years ago.

Was AL directly involved in Calcap?

Also to further my point-- Rough necks turned white collar investors could have caused problems for AL if any of his companies went south and they lost their shirt. Some of those guys are scary!

Scary? Why? My husband has been in the oil business for 30 plus years. People who work in the oil industry are like any other workers....

I've been thinking about these poor missing people a lot.

There are so many different things that could have happened to them.

But here are my thoughts, and I hope it's OK to post them:

1. So many things were terminating that week, AL's business, their lease (soon, anyway), the 'estate' sale, the move to Mexico/Edmonton. This was the end of a chapter in their lives, and they were moving on, no matter what the circumstances. Given that this would have been the last chance for someone to get a hold of them, or confront them, I believe that someone they knew (I do not presume to guess who) from past dealings, felt an urgent need to confront them in their home before they left the country. I believe they knew them because there was not a break in, no other houses in the neighbourhood were targeted. Someone was desperate and angry. Or mentally disturbed in some way.

2. We know that one or all of the missing people were assaulted, or hurt in the crime. However, LE is leading us to believe that all 3 could possibly be alive, or were at least alive. If they had been shot, possibly neighbours may have heard. And they'd more likely would have had fatal injuries. I believe that there was a serious struggle, and the grandparents were defending themselves and their grandson.

3. It is unlikely that this happened early Monday morning. It gets light out early, people get up, walk their dogs, go to work. So it happened some time after JO left the house, most likely some time between 10 pm and around 5 am. This means it could have been a premeditated crime. Or someone who waited until the last minute to confront them.

4. A random predator, going after the child, can be considered. They could have seen NO at the estate sale, and came back that night. They had no way of knowing, really, if the child lived there or not. Perhaps they intended to just snatch the child, but were caught in the act. However, why, then were the grandparents abducted, too? To hide traces of the true crime? If that's the case, it would be difficult for just one person to do this crime.

5. If it was just one person, then they would have had to either move/transport each abductee separately at one point, even if it's just to the car. Very difficult, and risky. Someone could hear or see something, even in the middle of the night. It's summer, and people keep their windows open.

6. The abductees would have to be transported somewhere, somehow. Doing it separately, again, would be risky. Because the person left behind, unless incapacitated, could have a possibility of escape.

7. It is possible that the criminal used a threat against NO to persuade the grandparents to get in the vehicle of their own volition. However, this would then go against premeditation, because no one knew that NO was going to be there. However, the criminal could have thought of this upon the spot.

8. I imagine the grandparents at home, someone either knocks/rings at the door. Or, they just come right in. Maybe the door was still unlocked from the estate sale. Another reason I don't think it was a petty thief or opportunist from the estate sale, is because usually that sort of thief, interrupted, would run away. They wouldn't harm and abduct 3 people.

9. An argument ensues. We don't know why, we can only speculate. Obviously the person who did this has either no conscience, or is on drugs. It's probably not any sort of family abduction, otherwise LE would have labelled it as such, and worded the Amber Alert differently.

10. Either one guy does it, or more than one guy. It depends on the difficulty of transporting 3 people. If they were injured, they'd be easier to transport by one person.

11. How far did he get? LE is searching locally in landfills and in Airdrie. But could he have gone farther? Depending on when the crime occurred, he could have driven for hours into the country, hundreds and hundreds of kilometres away. LE knows this. Yet they're searching close to home.

These are my thoughts, and I hope they're allowed on this forum.

Lots of interesting thoughts.

Something is gnawing at me since I saw the Mom at the vigil - her pain is just screaming from her soul. If she thought for a minute that they - meaning her Mom, Stepdad, and son were anywhere on the earth - she would be hopeful. I see a woman that is dealing with knowing one of her loved ones is deceased. She knows what she saw at her parents home that morning she went to pick up her son. I am sure she also knows (from police) who was injured/or worse at that home. My heart breaks for them all.

Weird thought but...what if DG gets release to AL the son? AL is married or common-law to DG sister anyway. Apparently court hasn't started yet. Waiting...

Lots of interesting thoughts.

Something is gnawing at me since I saw the Mom at the vigil - her pain is just screaming from her soul. If she thought for a minute that they - meaning her Mom, Stepdad, and son were anywhere on the earth - she would be hopeful. I see a woman that is dealing with knowing one of her loved ones is deceased. She knows what she saw at her parents home that morning she went to pick up her son. I am sure she also knows (from police) who was injured/or worse at that home. My heart breaks for them all.

BBM....this. When I saw her on the news last night...my heart literally ached. Still does...I cannot even imagine...

So strange:

Posted on: Monday, 07 April, 2014 21:26
Updated On: Tuesday, 08 July, 2014 06:14
Expires On: Saturday, 04 October, 2014 21:26
Reply to: (Use contact form below)
BBM

Do you think this is relevant information and should be reported to the appropriate LE?
JMO:
::newhere::newhere::newhere:

Are you posting this as a fact, that he does not have a permanent address to go to today? If so, please post a link?

Or are you just speculating/ruminating on him being held over until today?

Speculating/ruminating, and typing out loud.

For LE to publicly name a POI in any case in Canada means that they are very sure of themselves.

Do we have a running list of the business ventures that AL and KL have been linked to?

Good point KM ... in the Gleave case, LE have not named a POI or suspect, but one of the players themselves came on board here and stated that LE told him he was a POI.

"Garland to be released on $750 bail. Told to keep the peace and be of good behaviour" Hmmmm

Do you think this is relevant information and should be reported to the appropriate LE?
JMO:
::newhere::newhere::newhere:

Nah, the posting date appears to be just an internet artifact of some kind. A search for kflcommercialinvestsing.com shows that it has not been online for years and a WHOIS on the domain name confirms that it is presently unregistered and available.

1:35 PMValerie Fortney

@ValFortneyMust stay in province, surrender passport within 24 hours of release. Garland says he has no passport for Canada or any other countryReplyRetweetFavorite ReplyPermalink1:35 PMDaryl Slade

@heraldcourtDouglas Garland to be released on $750 cash, to report 3 days a week. First report to be July 15.ReplyRetweetFavorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203