Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking a picture of that baby and releasing it? instead of swaddling it in a blanket and placing her broken body in a place more suited for "rest"? :tantrum:

I think there might be some confusion about the black box. Lately there have been 3 downed planes in the Ukraine. I think that the black box which was sent to Russia might have been from the earlier cargo plane hit by a missle.

About 22:05pm EDT on Friday 18 July 2014 on CNN tv, 2 separate reporters had stories that Ukranian officials have confirmed that the MH17 black boxes were NOT sent to Russia ... but the black boxes are STILL within the Ukranian borders. No confirmation was given about who has possession of them though.

just reported that Putin has requested a cease fire to allow folks in ................

just reported that Putin has requested a cease fire to allow folks in ................
How humanitarian of him.

I certainly do pray, however, that it is true and his request will be respected...for the victims.
:praying:

MOO

About 22:05pm EDT on Friday 18 July 2014 on CNN tv, 2 separate reporters had stories that Ukranian officials have confirmed that the MH17 black boxes were NOT sent to Russia ... but the black boxes are STILL within the Ukranian borders. No confirmation was given about who has possession of them though.

i hate to say this but in this one the flight recorders are not important ....in boith TWA 800 and Pan Am 103 (instant disintegration the flight recorder and data recorder just stopped .....instantly......most crashes are not like instant disintegration.

In both abovementioned events the wreckage and bodies told the story in each event....IMO the recorders in this tradegy the black boxes are going to be more about political crap.......not helpful in terms of the event itself ....it makes sense in all three there was not a mystery in what occurred -----all three exploded mid air and fell to earth or water....TWA 800 was water so it took longer but in that one two the recorders did nothing.....................

Feel as if I am being the "bad news" person.........we know all three were obliterated......there is no way for either device to work sudden electrical out, nothing to even measure cause all parts are no longer connected to anything

How humanitarian of him.

I certainly do pray, however, that it is true and his request will be respected...for the victims.

:praying:

MOO

it is interesting you said that cause when they just reported it I thought one would think that would be all over every media outlet lets see if in the next 15 minutes or so it gets picked up

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malays...links-ukraine-rebels-to-plane-crash-1.2710774

"It basically looks like ... the biggest crime scene in the world now, guarded by a bunch of guys in uniform with heavy fire power who are quite inhospitable."

Michael Bociurkiw, an observer with the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, expressed his frustration.

The team of observers from OSCE — including one Canadian — were threatened off with warning shots when they tried to access the crash site on Friday, CBC News reporter Susan Ormistan reported from Kyiv."

What accident? The downing of MH17 appears to be a deliberate act of terrorism, not an "accident".

Yes I understand your point ... it was a great trajedy.

I think that the separatists had the intention to shoot a military cargo plane, but since
they were not knowledgeable about the weapons, they mistakenly shot a passenger plane.

I think the separatists had something to gain if they shot down their enemy's supply link. And indeed,
they were quick to take credit for the downing WHEN they thought it was a cargo aircraft.

But the separatists did not have much to gain by shooting innoncent passengers from other countries. And when it became known that it was a commercial passenger plane, the separatists were quick to change their tune & have since denied downing the plane.

CNN said there is only one reporter left at the scene. I hope that's just because it's night time.
I know they took people's cell phones and cameras away.
All posts are MOO.

CNN said there is only one reporter left at the scene. I hope that's just because it's night time.
I know they took people's cell phones and cameras away.
All posts are MOO.

I've been nervous as a cat on behalf of the reporters and OSCE folks. They are dealing with such tense and obviously trigger-happy people. I pray that this tragedy does not escalate into even more deaths before it is over.

i hate to say this but in this one the flight recorders are not important

Understood ... but the public prefers that none of the MH17 final location be interfered with
... so that the offical investigators can properly evaluate anything & everything they want to.

it is interesting you said that cause when they just reported it I thought one would think that would be all over every media outlet lets see if in the next 15 minutes or so it gets picked up

Yes, I too will be interested to see if it is just words .. or a genuine request/order.

Putin is spending more time being peed off at our PM's comments than demonstrating that he is a decent world leader and person by helping us get the victims out YESTERDAY/NOW. imo

Moscow has voiced anger over being blamed by Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott for the downing of a Malaysia passenger jet over eastern Ukraine that killed all 298 people on board, calling his comments "unacceptable".

"Without bothering himself about evidence and operating only on speculation, Mr T. Abbott assigned guilt," the foreign ministry said in a statement. "Abbott's statements are unacceptable."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tt-comments-20140719-zuq68.html#ixzz37sWXZVfc

Aussie Presser - just now

"As a nation we have to prepare ourselves for difficult and painful weeks ahead.

Right now our priority is where MH17 came down.. right now bodies remain strewn about in the Ukraine. And rebel soldiers are trampling the area.

We are working urgently with our international partners to try to get them to let us in.

Every head of govt is full of shock and indignation, and every one is full of determination that we have a full investigation.

Regret to say, a monitoring mission did gain temp access then was driven off by gunfire, presumably by Russian-backed rebels.

We have already deployed 6 DFAT officers, AFP investigators on their way, more following.

Contingency in place for retrieval of bodies, I must say this is probably weeks away. We will support the families of the victims completely.

We will do all we can to bring the perps to account.

For the families and victims …Dignity, Respect and Justice."

…. with our PM – Ch 7 live news

Yes I understand your point ... it was a great trajedy.

I think that the separatists had the intention to shoot a military cargo plane, but since
they were not knowledgeable about the weapons, they mistakenly shot a passenger plane.

I think the separatists had something to gain if they shot down their enemy's supply link. And indeed,
they were quick to take credit for the downing WHEN they thought it was a cargo aircraft.

But the separatists did not have much to gain by shooting innoncent passengers from other countries. And when it became known that it was a commercial passenger plane, the separatists were quick to change their tune & have since denied downing the plane.
I now understand your use of the word "accident" in this context, IF the intent was to take down something other than MH17 or another commercial flight. Randomly firing at anything in the air, however, would be akin to shooting off a gun and "accidentally" killing someone who is hit by the bullet. It is still a criminal act by discharging that weapon with careless disregard for human life. Unfortunately in this case, those responsible may never pay for the consequences of their actions...or at least not here on earth.

MOO

I wasn't putting blame for the accident on Malaysia Airlines. My message was
written to comment on descisions that a pilot does OR does not have control over.
There are many small contributing factors that go into any accident.

What accident?

Yes, I too will be interested to see if it is just words .. or a genuine request/order.

Putin is spending more time being peed off at our PM's comments than demonstrating that he is a decent world leader and person by helping us get the victims out YESTERDAY/NOW. imo

Moscow has voiced anger over being blamed by Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott for the downing of a Malaysia passenger jet over eastern Ukraine that killed all 298 people on board, calling his comments "unacceptable".

"Without bothering himself about evidence and operating only on speculation, Mr T. Abbott assigned guilt," the foreign ministry said in a statement. "Abbott's statements are unacceptable."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...tt-comments-20140719-zuq68.html#ixzz37sWXZVfc

Yes, why is Abbott voicing such strong words against Russia? He started it yesterday and it didn't seem in keeping with the more measured tone of the other world leaders. Julie Bishop was exasperated that she couldn't speak to anyone in the Russian Foreign Ministry. Um, I would suggest that's because our government was the pointing the finger at them. We are not a big or powerful country. I don't like that Abbott is making these remarks on the world stage on our behalf.

Been out all day and trying to catch up. Could anyone tell me if it has been determined how many Americans were murdered on this flight?

Yes, why is Abbott voicing such strong words against Russia? He started it yesterday and it didn't seem in keeping with the more measured tone of the other world leaders. Julie Bishop was exasperated that she couldn't speak to anyone in the Russian Foreign Ministry. Um, I would suggest that's because our government was the pointing the finger at them. We are not a big or powerful country. I don't like that Abbott is making these remarks on the world stage on our behalf.

He certainly is able to keep his mouth VERY closed about what he is doing with the dozens of boat people that are trying to head our way. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose