Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has he been up to since then?
Thats the $64,000 question.

There is no doubt in my mind that whoever killed Rita and Colleen did not stop. It sounds to me like their killer would try other means and methods to get rid of the bodies.

Theory: What if JB is responsible for 1986 Patricia Costello and tried to make it look like a suicide. He would have been 20 then. New to murder. When news reports came out suggesting that the crime scene looked staged, he knew that wasn't a good method of disposal. From 1986-1993 there may have been others but after 1993 we know of many possibilities. There was the run of two or three, (CM, RT & SC) they were all discovered very quickly. In all of those cases the victims were strangled and in at least two there was the vicious head damage and they were discarded in wooded areas or parks. With CM and SC there was some kind of mutilation. By 1996 there is Fire Island and the legs with the nails partially painted red. Then in 2011 they matched other parts to those legs. Some parts were placed near other remains of Manorville victims. Then you have JT, another dismemberment case, and her head was found near the remains of other Manorville victim's parts and GB4.

Maybe none of this was to disguise the identity of the victims but merely to either entertain himself or cause shock to those who found the bodies and parts. By 2006 (AC4) he would have had his two boys. He would have been 40 years old. We should remember that a copy of "Beach Road" was found at the scene and that the killings occurred in quick succession (just like RT, SC & CM.) With GB4, he would have been doing this for 21 years without detection. Maybe by July of 2007, he was bored and wanted to keep his victims and had very little fear of being discovered. So, over the next three years he places them together and in a manner that he can revisit. By this time his kid's lives would have been getting busier with activities and he was involved in the lawsuit. It's likely he had less and less time for his hobby. As a way to prolong the excitement, he might have gotten sloppy and started calling family members to taunt as well as to relive the thrill while shocking and emotionally abusing the listeners.

Did anyone notice his protruding belly. It looks like the type of belly you see on people who spend time slumping. I've often referred to it as a pervert belly. By that I mean someone who spends time slumped at his computer surfing through *advertiser censored* and chat sites. Then there is his type of goatee/soul patch. Surf any sex offender database and they are everywhere.

Anyway, my point is that with less time to hunt and kill prostitutes, maybe he had a few special kills over those four years, preserved and kept those victims and in between surfed sites and taunted people over the phone. It wouldn't surprise me if KO, ALC's sister, maybe even DS, ended up getting calls from the killer, too. All in an effort to keep the thrill alive.

I really believe if he is responsible for Manorville and the dismembered JDs found on OP, then he is probably responsible for GB4 and finally AC4. Based on CM & RT's condition, this killer was not just a guy who snapped. IMO, he stalked them, got to know them to some degree, when their back was turned he'd strike, strangle them and then go about his real fantasy or thrill of mutilating the victims and posing them at another site. Whoever did this is a cunning and sadistic predator. IMO, whoever did this is about the presentation of the remains and the thrill of the damage caused when the remains are found. For him it is like seems like some sick art project.

Afterall, JB was described as a hunter and a carpenter. He was a "helpful" guy and as such had a way of giving people the impression of being a good guy. (Reminds me of Ted Bundy. Especially all of the faces he made in court.)

Did anyone notice his protruding belly. It looks like the type of belly you see on people who spend time slumping. I've often referred to it as a pervert belly. By that I mean someone who spends time slumped at his computer surfing through *advertiser censored* and chat sites. Then there is his type of goatee/soul patch. Surf any sex offender database and they are everywhere.

Or someone who spends too much time here on WS ...lol =) I've never heard 'pervert belly' , I'm going to have to steal that line.

Or someone who spends too much time here on WS ...lol =) I've never heard 'pervert belly' , I'm going to have to steal that line.
Literally belly laughing here...Yes, a WS belly too but not yet a "pervert belly." But, I keep close tabs to avoid the full slump belly. I make sure I do side stretches and ab work.

Anyway, I came up with that term a few years ago...after almost every 30-50 year old perv on Dateline had that same belly. Often times they had the goatee to go with the belly.

LE confirmed out of the 4 families, they couldn't contact one. My money is on Kim Overstreet. Taking a wild guess, remember she was the one to say she would be volunteering to lure "the guy"... Though me thinks she's probably <modsnip> somewhere in North Carolina or something. But who knows....

Last I heard she was in Lynnbrook or something like that. I also found an odd facebook page on her and it had only one really bad picture/unflattering picture of Amber. I kept wondering if somehow it was yet another Fake Page. I hope LE does find her.

Looks like a lump in the middle of his forehead; it's really odd how the wrinkles go in a weird V shape.

Yes, I posted the same thing yesterday. And you can see it even better in this video at about the 1:52 mark: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/31/long-island-man-pleads-not-guilty-in-cold-case-murders/

I've sent emails to a few friends and colleagues to see if anyone can tell me if that might be the result of a head injury or birth defect.

The interesting thing is that is the area of the prefrontal cortex. The PFC is responsible for executive functions such as decision making, impulse control, and emotional regulation. If that area is damaged, then he'd have a good case for a "mental defect" defense.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefrontal_cortex

Yes, I posted the same thing yesterday. And you can see it even better in this video at about the 1:52 mark: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/31/long-island-man-pleads-not-guilty-in-cold-case-murders/

I've sent emails to a few friends and colleagues to see if anyone can tell me if that might be the result of a head injury or birth defect.

The interesting thing is that is the area of the prefrontal cortex. The PFC is responsible for executive functions such as decision making, impulse control, and emotional regulation. If that area is damaged, then he'd have a good case for a "mental defect" defense.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefrontal_cortex

I sincerely hope they don't go for a mental defect defense. I think (and hope) it's just the way his forehead is shaped. Che Guevara had a weird forehead (although, Che did order the executions of many people), and there is a young woman who is a European royal who has an odd bump that sticks out in the center of her forehead. I think foreheads are just lumpy in some cases.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2689923/Welcome-Europe-s-newest-royal-Princess-Amalia-Luxembourg-baptised-small-French-chapel-spends-time-asleep.html

http://www.systemiccapital.com/bolivia-to-celebrate-che-guevaras-85th-birthday/

Or maybe he could only afford Botox for that one spot :p

There's an article dated August 1, 2014 in Newsday titled, "Prayed every day: For 21 years, she tried to believe sister's killer would be found", written by Nicole Fuller.

In this article, Rita's sister is interviewed. She says Rita is the youngest of six kids, and that they grew up in Bay Shore. I don't think she went to high school.

From the article: Tangredi attended Brentwood Junior High until ninth grade, Santacroce said, but after that, "she was out doing what she wanted to do."

Rita had three kids:
<modsnip>

Here's the link. I have to view it through Lexis Nexis because I'm not a subscriber, but for those who are:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ears-that-her-killer-would-be-found-1.8937832

LE confirmed out of the 4 families, they couldn't contact one. My money is on Kim Overstreet. Taking a wild guess, remember she was the one to say she would be volunteering to lure "the guy"... Though me thinks she's probably <modsnip> somewhere in North Carolina or something. But who knows....

Do you have a link to this? I'd like to read the article.

Does anyone know Bittrolff's birthdate? I know the year is 1966. Does anyone have the month and day?

Does anyone know Bittrolff's birthdate? I know the year is 1966. Does anyone have the month and day?
In my searches I thought I found he was born in July. I don't know where I saw that and I never found a date. One site showed his spouse as a Cancer... Could be late June or July.

Agreed. Woodchips cling strongly to clothing and hair, and very likely transferred from a work shed, vehicle -- and yes, possibly -- a work site where the victims were held. They're incidental, but also significant.
And with that thick hair on his arms and the back of his neck, as seen in the above pic, he may have transferred the wood shavings and or sawdust onto the victims, from his own skin and/or head hair.

Keahon is one of the best on the island as well as politically connected. If I was up for murder, he would be one of my choices.

Anyone think it's possible the wood chips came from a circular saw? I guess if that was the case it probably would have been reported as saw dust but that was the first thing to come to my mind a carpenter using a circular saw.

Per Ancestry.com, his birthdate is July 1, 1966.

That date is very significant to MB, MBB, & MW who all went missing in either June or early July. Patricia Costello was also found on June 1st which was likely very close to Memorial Day.

The more I hear...

ETA: Memorial Day was May 26, 1986.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members