That One Key Piece of Guilty Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had better photos of where JRH was parked that day because it would make the backing in make more sense as well. I've seen the overview shots from google but if any make anything out and it's confusing.

he didn't back in, imo. it was a mistaken assertion.

My understanding that he pulled past a parking space and then went in reverse and pulled in to space. I'm still confused though, and I'm a very visual person. It appears in the reenactment photos/video that his vehicle is in a front space, so did he pull through a space to park, leaving the space behind him open?

My understanding that he pulled past a parking space and then went in reverse and pulled in to space. I'm still confused though, and I'm a very visual person. It appears in the reenactment photos/video that his vehicle is in a front space, so did he pull through a space to park, leaving the space behind him open?

That's my understanding, too. Snipped from the CNN hearing transcript:

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: When he parked how did he park? Did he pull straight into his space or something else?

STODDARD: When he pulls from the parking lot he pulls past the space. After he pulls past the space he goes into reverse and he backs up and when he backs up he backs up in between two cars that were parked in the row behind him and then he pulls forward into the parking space.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

Imo, jmo, moo, etc....

ETA: I'll have to re-watch that part of the hearing to be sure...I don't always get the correct context when reading transcripts. I much prefer to see and hear it for myself than to read someone else's transcription. JMO.

He HAD TO BACK IN
unless he can drive through a tree.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/clip/10345721/investigators-simulate-conditions

yryjyrys.jpg
megage2a.jpg

All posts are MOO

**ok... Why can't I find a parking space like that in that lot? It the tree just beside the car? The video looks like the tree is behind it.

All posts are MOO

I was just looking at it again, ginger, and imo, the tree is in the grassy area, and not behind the car. Stoddard also mentioned the grassy area. Snipped from hearing transcript:

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: When he parked how did he park? Did he pull straight into his space or something else?

STODDARD: When he pulls from the parking lot he pulls past the space. After he pulls past the space he goes into reverse and he backs up and when he backs up he backs up in between two cars that were parked in the row behind him and then he pulls forward into the parking space.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And the parking space he pulls into, what, is to the left? If i am the person driving to the car, what is to my left?

STODDARD: If it's the person driving to your left it's another car.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Is the driver side on the other side of the defendant's car?

STODDARD: No, the driver's side if we turn to your left you'll have a parked car and then the defendant's car and then to the right is a grassy area.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: OK, so the right is actually a grassy area with no cars or anything

STODDARD: Now did his car have a backing camera or anything like that that would have assisted him when he stopped, pulled back and backs up to pull in?

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Nothing that i could get to turn on.

STODDARD: So what would he have had to do to back up?

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: He would have to look in the rear-view mirror and use both his side mirrors.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

I was just looking at it again, ginger, and imo, the tree is in the grassy area, and not behind the car. Stoddard also mentioned the grassy area. Snipped from hearing transcript:

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And the parking space he pulls into, what, is to the left? If i am the person driving to the car, what is to my left?

STODDARD: If it's the person driving to your left it's another car.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Is the driver side on the other side of the defendant's car?

STODDARD: No, the driver's side if we turn to your left you'll have a parked car and then the defendant's car and then to the right is a grassy area.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: OK, so the right is actually a grassy area with no cars or anything

STODDARD: Now did his car have a backing camera or anything like that that would have assisted him when he stopped, pulled back and backs up to pull in?

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Nothing that i could get to turn on.

STODDARD: So what would he have had to do to back up?

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: He would have to look in the rear-view mirror and use both his side mirrors.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html
Ahhh!!! Do they mean grassy or pine straw???
I am.confused. Is it either of these spaces? I heard 4th row. Was that a rumor?
I have thought all along it was "B"

Was it "A"?
Another spot all together?
yna9u5e7.jpg

All posts are MOO

He HAD TO BACK IN
unless he can drive through a tree.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/clip/10345721/investigators-simulate-conditions

yryjyrys.jpg
megage2a.jpg

All posts are MOO

Ok, it looks to me like that might be a single row parking aisle that has a grassy patch beside it and behind it but that parking spot (and that spot only, it appears, based on the tree and grass we can see) has blacktop where you can pull in from behind. So, according to Stoddard, he pulled past the spot, went in reverse, backed into a spot between two cars (like he was going to park there almost, but to get a better angle) and then pulled forward into this spot...

I don't mean to be flip, but I can tell I'm not from the area as that sure doesn't look like patch of grass to me. Looks like a big ol' bunch of dirt. :)

Was it "A"?
yna9u5e7.jpg

All posts are MOO
It is B. imo

Was it "A"?
yna9u5e7.jpg

All posts are MOO

IDK. Not sure either. :confused:

In the media thread, when they did the reenactment the reporter said he was parked in the 4th row on the end.

?? I can't find the car seat thread. I will get on my tablet. Maybe it just won't show on my phone. I grabbed two screen shots of the actual seat in the actual car, from that video.

All posts are MOO

Snipped by me, just for cleanliness of thread :)
I'd guess B based on the photos, mostly the second tree and "grassy patch" in the background. If that's correct, there was no open space behind him for someone to park (and possibly see Cooper), where if it were space A, that would be a possibility.

I don't mean to be flip, but I can tell I'm not from the area as that sure doesn't look like patch of grass to me. Looks like a big ol' bunch of dirt. :)

lol That's not a grassy patch where I'm from either.

Snipped by me, just for cleanliness of thread :)
I'd guess B based on the photos, mostly the second tree and "grassy patch" in the background. If that's correct, there was no open space behind him for someone to park (and possibly see Cooper), where if it were space A, that would be a possibility.

lol That's not a grassy patch where I'm from either.

Looks that way to me too, no grassy spot and B. In the LE simulated pics, the front of the car was pointed toward the exit/enter aisle of the parking lot. If this is the parking spot RH chose that morning, it appears RH would have had to back the car into the spot. There is not an empty spot behind RH's car that he could have pulled his car thru where the front of his car was situated the way it looks in the simulated LE photos. If there is a trial, this will all be thoroughly explained by LE. I am also guessing that HD had more than one security camera and we will get to see the video from several angles.

In post #125 It looks like you can see the parking lot cars at the building next door. Here the blue car is parked in the spot. I'll try and get a wider view, This REALLY just made my mind spin!
unyja5ys.jpg

All posts are MOO

Looks that way to me too, no grassy spot and B. In the LE simulated pics, the front of the car was pointed toward the exit/enter aisle of the parking lot. If this is the parking spot RH chose that morning, it appears RH would have had to back the car into the spot. There is not an empty spot behind RH's car that he could have pulled his car thru where the front of his car was situated the way it looks in the simulated LE photos. If there is a trial, this will all be thoroughly explained by LE. I am also guessing that HD had more than one security camera and we will get to see the video from several angles.

I don't know where the original photo was taken from, before whoever added the bold outline of A and B. Without those, I think space B has an opening behind it where he could have pulled in from behind.

for those who just cant wrap their heads around the :30 seconds, according to the ATLANTA jOURNAL cONSTITUTUION it wasn't 30 seconds at all, but half that. The paper wonders if the cop "embellished" his testimony.

for those who are certain he would have seen something when he returned to the car, the paper points out that the cops got it wrong about their description of what he was able to see, based on the video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-22-month-old-son-died-vehicle.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-murder-22-month-old-son-died-vehicle.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member