Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't live in one of these communities.
It seems that some think they are interchangeably.
I was explaining that they really aren't.

Thanks for that information, because I DID think they were interchangeable.

If Janise was last seen when going to bed Saturday night, and the parents did'nt realize she was missing until Sunday night when she did not come home for dinner, why didn't the parents realize she was missing Sunday morning?
Did the parents think Janise just hopped out of bed before anyone else and left early to roam the neighborhood?
Were the parents use to waking up and not having their 6 year old daughter in the house?
Why did't the parents sound the alarm when Janise was not home on Sunday for breakfast or lunch? Did they not feed their child?
Why did it take all the way to Sunday night during dinner time to realize Janise was gone?
Where did Janise get her meals/breakfast/lunch on Sunday? Were the neighbors use to feeding her?
The timeline is just messed up for me and does not make sense.

Sadly enough, the timeline is correct. You are reading it right. When the family woke up, she was not in her bed, but apparently, that did not raise any red flags for them.

Boy, I don't know what to make of all this. Until the press conference I suspected a family member but nothing in the presser indicated LE was thinking the same. They're either playing their cards close to the vest or they have someone else in mind.

Statistics say it was someone close to the family but here we have a close-knit community which behaves like family so where does that leave us? Well, my next best guess was a teen or teens in the MHP. I keep seeing this case as a spontaneous act of opportunity and not premeditated.

With my radar being so off I'll probably be wrong on all counts. I think we knew what the ending was going to be but it doesn't lessen the sadness felt here. In one brief moment a life can change. It's not fair.

Sadly enough, the timeline is correct. You are reading it right. When the family woke up, she was not in her bed, but apparently, that did not raise any red flags for them.

Im just not sure this is a fact yet.

Who is it that is the last known real sighting? Do we know that?

So here's my very , very loose theory. A 14 yr old girl , who was with her 'all of saturday'' ( or was it all of saturday night? ) was babysitting her. She says when she woke up , J was gone. So , I wonder if the folks were gone out with friends , out taking care of errands, whatever , for many hours on sat and into sat evening. This may have been a regular babysitter , so they trusted her and they were used to each other. Maybe the folks are so late coming in sometimes that she just stays the night OR possibly has J stay the night at her place? Maybe she has a few friends from the neighborhood hang out while babysitting since they all know each other in this trailer court. Maybe babysitter sends all the friends home and she and J fall asleep. Maybe one of these friends sneaks back later or maybe this other friend never left and they all fell ' asleep' and this friend waited. Maybe mom and dad come in so late they don't check necessarily each bed for each kid. They see the sitter snoozing on the couch and assume that all the kid(s) in her care overnight are sleeping in their normal place. Maybe it's really late like the wee morning hours of Sunday when the folks come in. Maybe the 14 yr old babysitter wakes up , sees the folks are home , sees J is ' gone' and doesn't really think a lot of it because everything else seems ' normal'. Maybe sometimes J sneaks into her folks bed and not seeing her that morning does not raise a flag . So the folks sleep away quite a lot of the day because they were out very late and all was well when they came in.
That's my theory. Feel free to tear it apart or add to it .

ETA This is my within TOS theory :)

What local teen MP was actually quoted as saying was

"M, 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night. “I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” M said." http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

This is M and friend D, residents of the mobile home park

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/loc...a-wellknown-presence-in-neighborhood_29691205

"She`s last seen that night around 10:00 PM going to bed, bedtime. She goes to her*
bedroom, which she shares with her siblings. They`ve got two sets of bunk beds in the room."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1408/05/ng.01.html

All posts are MOO
by her parents? I am not sure I believe that if they are the source of that. I can see them saying that just to appease police. I just don't think we have a true and accurate timeline here yet. Just a feeling.. and opinion.

We do know a 14 year old girl spent most of Friday and Saturday with J. However, it was reported the young teen did not see her on Sunday.

"MP, 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night. “I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” M said." http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

This is MP and friend DM, residents of the mobile home park

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/loc...a-wellknown-presence-in-neighborhood_29691205

And when was she reported missing? 24 hours later?

I will stop with the line of thought because I don't want to cross any lines. I hope this a quick solution for police.

by her parents? I am not sure I believe that if they are the source of that. I can see them saying that just to appease police. I just don't think we have a true and accurate timeline here yet. Just a feeling.. and opinion.
Sorry, I am behind. I'm still on bunk beds. I do agree with you. The timeline is sketchy at best.

All posts are MOO

"MP, 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night. “I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” M said." http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

Oh wow, thanks so much. I see my error. Previously I thought it read more like she woke up , expecting J to be right there. That's why i thought she may have been sitting for them. Curious she said woke up but she's a child and they say things a little different. She means she never saw her on Sunday at any time after she woke up or all day :(

ITA. As difficult as its been for those of us following along with this case via computer can you imagine what it must have been like on the scene? Sometimes laughter or back slapping is the only way to keep from just falling apart for LE who deal with awful things day after day. JMO

Again, this is just MOO but I was with a family member not long after he and his partner discovered a mother and her two toddlers slashed to death from a drug deal gone bad. I knew what he'd seen but just days after, he was joking around like his usual self, cracking jokes, etc. That was his first murder scene and as all cops say, finding kids is the worst. It was for him too but he put training into practice (and was also in department counselling, which I didn't know at the time) and seemed his jovial self. Those of us who never see the stuff cops see have a hard time understanding. I'm just grateful I never have to see it, or deal with it.

I'm wondering if this is even the truth until what time Saturday was M with her? and what about the siblings? The siblings are older did none of them hang out with Jenise in the neighborhood making sure she was OK or made it home?

I am pretty sure she must share a room with one of her older sibs. I trust them to know if she was home Saturday evening and went to bed or not. I would be less likely to trust an adult's word about that. But I think the 12 yr old makes a credible witness for that evening. jmo

Some have asked why it's relevant whether this community is called a mobile home park or a trailer court/park. It IS relevant and here's why:

From a person who lives there, it's already been described as a mobile home community, primarily occupied by young families, retired, military, etc. I also believe she mentioned the homes are not rentals, they're owned. Honestly, not much different at all than any other neighborhood. From myself as well as someone who used to work there, and had a family member who lived there (and owned his mobile), it's not at all what the general public considers a trailer park, run down rental trailers, sketchy occupants, unkept lots with trash all over the place. (it did have a bad rep about 30 years ago but I've been told by people who live there and know them that the current managers do all they can to run a GOOD, safe community) The reason it's relevant I believe is due to the comments about the transients in the vicinity. Just clearing that up that they do NOT live in the park. Jenise was from a fairly decent neighborhood, not some sketchy high-traffic area with strangers coming and going. The comments from LE about the "phenomenal" cooperation from all the people in the park should speak volumes about the majority of the character of the type of people who live there. As someone who used to own a mobile home service company in Bremerton, I can guarantee you you'd *never* hear that about occupants of a "trailer park". Ever.

I just wanted to clear that up. That being said, even perverts live in nice houses with nice yards. It doesn't mean the whole neighborhood is full of them.

Again, this is just opinion and maybe regional. Around here, They have some nice mobile homes.. But they are still in the trailer park. It is gated and has a guard on duty. Nice little community but there is no difference in what it is called.

I am pretty sure she must share a room with one of her older sibs. I trust them to know if she was home Saturday evening and went to bed or not. I would be less likely to trust an adult's word about that. But I think the 12 yr old makes a credible witness for that evening. jmo
how do we know the other kids were there?
I don't know. This case is just so insane to me.
Watching the dad's video got me saucy. I know the feeling of having a child missing for just a short time, And 2 days later he is joking about her being out and about and being independent and that if she is staying somewhere, send her home.. She has a home here.
I don't know. I believe at this point they are two different issues. Her care and her death.. But her care upsets me so much.

Actually that is just a matter of opinion. Around here they are trailer parks. They can look like real homes but are mobile and they are still called trailer parks. It is all the same thing to me. Some are nicer and some are not as nice but all called the same.

Ok......here's the difference:
Trailer parks have "dwellings" you can just back up your hitch on a sub compact vehicle, unhook your utilities by unplugging an electrical cable, unscrewing a hose and hit the road. And they usually have a license plate and brake lights on the back of them. They are built to be aerodynamic and virtually seamless. They are usually 8 feet wide, the max is 10.

Mobile homes require yearly property taxes, utilities that are connected the way a standard stick built home has, insulation with an actual "R" factor, 4-6 inch exterior walls, standard duct work for AC and heating, full size water heaters, many have fireplaces or woodstoves, you need transport permits to move them from point A to point B (In Az they're called Class C permits) and the majority are built to such a code, that they can be placed on permanent foundations in stick built home communities.
And you need a tractor trailer to move them, although, in a pinch, a one ton truck will do but LE will pull you over for an oversized load. Their widths are 12-16 feet (per half if you're talking a double wide) and height with axles and tires, an average of 13 1/2 feet. You have to plot out your route and get it approved through DOT, to avoid low overpasses, overhead utilities, low weight bearing bridges and narrow roads.
Hope that clarifies!

Can someone post a picture of the parents, I haven't been able to find one.

The other children being removed by social services is cause for concern- IMO.

Post 835 doesn't have a picture, BTW!

Oh wow, thanks so much. I see my error. Previously I thought it read more like she woke up , expecting J to be right there. That's why i thought she may have been sitting for them. Curious she said woke up but she's a child and they say things a little different. She means she never saw her on Sunday at any time after she woke up or all day :(

What really stood out to me is that this M girl was obviously accustomed to seeing Jenise daily. Then Sunday - nothing. If M was someone who saw Jenise every day (and that's just an assumption) then did *anyone* really see her Sunday? If she was still around in the park, wouldn't her normal routine include going to see M? I would think so. I'd sure love to know reported to LE that they saw Jenise Sunday, and if *anyone* else can back that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves