Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been in court this morning. Any updates? Court appearance yet? New charges?

I am not at all surprised his name was out right away. It is a small community, it was expected.

I am not surprised either. IMO Whenever there is a school shooting, we seem to hear the name of the suspect from the students online, first.

But it's not a different world. The stats have remained steady. I linked to various cases from just the 1940's, after a cursory search, of murdered little girls. No real difference between the free roaming days and now as far as numbers of such murders.

It it was too many then and too many now but it hasn't gotten worse and the risks remain incredibly low. I've pointed various stats regarding this.

OT

I really appreciated you posting that data, Gitana. I was just discussing the topic with my MIL recently, as she complained that the world is so horrible nowadays that children cannot play outside anymore like they used to when she was young. I stated that I was pretty sure crimes against children have always existed similar to today, but there was not pervasive media (Social Media, Internet, etc.) spreading news like wildfire. Additionally, sex crimes against adults and children alike were simply not talked about and were swept under the rug.

Anyway, I was really just stating my opinion at the time but was glad to see that information backed up by the data in your links!

I do not know him. Just what people are telling me now. But, W's I had a front seat. Forgiveness....don't think so, I can't get past my own guilt. Let me add, J had TWO parents, so far all the focus has been on father.

Yes...how easy it is to only focus on the father!

christine clarridge ‏@seaclarridge 26m
Jenise Wright's parents have custody hearing today at 1:30 & hope to have children taken by CPS returned. "They had no reason," dad said.

https://twitter.com/seaclarridge

ETA: This reporter has other interesting tweets recently

Since he is being tried as an adult can we start posting his stuff?

Gitana,

Kevin McCarty ‏@KevinKIRO7 · 7m
Kitsap Prosecutor says 17 y.o. accused of killing Jenise Wright will be charged with Murder 1 and Rape of a Child 1. To be tried as an adult

Earlier, we found out his appearance would be in Superior Court due to the seriousness of his crime then this reporters tweet. hth

Sorry about that. I was the one who pointed out to look at the comments. I really thought the interesting comment was not the one "outing" the suspect, and since I can't discuss comments, I couldn't specify.

Hopefully I'm not rehashing a rant that has already been covered, I'm 3 pages behind still! The comments on this article demonstrate my issue with the public sleuthing this case w/o having him officially identified... This is the first time I've looked at any of the MSM comments on this case and I got just a few in and they are showing pictures of two different boys with the same name. They look nothing alike IMO, except both being boys with dark hair, but that doesn't stop people from posting a non-accused kid's photo, implying he is stupid, questioning whether he got the scratch on his face from being stoned, saying he showed up to the vigil with scratches too... Seriously?

This other kid happens to have the same name and does NOT deserve to have his face associated with such a heinous crime. How unfortunate to be associated with something so horrid. If people would just chill out until the suspect is arraigned everyone will know what the suspect looks like and mistakes like this won't be made.

:seeya: Here you go... Court appearance has not happened yet..answers below...

Kevin McCarty ‏@KevinKIRO7 · 7m
Kitsap Prosecutor says 17 y.o. accused of killing Jenise Wright will be charged with Murder 1 and Rape of a Child 1. To be tried as an adult

My apologies if this is a duplicate

https://twitter.com/KevinKIRO7

Suspect will appear in superior court instead of district court because of the seriousness of the charges. He will appear in person instead of by video now.

https://twitter.com/AlexRozier/status/498860597904416768

Does that mean there is more than one dna at the crime scene ?

No. The request was made during a press conference the day prior to the arrest. I looked for a link to the press conference but can't find it.
LE stated that they were testing DNA over the next 24 hours - that would be the samples they already collected to match with the DNA found at the scene. If someone came forward after that press conference, their sample would probably be sent to the head of the line. LE would be suspicious of anyone who didn't comply immediately.
For all I know though, the suspect did comply. In the end, LE matched his DNA to the person who killed Janise.

(I'm coming off from being nearly incapacitated by ragweed over the past two plus days - just miserable.)

I know that he may have meant it in a nice way... we don't know. But what I do know is that no matter what he INTENDS his words to mean, how they are received is what matters. Calling a kid a "spoiled little brat" (particularly a missing kid who apparently runs around barefoot and gets her meals from random neighbors) just makes him look bad. It also makes me wonder if he called Jenise that. I don't think "spoiled brat" is an affectionate thing to say about anyone; I would certainly never brag about my kid being a spoiled brat.

My daughter is six and my ex used to call her a spoiled little brat and it hurt.her.deeply. She said (to him in counseling) that it made her feel unloved and that she didn't feel good about herself when he said stuff like that. There were many other issues with my ex's treatment of our daughter, and she was neglected when she would have weekend visits at his house, but him ignoring her needs didn't matter to her. She didn't care that he would go hours without talking to her while she played alone so he could play fantasy football. She didn't care that he would get mad if she asked him to take a break and get her lunch. What hurt her and made her never want to be around him was him replacing her name with phrases like "spoiled little brat" or called her, "(first name) curse word (middle name)."

The fact that Jenise was known to wander the neighborhood alone for large amounts of time instead of being in her house with her family makes me think it wasn't the most affectionate and joyful place to grow up. JMO. Six year olds want to be with their families not wandering alone.

If I remember correctly he did not use the word "Brat". He referred to her as a spoiled little princess. That is a huge difference in my opinion. To the rest of you who said her father showed no emotion, you obviously did not see all of the interviews. I have linked one that clearly shows the man is emotionally distraught.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-joins-search-missing-6-year-old-jenise-wright-n172721

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500