Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with his name released in the media, we will not post it here because he is a minor until he is officially charged as an adult.

Reporters are tweeting his name. fyi (I won't say it until it's official)

It should mean that. But currently, jurisdictions have been using 2 seconds of forethought to qualify as "premeditation". Premeditation used to mean it was actually planned, with schemes for how to cover evidence, obtaining items to hide the body/clean the scene, prepare an alibi, etc. Recently premeditation has just meant walking over to the victim or grabbing a knife. So who knows. Maybe they do have evidence of planning ahead.

Obviously, Le have obtained more evidence to purge the Manslaughter First Degree and Second Degree Murder charges to make it First Degree Murder. Is there a death penalty in Washington State?

Murder 1 means he planned this right?

That's one reason a person can be charged for murder 1 in Washington, but not the only reason.

RCW 9A.32.030

Murder in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of murder in the first degree when:

(a) With a premeditated intent to cause the death of another person, he or she causes the death of such person or of a third person; or

(b) Under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life, he or she engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to any person, and thereby causes the death of a person; or

(c) He or she commits or attempts to commit the crime of either (1) robbery in the first or second degree, (2) rape in the first or second degree, (3) burglary in the first degree, (4) arson in the first or second degree, or (5) kidnapping in the first or second degree, and in the course of or in furtherance of such crime or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants : Except that in any prosecution under this subdivision (1)(c) in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, if established by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, it is a defense that the defendant:

(i) Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause, or aid the commission thereof; and

(ii) Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article, or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury; and

(iii) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article, or substance; and

(iv) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.

(2) Murder in the first degree is a class A felony.

[1990 c 200 § 1; 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38 § 3; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 §9A.32.030 .]

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9A.32.030

Many states automatically upgrade to Murder in the 1st when it is done while committing another felony (in this case, rape).

Obviously, Le have obtained more evidence to purge the Manslaughter First Degree and Second Degree Murder charges to make it First Degree Murder. Is there a death penalty in Washington State?

Yes but there is no death penalty in the US for those under 18, even if charged as an adult. Also no life without parole.

He's a minor so he can't get the death penalty. Even still, there's a moratorium on executions in Washington until our governor leaves office.

When they booked him on suspicion of murder 2 and manslaughter, they hadn't interviewed him yet.

Yes but there is no death penalty in the US for those under 18, even if charged as an adult. Also no life without parole.

LWOP is possible for a juvie, depends on the state, our wonderful Gitana was talking about it last night I believe.

eta: what was outlawed was mandatory LWOP as a sentence guideline I believe (imo imo imo)

The death penalty has been suspended in WA by Gov. Inslee. If I could figure out how to link an article here from my phone, I would.

this is exactly the same situation that Austin Sigg found himself in (Jessica Ridgeway).

Even with his name released in the media, we will not post it here because he is a minor until he is officially charged as an adult.

I have visited many sleuthing sites and all information has been released on their sites as of yesterday BUT I choose to stay on this site only for its class!

BBM:

"The family of Jenise Wright has planned a memorial for Jenise at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Silverdale LDS stake center, 9256 Nels Nelson Road in East Bremerton. The family has invited friends, family and neighbors to the memorial, and made a special invitation to search and rescue crew members and law enforcement officers who assisted in the case."

10553430_1538751406346234_8697142462265531992_n.jpg

10612805_1538751409679567_7531684952032400199_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FindJeniseWright

Alex Rozier‏@AlexRozier·9 mins
Since the 17 year old murder suspect will be tried as an adult we will be releasing his name soon.

Alex Rozier‏@AlexRozier·8 mins
The detectives are 100% certain that this 17 year old is guilty. "His defense cannot be that we have the wrong guy."

Alex Rozier‏@AlexRozier·8 mins
No matter what happens in court the boy cannot receive the death penalty, according to Kitsap County Prosecutor. #JeniseWright
Worry is this allowed on a media thread.
(Do we have a media thread yet> )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member