Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing...about the motel....Okay so we don't know what incident took place to have him evicted....but...
Who would just...walk out? ...especially when they've been court ordered to stay in that particular place? Wouldn't it make sense to either call the lawyer/LE/person in authority to tell them 'hey...they are kicking me out...what do I do?"...Rather than just...walk away? He had to know they'd pick him up even just for that....you'd think? JMOO

So here were the charges in May, 1999.

A
recent tip led police to Mr. Garland in Vancouver, where he was arrested last week. Police say he had been using the name Matthew Kemper Hartley -- a name that actually belonged to a 14-year-old Alberta boy killed in a car crash in 1980.

He faces charges of impersonation, trafficking in a controlled substance, theft over $5,000, possession of break-in instruments, possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and obstructing a police officer.

And comments about his work in BC.

Though Mr. Garland was "technically average," he was a pleasant fellow who was quick to do whatever was asked of him, said the recent employer. "He went an extra amount to accommodate, he is a very courteous person," said the employer. "Even when he dropped a beaker he would offer to pay for it, but of course we would say no."

Mr. Garland kept to himself and did not socialize with his fellow scientists. Beyond work, his activities during the last seven years remain a mystery, say investigators, who are continuing to examine the case.
http://injusticebusters.org/index.htm/newstories3.htm

Acreage owners are not allowed to burn animals and other livestock on their properties. This is rural, but it's not the wild west.

Oh...well 40 years ago, it was the wild west lol :)
Poured gas over the dead animals and threw a match on the pile.

No apology required :) I wasn't kidding.:) Seems to me the stars lined up for him extremely well that day already :) Why would it have to be a custom grave? Shallow would be fine. And who would question a backhoe at a construction site? IMO, that's not such a big stretch...where else would a backhoe be going? Makes more sense to be going to a construction site than the middle of a farmers field with bodies in the bucket. :) As long as it was between the hours of 7 am and 11 pm, he's good. JMO

he could take them to a pre dug hole in his truck. Being that it's a premeditated crime, we can only guess how long he had been premeditating,, it could have been a year for all we know. the actual crime had a time frame, the prepping too but it allowed time.

No apology required :) I wasn't kidding.:) Seems to me the stars lined up for him extremely well that day already :) Why would it have to be a custom grave? Shallow would be fine. And who would question a backhoe at a construction site? IMO, that's not such a big stretch...where else would a backhoe be going? Makes more sense to be going to a construction site than the middle of a farmers field with bodies in the bucket. :) As long as it was between the hours of 7 am and 11 pm, he's good. JMO
Are you aware that commercial construction sites have nighttime security?

This is true, but wouldn't the helicopter have picked that freshly covered dig up? Even if it looked like a culvert installation, I'm sure LE would be on it. JMO
there are lots of roads and ditches and fields to choose from. A funny story is the Oldman River Dam; some people protested its development and others welcomed it and big earth movers showed up and built it, without one document allowing it to be built,, in other words, who questions farm equipment doing farm equipment stuff in a ditch. Some municipalities/counties share the responsibility of cleaning and clearing ditches of over growth. If you spend time out on the backroads you see farmers in the field and in the ditches, it's normal and doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Just as an added note here about the burning and the greenhouse lights...it was brought up here by one of our members that a friend who lived close by had seen this *I would have to go and find it again*....but I have yet to find it mentioned anywhere in MSM....if anyone could find any link to that being referenced it would be great...otherwise...do we know that was the case? *As much as I would like that to be...cuz it fits with a possible scenario*

IIRC, it was stated on an early news clip, when LE had just arrived at the Garland farm. One of the neighbours interviewed by reporters stated the greenhouse lights were on all night on one of the nights previous, and that the burning bin had been going for a whole day.

In a wider past tense timeframe a dig could have been prepped a month or two prior and under the guise of draining a problem water catch, putting in a culvert for drainage as there was some heavy rain for farmers this past Spring.

I'm pretty sure that acreage people bury their pets by digging a hole in the ground and, for big dogs (more common on acreages), it has to be about five feet long and three feet wide. It has to be 6 feet deep to ensure that coyotes and other wild animals don't dig it up. After a couple of feet of topsoil, there's clay. It takes about half a day to dig a nice deep hole big enough for an animal ... maybe a couple of hours more to dig one for three people. If a hole was dug on the Airdrie property, it would have been found by police when they walked should to shoulder through the fields. I don't believe that it would be easy to dig such a hole on someone else's property and that the disturbed earth would not be noticed.

I'm still wondering what caused him to be evicted in the first place....all that was ever said was 'an incident'...

ETA: IIRC...he crossed fields to get home....not a smart move if he was trying to evade skeeters...he'd be stirring up the masses going cross country....

I think the "stars" that lined up that night were the stars of LE. Carefully orchestrated. I can't wait for the day where we learn about all if this. I think we will find that LE did exactly what they needed to in order to catch their suspect / POI! Even if they did have to stage a little drama at the motel to eventuate that mission. Sigh. 18 months or 2 years from now is a long time to wait. The only hope is a guilty plea and we will all then be put out of our misery.

A shallow grave is not fine because wild animals would re-dig the hole.

Someone operating machinery on a construction site in the middle of the night or the middle of the day would be noticed.

Oh...well 40 years ago, it was the wild west lol :)
Poured gas over the dead animals and threw a match on the pile.

I don't think so. Even 40 years ago there were bylaws about burning on the prairies.

It's moved about 8 feet+ closer to the water catcher and the outbuilding, thanks for your help.

wait, pologies,, looking over other pics back and forth I think I'm wrong (damn perspective). but it does move as there are tire marks that run almost under it on the google pics if you zoom in and out. anyhoo, while flicking back and forth between pics something else did stand out, something sterile,, it's as if there are two worlds on the G property,, ma & pa"s world, the house the manicured lawn,, then there is the rest of the property, where the messy bits go, I'll call this dg's world. he may have had ideas for a garden, nicely planned and tilled on google maps but by crime time it seems weedy, unkempt, a project forgotten or something else came to the fore of his thoughts.

open two screens,, the crime one and the google one and tell me what you think on this.

Are you aware that commercial construction sites have nighttime security?

Exactly...not to mention, developers build subdivisions in stages. There would already be homes occupied by new owners on the hypothetical street, and I'm almost sure they would notice a backhoe operating on their street in the middle of the night. They'd be some p o'd.

Another thing...about the motel....Okay so we don't know what incident took place to have him evicted....but...
Who would just...walk out? ...especially when they've been court ordered to stay in that particular place? Wouldn't it make sense to either call the lawyer/LE/person in authority to tell them 'hey...they are kicking me out...what do I do?"...Rather than just...walk away? He had to know they'd pick him up even just for that....you'd think? JMOO

Exactly, but that question belongs to another theory...which is not very popular around here...lol. DG actually wanted to get caught. That's the 3rd stupidest thing he did...#1 was driving his truck back and forth on CCTV; #2 was using a stolen identity that he had already been caught with and #3 was going back to the acreage after he was told not to twice. The first time was when it was part of his bail conditions, the second time he was told was when he asked the judge the question "I work on a farm, sometimes til past 9:00 pm, will the residence be on the farm?" Come on! That question in court just blows me away, he can't have been serious? JMO

Well, maybe not so much! What if DG needed a day or day and a half to dissolve/burn/whatever he did to the bodies. It was pretty warm out when this happened, it sure wouldn't take long for those bodies to start decomposing and/or smelling in a big hurry. http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Stages.html
The temperature in Airdrie on July 1 was 24 C, and 26 C on July 2nd, 2014. http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/airdrie/t4b/month/52095?monyr=7/01/2014

Plastic and duct tape. Embalming is too far fetched and would take longer than just disposing in the first place. The half mask respirator in the picture earlier also cuts down odors.

I think the "stars" that lined up that night were the stars of LE. Carefully orchestrated. I can't wait for the day where we learn about all if this. I think we will find that LE did exactly what they needed to in order to catch their suspect / POI! Even if they did have to stage a little drama at the motel to eventuate that mission. Sigh. 18 months or 2 years from now is a long time to wait. The only hope is a guilty plea and we will all then be put out of our misery.
I agree. I think a large part of the ousting from the motel was staged by LE. They wanted the suspect to go back home or wherever to hopefully lead them to the bodies.

A shallow grave is not fine because wild animals would re-dig the hole.

Someone operating machinery on a construction site in the middle of the night or the middle of the day would be noticed.

No kidding,...even the neighbourhood poodles and yorkies would be interested.

I'm pretty sure that acreage people bury their pets by digging a hole in the ground and, for big dogs (more common on acreages), it has to be about five feet long and three feet wide. It has to be 6 feet deep to ensure that coyotes and other wild animals don't dig it up. After a couple of feet of topsoil, there's clay. It takes about half a day to dig a nice deep hole big enough for an animal ... maybe a couple of hours more to dig one for three people. If a hole was dug on the Airdrie property, it would have been found by police when they walked should to shoulder through the fields. I don't believe that it would be easy to dig such a hole on someone else's property and that the disturbed earth would not be noticed.

Would he leave anything resembling a grave? Or would he be smart enough to carefully dig up some crop and replace it over the bodies? That might be visable on a lawn but in acrop field?
If you dug carefully, between rows, buried bodies deeply and very carefully replaced the plants with reasonable roots, I doubt it would be visable.

Hmmm...wonder what name he may of registered these things under...surely not MH or his own? Wonder if LE checks into such things that are connected to his parents names (not in anyway suggesting that they were involved...I doubt he would ask their permission to use their names)...and if all is true about DG, I doubt he would care if his parent's names were used to get what he wanted anyway....IMO the guy was running out of options...

I wonder about other aliases also. I would think there's more unless he was trying to keep things simple so to not get them mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage