Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I could get behind this theory. However, it would be a challenge to find a property in this part of Alberta (it's rural, but highly populated) where the land owner would not notice someone digging with a backhoe on their property. It would have to be co-ordinated so that the owner/renter of the land wouldn't notice or be suspicious. Not easy to do in the summer months.
I don't think a backhoe type of machinery could navigate any remote, hilly or swampy areas...although the same bucket that digs can transport said bodies to the location.
It would also have to be done in broad daylight or early a.m. hours, again, not to arouse suspicions. Farmers are very, very vigilant folk.

Far too complicated really. The ebb and flow of what we know best is where we are most comfortable. Why would he venture from the safety of his environs? You are right farmers are vigilant folk. Most people are somewhat vigilant. The place he knew best would have been the best place Imo for him to "clean up". And that's precisely where he was headed when he was arrested in the wee hours just before dawn.

Far too complicated really. The ebb and flow of what we know best is where we are most comfortable. Why would he venture from the safety of his environs? You are right farmers are vigilant folk. Most people are somewhat vigilant. The place he knew best would have been the best place Imo for him to "clean up". And that's precisely where he was headed when he was arrested in the wee hours just before dawn.
Exactly. What we don't know and what may strengthen the case is, what did LE observe him doing that night. They can't disclose this information yet, but IMO, they released him initially to do a stake & notify - providing them with a key to their puzzle.

ohhh, I was hoping others would have posted premed theories/plans.

I never believed that they are at that property to begin with, but if they are, they are on it in a space that had been pre-planned for a long time.

As for heavy machinery of the wheeled type, the older models actually move quite fast and with a skilled operator over some pretty daunting terrain. Did DG offer his services as a hand to older farmers up the way which would allow access. It's also not uncommon to see tractors and/or backhoes travelling down secondary or township roads.

I think I could get behind this theory. However, it would be a challenge to find a property in this part of Alberta (it's rural, but highly populated) where the land owner would not notice someone digging with a backhoe on their property. It would have to be co-ordinated so that the owner/renter of the land wouldn't notice or be suspicious. Not easy to do in the summer months.
I don't think a backhoe type of machinery could navigate any remote, hilly or swampy areas...although the same bucket that digs can transport said bodies to the location.
It would also have to be done in broad daylight or early a.m. hours, again, not to arouse suspicions. Farmers are very, very vigilant folk.

Wondering if perhaps its not residential land, but commercial property or construction site.
If it was residential land, say a neighboring farm, easy enough to do if you know your neighbors are away. DG's parents sound like they're fairly social and have been around the parts for 40 years give or take, so I would imagine they know a lot of the neighbors and who's away, etc. However, that still doesn't address the Heads aerial search...IMO, I don't think he put any bodies in the bucket of the backhoe...way too risky. All it would take is for a small hobby plane or crop duster to fly overhead and see those people in the bucket and he's done.
IMO, I don't think its residential or farm land. I don't think he buried them either. That's too much work, that's too much evidence and there's way too much chance of being seen with his cargo. No, DG wouldn't do it that way...although, there's that thought again...he seems very smart or we hear that he is...but he's the one that reused fake id in a name already known to LE, at a time that LE were watching him, and got caught on his own doorstep so to speak after specifically being told very recently by a judge that he was not to go to the acreage...so...who knows? Could be he put them in a bush not far from home and let the coyotes at them...there'ld be bones left for sure, but who's searching the bushes? Is anyone?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.3222788,-113.9717952,24m/data=!3m1!1e3

ok, call me crazy,, who's quick on finding pics of the greenhouse on this ginormous thread?

Is the green house in the pic above different than in other pics from the property search? It either looks like it could be pulled like a sled or lifted about the property.

This link shows 2 pics of the greenhouse, one is an aerial. I see what you are suggesting about it being moveable. (Again, I think underground hideout here) See pics #5, 7.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/m...igators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

Another one I had not noticed before of the black truck. The tire tracks deep in water is strange. The one image I had seen of the black truck seemed to be on dry land. Photo #2.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.3222788,-113.9717952,24m/data=!3m1!1e3

ok, call me crazy,, who's quick on finding pics of the greenhouse on this ginormous thread?

Is the green house in the pic above different than in other pics from the property search? It either looks like it could be pulled like a sled or lifted about the property.

Thread 4 - Page 10 thanks to weebles! :) Great overhead...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...algary-30-June-2014-4&p=10715422#post10715422

My guess - in part - as to why he headed home after being evicted from the motel was to escape the mosquitoes. He was only in a shirt and jeans help but not that much. The night they arrested him was one of the first full skeeter blooms.

My guess - in part - as to why he headed home after being evicted from the motel was to escape the mosquitoes. He was only in a shirt and jeans help but not that much. The night they arrested him was one of the first full skeeter blooms.

I missed the eviction...why did he get evicted from the motel. And what, he walked home? I guess...they took his credit card I guess.

I'm still wondering what caused him to be evicted in the first place....all that was ever said was 'an incident'...

ETA: IIRC...he crossed fields to get home....not a smart move if he was trying to evade skeeters...he'd be stirring up the masses going cross country....

You think he defied a court order for... mosquitos?

That's a fair distance 20 miles...would it be driven down the road or across land? I'm assuming down the road. If Heads company with the aerial imaging can detect minute relief/depression in a landscape, then perhaps LE could ask them to broaden their search to a 20 M radius. Even if he drove down the road, he would have to drive on the land and dig, so they would still be looking for depression in the landscape.
If I was going to be digging in a place that wouldn't raise concern or suspicion, I would probably go to a place that was already dug up...such as a construction site...perhaps the new raceway if they've started. A great place would be where there may be some new roadwork being put in, say for a new subdivision, commercial building, and a location already prepared that's just waiting for concrete or asphalt soon, say the next day...you could dig the previously disturbed spot, dump the bodies, cover the spot up again as it was before you dug and wait for the concrete truck.
Sorry, ... I think it's a big stretch that DG could just drive up to a construction site with his digging equipment, dig a custom grave, and cover it up again just in time for the concrete truck to pave over it all the next day. The stars would really have to be lined up perfectly for our suspect.
Apologies if you were just kidding.

Just as an added note here about the burning and the greenhouse lights...it was brought up here by one of our members that a friend who lived close by had seen this *I would have to go and find it again*....but I have yet to find it mentioned anywhere in MSM....if anyone could find any link to that being referenced it would be great...otherwise...do we know that was the case? *As much as I would like that to be...cuz it fits with a possible scenario*

exactly. What we don't know and what may strengthen the case is, what did le observe him doing that night. They can't disclose this information yet, but imo, they released him initially to do a stake & notify - providing them with a key to their puzzle.

yes! Yes! Yes!

In a wider past tense timeframe a dig could have been prepped a month or two prior and under the guise of draining a problem water catch, putting in a culvert for drainage as there was some heavy rain for farmers this past Spring.

Sorry, ... I think it's a big stretch that DG could just drive up to a construction site with his digging equipment, dig a custom grave, and cover it up again just in time for the concrete truck to pave over it all the next day. The stars would really have to line up perfectly for our suspect.
Apologies if you were just kidding.

No apology required :) I wasn't kidding.:) Seems to me the stars lined up for him extremely well that day already :) Why would it have to be a custom grave? Shallow would be fine. And who would question a backhoe at a construction site? IMO, that's not such a big stretch...where else would a backhoe be going? Makes more sense to be going to a construction site than the middle of a farmers field with bodies in the bucket. :) As long as it was between the hours of 7 am and 11 pm, he's good. JMO

In a wider past tense timeframe a dig could have been prepped a month or two prior and under the guise of draining a problem water catch, putting in a culvert for drainage as there was some heavy rain for farmers this past Spring.

This is true, but wouldn't the helicopter have picked that freshly covered dig up? Even if it looked like a culvert installation, I'm sure LE would be on it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage