Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disturbed earth would be obvious because it's a different colour and it would not be settled in the same way as undisturbed earth. Acreage owners know their properties, as they are required to look after them .. and they do. It's not just a house surrounded by a bunch of unused land.

unless it's fallow

IIRC, it was stated on an early news clip, when LE had just arrived at the Garland farm. One of the neighbours interviewed by reporters stated the greenhouse lights were on all night on one of the nights previous, and that the burning bin had been going for a whole day.

Thanks Krystine...I will look for that :)

are there other digital globe or world maps with good clarity?

My in-laws live on an acreage and have had someone come by who has taken aerial photos of the property and offers to sell the images. I will try to find out if they know who it was and if they have a photo gallery.

And? I had 2 cairn terriers...built a brand new house in 1985...one of the cairns kept licking a spot on the drywall. We kept fixing it. Dog kept licking, and licking until it licked a hole clean thru the drywall. There was a sandwich in a baggie that the construction workers swept into the framing before putting the drywall on. <rsbm>

:biggrin: :beagle:

My in-laws live on an acreage and have had someone come by who has taken aerial photos of the property and offers to sell the images. I will try to find out if they know who it was and if they have a photo gallery.

Here is something interesting...
Welcome to Homestead Aerial Photo Since 1953, we have provided aerial photo services capturing Commercial, Residential and Special Events. Utilizing our helium blimp system, we are capable of accessing areas restricted to conventional aircraft. We also have in stock over 600,000 photos of farms dating back to 1953, covering Alberta, B.C., Manitoba and P.E.I. - See more at:
http://www.homesteadaerial.com/#sthash.oo69AJp2.dpuf

http://www.homesteadaerial.com/farm-search/

Looks like they need to email it. Not sure if we can get away with it...lol. I could try?

A little off topic, I went on a google search and found another strange coincidence, again could be nothing. I google 'ae garland' and a motor freight transportation/trucking (except local, weird) company comes up in Texas. Didn't AL have links to Texas? Didn't DG have ties to motor freights in the past? I know, Texas is a big place. I then look at the company profile and the company contact has the same first name as AL, but last name Garland. Serious coincidences&#8230;it has to be connected, this can't be random or can it?

I can't make them out clearly. Possibly they are drainage pipes and have been removed?

when dg left the motel, one article mentions him being picked up on a neighbours porch. if it is the neighbor to the southeast, it would give him a semblance of a view of the green house. seriously, open up the ctv pic and the websleuth collection and the google map pic. I think dg wanted to see if le moved the greenhouse,, in the global news pics it is closer but out from the corner of the outbuilding,, the ctv picture has it back of the line of the building. though it's hard to get good sightlines pending the camera and angle and such. but I do think they moved it.

A little off topic, I went on a google search and found another strange coincidence, again could be nothing. I google 'ae garland' and a motor freight transportation/trucking (except local, weird) company comes up in Texas. Didn't AL have links to Texas? Didn't DG have ties to motor freights in the past? I know, Texas is a big place. I then look at the company profile and the company contact has the same first name as AL, but last name Garland. Serious coincidences&#8230;it has to be connected, this can't be random or can it?

considering everything so far I don't think it's that far fetched at all.

... I'd sure like to see the specific charges. If I find anything, I'll post.
<snipped for brevity>

Thanks for that wendiesan. I'm still puzzled where the 2nd count of trafficking comes from as reported in MSM. Here's what we have in the timeline as taken from BC Court Records:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-Maps-amp-Timeline*&p=10823808#post10823808

1992 October 23 – charges listed in BC court registry under file #42183-1-H (against Douglas ROBERT Garland):

FDA - 39(1) Traffic in a controlled drug Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert
CCC - 353(1)(b) possessing automobile master key Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert
CCC - 351(1) Possess break-in instrument Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert
CCC - 354 Possession of property obtained by crime Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert
CCC - 90(1) Possession of a prohibited weapon Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert

1992 November 20 – charges listed in BC court registry under file #42183-1-H (against Douglas ROBERT Garland):

CCC - 355(a) PSP - Over $1,000 Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert
CCC - 355(b) PSP - Under $1,000 Commit GARLAND, DOUGLAS Robert

1998 October, DG arrested in Richmond BC in connection with a stolen tractor trailer unit

1998 October 02 – charges listed in BC court registry under file #41250-2-C (against Douglas JOHN Garland, found by searching under the alias Matthew Hartley):

CCC - 355(a) PSP Over $5,000 Commit GARLAND, Douglas JOHN Richmond BC
CCC - 129(a) wilfully resisting or obstructing a peace officer Commit GARLAND, Douglas JOHN Richmond BC

1999 May 31, DG arrested in Vancouver BC; had been working as a chemical mixer at the BC Institute of Technology (BCIT) under the name of deceased Matthew Kemper Hartley. Charges of impersonation, trafficking in a controlled substance, theft over $5,000, possession of break-in instruments, possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and obstructing a police officer (weapons charge dismissed?).

Note that there are 3 counts of possession of break-in instruments but only 1 count of trafficking and NO reference to the identity theft at all in the court records (only in the last para ^^ which is a summary of info I would have initially pulled from MSM, and presumably would be the "Charges of impersonation").

Where is that other drug charge ??

considering everything so far I don't think it's that far fetched at all.

True, and low and behold it looks like the trucking company might not even exist, I can't find anything 'legit' about it really. Also, on another company profile site, it says it's a company since 1999. Could be random, but the names connected seem just too uncanny.

when dg left the motel, one article mentions him being picked up on a neighbours porch. if it is the neighbor to the southeast, it would give him a semblance of a view of the green house. seriously, open up the ctv pic and the websleuth collection and the google map pic. I think dg wanted to see if le moved the greenhouse,, in the global news pics it is closer but out from the corner of the outbuilding,, the ctv picture has it back of the line of the building. though it's hard to get good sightlines pending the camera and angle and such. but I do think they moved it.

I like your thinking outside the box and perspectives Stan! Always interesting and new thoughts.

the sliders baffle me, they are only on google

I think they are eavestroughs, even though they aren't on the eaves...
Could they be for draining water from underneath the floor from sprinkling the plants?

The pictures are all taken from different angles and the different vehicles and such are throwing me off. In the photo from Global News the greenhouse looks like it has been designed/built on an angle (one end looks larger). Could this be what you see that makes it look like it was moved?

Ahh...you are thinking LE moved the greenhouse. I was thinking you meant DG moved it, assuming to hide the remains. He would have had time, with his parents camping in the first part of July.

I think they are eavestroughs, even though they aren't on the eaves...
Could they be for draining water from underneath the floor from sprinkling the plants?

I'm not sure, as in, I don't have the foggiest idea at all. It does seem built to keep skunks and such from getting under it so drainage might be an issue but then why have it so snug to the ground, thinking rot and such. I don't think it's a permanent placement.

Ahh...you are thinking LE moved the greenhouse. I was thinking you meant DG moved it, assuming to hide the remains. He would have had time, with his parents camping in the first part of July.

he may have moved it, then LE might have moved it, in which that would've been a major concern for DG if LE did.

he may have moved it, then LE might have moved it, in which that would've been a major concern for DG if LE did.

What do you think of the square cut-out inside of the greenhouse? It has flooring, so it is not just a dirt floor. I wonder if it leads down deeper.

Also the roof appears to have a shed roof which would allow the water to go straight to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500