MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM-

We are not positive about it being physical, they have stated strong or major, but have not stated physical. It seems like they are greasing the skids, but we can't be sure.

Not sure she should be ashamed about shaming Governor Nixon, since he is a <mod snip>.

-MOO

I completely support her taking the Gov to task. Some of his comments and blatant voter pandering are STILL stuck in my craw. But for goodness sake, where has dignity gone? These people hold public office and one would assume they are educated individuals. Her choice of wording is offensive and unbecoming her office.

I support the sentiment but someone needs to teach that woman to use her words. That is what I tell my kids when they slip with a curse. And then I go on to tell them that people who stoop to curse words are advertising they are too lazy or stupid to express themselves appropriately.

I completely support her taking the Gov to task. Some of his comments and blatant voter pandering are STILL stuck in my craw. But for goodness sake, where has dignity gone? These people hold public office and one would assume they are educated individuals. Her choice of wording is offensive and unbecoming her office.

I support the sentiment but someone needs to teach that woman to use her words. That is what I tell my kids when they slip with a curse. And then I go on to tell them that people who stoop to curse words are advertising they are too lazy or stupid to express themselves appropriately.

I agree tlcy.

Her use of crass words IMO negated any point she was trying to make.

I'm embarassed for her

This report was filed.. What 10-11 days after the incident. Anyone else see that? Could this be a problem down the road?

No, here is why:

And it will be for some time, according to Brian Schellman, a spokesman for the St. Louis County police department. Schellman told TIME that the department does not intend to release the &#8220;investigative&#8221; component of the incident report, the part that details Wilson&#8217;s version of events.

http://time.com/3159680/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-police-report/

So I been thinking about what it is that makes me want to really give MB the benefit of the doubt here.. for now anyway, and why most others, here at least, seem to hold the opposite viewpoint. I truly think that different folks have different perspectives of what kind of force an LEO is entitled to use and what constitutes a justifiable shooting. I spent some time today watching some police shooting and brutality videos... You know, the ones where people post to Facebook usually condemning the police for their use of force. From reading the comments to those types of videos it is clear to me that 1) people see different things when looking at the same thing. 2) people have extremely different viewpoints of justifiable force by a LEO. I truly believe that even if this MB shooting was caught on tape in its totality, that we would STILL have 2 sides disagreeing with each other.... The problem isn't necessarily what actually happened but what the general public consider justifiable. IMO

This report was filed.. What 10-11 days after the incident. Anyone else see that? Could this be a problem down the road?

I'm sure they will try, but I doubt it will fly. Police reports for random stuff can take a few days. I'm guessing this report, for a pretty serious crime, which the investigative part has not been revealed, will take a lot longer. Not to mention that I'm guessing a lot of their paperwork was behind that week. During some of those really intense protest nights they had an all-available departments alert out - like we need every man you can spare out here. I think as long as the jury finds LE's explanation reasonable it won't be an issue. Like everything in this case though, we're bound to see conjecture about it.

"Freeman Bosley Jr., Johnson&#8217;s attorney and a former St. Louis mayor, told The Washington Post that Wilson pulled up so close to Brown that when he opened his car door, it bumped into the teenager."

Sounds like DJ was doing his version of "Stand your ground". I'm trying to imagine standing in the middle of a public street when a police officer stops beside me, and do I move at least far enough to allow the officer to exit his vehicle? Heck no.

No, here is why:

And it will be for some time, according to Brian Schellman, a spokesman for the St. Louis County police department. Schellman told TIME that the department does not intend to release the &#8220;investigative&#8221; component of the incident report, the part that details Wilson&#8217;s version of events.

http://time.com/3159680/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-police-report/

Well I understand that they would say that of course because it is them that this would be a problem for. what I am looking for is more along the lines of .. Does this to violate procedure... Aren't the public entitled to this information... I can see this being a problem if the Browns file a lawsuit.

So I been thinking about what it is that makes me want to really give MB the benefit if the doubt here.. For now anyway and why most others, here at least seem to hold the opposite viewpoint. I truly think that different folks have different perspectives of what kind of force an LEO is entitled to use and what constitutes a justifiable shooting. I spent some time today watching some police shooting and brutality videos... You know, the ones where people post to Facebook usually condemning the police for their use of force. From reading the comments to those types of videos it is clear to me that 1) people see different things when looking at the same thing. 2) people have extremely different viewpoints of justifiable force by a LEO. I truly believe that even if this MB shooting was caught on tape in its totality, that we would STILL have 2 sides disagreeing with each other.... The problem isn't necessarily what actually happened but what the general public consider justifiable. IMO

I 100% agree that what you describe is a another factor in why people seem so far apart on this case.

And at about 13:00 Parks referring to the autopsy states "its done, completed".

I hope the msm will pick up on this glaring inconsistency. How could the autopsy be "done , completed" on Friday August 15th. when Dr. Baden didn't arrive until Sunday?

Could it be possible that the <modsnip> Percell did the autopsy and Baden reviewed the findings and signed off on it?

I didn't want to mention it last week and stir up yet another controversy, however, as I recalled Dr. Baden had gone out of his position in less than ideal circumstances. Throughout the years as he has commented on major cases, this fact would be brought up at times. I have no links, just a memory.

So I been thinking about what it is that makes me want to really give MB the benefit if the doubt here.. For now anyway and why most others, here at least seem to hold the opposite viewpoint. I truly think that different folks have different perspectives of what kind of force an LEO is entitled to use and what constitutes a justifiable shooting. I spent some time today watching some police shooting and brutality videos... You know, the ones where people post to Facebook usually condemning the police for their use of force. From reading the comments to those types of videos it is clear to me that 1) people see different things when looking at the same thing. 2) people have extremely different viewpoints of justifiable force by a LEO. I truly believe that even if this MB shooting was caught on tape in its totality, that we would STILL have 2 sides disagreeing with each other.... The problem isn't necessarily what actually happened but what the general public consider justifiable. IMO

I am at this point firmly on the fence. I think that If MB attacked the officer he had a right to defend himself then. But when MB ran away the threat was over. He should have called for back up and reported the incident and then they could have gotten him later. I think this officer over stepped the boundary. I have been weighing all the information and all the facts as they come in along with eyewitness testimony and expert comments. If MB had been attacking him in the car and he shot him then and there and killed him, I can allow for that. If MB approached him and beat him and then he shot him, I am good with that too. But that is not what I think happened here because of the trajectory of the bullets and the accounts of what went down and how. I think that MB was probably not a very nice guy as they want us to believe but I think this officer over reacted full of adrenaline and maybe even anger.
I watched the full video of the knife wielding man and that shooting and that seems clear to me although I still don't understand the hail of bullets.

I think when police take a life they need a darn good reason and control in that act. I don't see that here.

I am really awaiting the real autopsy report.

I 100% agree that what you describe is a another factor in why people seem so far apart on this case.

This case may just come down to he said/she said... Which the cop usually wins..... But I don't think the people of Ferguson are going to let that happen this time. IMO

Good post, and ITA. Also, if one is not a Black male or one is not a police officer, how can one possibly understand the dynamics between the two? We can try, but unless we have lived in their shoes, we can't exactly understand what they feel and the prism through which both see things.

If DW does not complete a report they can't issue one. With the Governor demanding DW be prosecuted I doubt DW's attorney would let him file out a report. Plus it could be he was placed on administrative leave before he could start his report.

Just think of how many vacation days and sick time hours these riot people are using up. Tsk, Tsk.....

I am at this point firmly on the fence. I think that If MB attacked the officer he had a right to defend himself then. But when MB ran away the threat was over. He should have called for back up and reported the incident and then they could have gotten him later. I think this officer over stepped the boundary. I have been weighing all the information and all the facts as they come in along with eyewitness testimony and expert comments. If MB had been attacking him in the car and he shot him then and there and killed him, I can allow for that. If MB approached him and beat him and then he shot him, I am good with that too. But that is not what I think happened here because of the trajectory of the bullets and the accounts of what went down and how. I think that MB was probably not a very nice guy as they want us to believe but I think this officer over reacted full of adrenaline and maybe even anger.
I watched the full video of the knife wielding man and that shooting and that seems clear to me although I still don't understand the hail of bullets.

I think when police take a life they need a darn good reason and control in that act. I don't see that here.

I am really awaiting the real autopsy report.

This is basically exactly where I am at. I agree with every word. Need more facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox